Craig Kimbrel struck out Prado, retired Gerardo Parra o

in camera talk Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

BARCELONA, Spain -- Diego Costa scored his 15th goal of the Spanish league season to seal Atletico Madrids 2-0 win at Elche on Saturday, provisionally lifting Diego Simeones side level with Barcelona at the top of the table. Shoes Australia From China . Celta Vigo came back to beat Almeria 3-1 for its first home victory at Balaidos Stadium in eight attempts this season under first-year manager Luis Enrique. Diego Costa fired in substitute Adrian Lopezs chipped throughball to secure the three points in the 74th after Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion had opened the scoring in the 63rd. Diego Costa is the leagues second leading scorer through 15 rounds behind injured Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo with 17 goals. With Elche hanging tough in defence, Simeone sent on Raul Garcia and Lopez and the changes paid off to earn Atleticos 17th win in all competitions to go with four draws and just one loss. Atletico broke through seconds after Raul Garcia replaced David Villa. Koke pounced on a rebound from Garcias shot that Manuel Herrera had saved but failed to clear, leaving the Elche goalkeeper strewn on the turf with defender Alberto Botia and Diego Costa after they collided. Diego Costa then ran onto Lopezs delicately placed lob to fire by Herrera from the right side of the area and secure the three points. "The entrance of Raul Garcia and Adrian (Lopez) gave us two bursts of creativity when the game had gotten bogged down," Simeone said. "We have to keep going forward this way and remain realistic. I know its a good moment for Atleticos fans, but we are focusing on one game at a time." Later on Saturday, third-place Madrid hosts Valladolid,looking to close its six-point gap with its two title rivals, while Real Sociedad visits Espanyol. Barcelona can reclaim sole possession of the league lead when it plays at Athletic Bilbao on Sunday. Celtas much-needed win lifted it three points from the relegation zone, while Almeria stayed among the bottom three. Jesus "Suso" Fernandez, on loan from Liverpool, cut back from the right side before unleashing a left-footed shot to give Almeria the lead nine minutes in. But the hosts dominated the rest of the way. Fabian Orellano equalized from long range in the 26th before the midfielder headed on a corner for Borja Oubina to tap in at the far post in the 49th. Celta striker Charles, who had gone close several times including a header off the crossbar, got his deserved goal in the 59th when he sliced Hugo Mallos low cross off Almeria goalkeeper Esteban Suarez and over the line. Shoes Australia Outlet . - The Detroit Lions have placed tight end Brandon Pettigrew on injured reserve, ending his season. Fake Shoes Australia . It was a loss. But it was also a learning experience. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson had 24 points each to lift Brooklyn to a 94-87 win over the Raptors, making their first playoff appearance since 08. "I thought we played a little bit as expected as it is our first playoff game," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. https://www.shoesaustraliaonline.com/ . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start.ATLANTA -- Arizona manager Kirk Gibson found no fault with Josh Collmenter after the right-hander settled down in the third inning. Collmenter gave up a career-high 11 hits, and the Diamondbacks couldnt solve Ervin Santana or the Atlanta bullpen in a 5-2 loss to the Braves on Friday night. "He went out there and did the best he could and got through six innings. We were unable to score runs," Gibson said. Freddie Freeman drove in two runs, and Santana won his second straight start for Atlanta, which stretched its winning streak to eight games. Arizona began the night tied with Houston for the most losses in the majors with 51. The Diamondbacks have lost seven of 11. "Were trying everything we can to turn around things, but its not happening," third baseman Martin Prado said. "Were trying to have good at-bats and everything. I feel like were pretty close. Theres a bunch of guys having good at-bats." After earning three victories from June 20-28, Collmenter (7-5) allowed five runs, one walk, and struck out three in six-plus innings. The Braves have won 10 of 11 to move 10 games over .500 for the first time since April 29. They lead the NL East by 1 1/2 games. Santana (7-5) gave up six hits and two runs with one walk and six strikeouts in 7 1-3 innings. The Braves made it 2-0 in the first on Freemans RBI single and Jason Heywards RBI groundout. Atlanta went up 4-1 in the third on Andrelton Simmons bases-loaded RBI single and Justin Uptons RBI walk, but Collmenter stranded the bases loaded when Heyward popped out. Collmenters night ended after Simmons led off the seventh with a double. Oliver Perez, the next Arizona pitcher, allowed another RBI single by Freeman to make it 5-1. "I wasnt missing so much up in the zone as missing over the plate, enough for them to get a piece of the ball," Collmenter said. &qquot;I just didnt capitalize on my opportunities when I could have made a pitch. Buy Shoes Australia. " Santana seemed in sync most of the night, but that hasnt been the case over the last few weeks. After winning 2-0 against the Cubs on May 10, Santana went 1-5 with a 5.96 ERA over his next eight starts before earning a 10-3 victory last Saturday at Philadelphia. "Everything my way is getting back again, so I just have to keep it up," Santana said. "Keep my mind positive and keep working down in the zone." Santana retired 11 straight before Didi Gregorius singled to begin the eighth. He left the game one out later when Ender Inciarte singled. After Luis Avilan retired David Peralta on an RBI forceout, Jordan Walden gave up a double to Paul Goldschmidt before striking out Miguel Montero to end the threat. In the ninth, Craig Kimbrel struck out Prado, retired Gerardo Parra on a groundout and got Nick Ahmed to fly out for his 27th save in 31 chances. Arizona cut the lead to 2-1 in the second when Prado led off with a single, moved to second and third on groundouts and scored on Santanas wild pitch. Santana didnt make many mistakes. "He was spotting," Prado said. "I saw him pretty good, but he was commanding his fastball. They took advantage of the first inning and scored a couple runs, and that was good enough for him." NOTES: Collmenter allowed 10 hits in a 6-0 loss at Detroit on June 25, 2011. ... The Braves announced a sellout with a season-high crowd of 48,815. ... Freeman, who went 2 for 4, is hitting .365 over his last 19 games. ... Atlantas bullpen has a 0.42 ERA over a span of 21 2-3 innings during the eight-game winning streak. ... Peralta went 2 for 4 and is hitting .406 over his last nine games. ... Perez had stranded 10 straight inherited runners before Freeman drove in Simmons. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen