it happened to, some guys come out perfectly fine no matter how many concussions they had," he said. "You dont know what the fu

in camera talk Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:34 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

Avondale, AZ (SportsNetwork. Yeezy Schuhe Bestellen .com) - Erik Jones put on a dominating performance but benefited from a power outage with 24 laps remaining to win Fridays Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway. The start of the 150-lap truck race at this 1-mile oval was delayed more than an hour due to an outage at the track and the surrounding areas. The tracks lights went out. The lighting system was knocked out again on lap 126, forcing the seventh and final caution. NASCAR officials called the race shortly after. Jones, who is driving the No. 51 Toyota for Kyle Busch Motorsports in a partial schedule this season, started on the pole and led 114 of 126 laps. His KBM teammate, Darrell Wallace Jr., led the other 12 laps, which occurred during a round of green-flag pit stops in the late going. The 18-year-old Jones scored his third win in his 12th truck start this season. One year ago, he became the youngest driver to win a NASCAR national touring series race by taking the checkered flag for the truck event at Phoenix, doing so at age 17 years, 5 months and 9 days. In September, 16-year-old Cole Custer surpassed Jones record when he won the truck race at New Hampshire. Jones also gave KBM its record 13th victory in the Truck Series this season. Kyle Busch has won seven races in the No. 51, while Jones and Wallace have three victories each. Wallace is in his second full season driving the No. 54 for the team. On Thursday, KBM and Joe Gibbs Racing jointly announced that Jones will compete full time for KBM in the Truck Series and run a partial schedule for JGR in the Xfinity (now known as Nationwide) Series. Ryan Rudy Fugle will serve as Jones crew chief in trucks next year, but his entry number and team sponsor in that series have yet to be decided. Matt Craftons second-place finish coupled with a fourth-place run for Ryan Blaney allowed Crafton to widen his points lead to 25 over Blaney. The series will conclude its season next Friday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Blaney was one of many drivers who was disappointed that NASCAR called the race short of its scheduled distance. All Crafton needs to do is finish 21st or better at Homestead, and he will become the first driver in the 20-year history of the series to win consecutive championships. Custer finished third, while Ben Rhodes placed fifth. Wallace, John H. Nemechek, Austin Dillon, the only Sprint Cup Series regular who competed in this race, Johnny Sauter and Tyler Reddick completed the top-10. In addition to the power outages, this race featured numerous wrecks, including a four-truck incident on the opening lap. After the green flag had waved, John Wes Townley, German Quiroga and Justin Jennings piled up. Track cleanup was extensive, forcing 17 laps of caution. Then on lap 27, Timothy Peters, Jeb Burton and Spencer Gallagher were involved in an accident in turn 3. Nmd Schuhe Großhandel . The Blue Jackets got goals from Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno, Boone Jenner and R.J. Umberger and Curtis McElhinney posted his first shutout since 2011 in a 4-0 victory on Friday night. Ultra Boost Schuhe Sale . And like the near entirety of last season, Jonathan Bernier and Torontos goaltending tandem is up to the task. http://www.yeezyschuhe.de/yeezy-schuhe-deutschland.html . Vonn flew back to Vail, Colo., last week after hurting her surgically repaired right knee at a downhill race in France. "Her knee was swollen again after Val dIsere," U.S. womens head coach Alex Hoedlmoser told The Associated Press. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Eddie Lacy is back after another concussion, and he is pondering a couple of changes. The bruising Green Bay Packers running back returned to practice Thursday as a full participant after getting knocked out of last weeks loss to Seattle in the season opener. He appears ready to assume his normal workload in Sundays home opener against the New York Jets. It was Lacys second concussion in nearly a year, enough to get him thinking about adjusting his running style. "Somehow Ill have to figure out a way to change the way I run, but still keep the physical part of it," Lacy said. "Its not really something Im trying to change as of now. I guess as I get older I will figure out how it goes." The second change appears to be more immediate. Starting in training camp, Lacy had been wearing a new helmet designed to better safeguard against concussions. "Thats what we all thought," Lacy said. Hes switching to his old helmet on Friday. "I tried it out, and I think Ill go back," Lacy said. The 2013 Offensive Rookie of the Year said he never had a concussion before suffering one against the Redskins on Sept. 15, 2013. But the aftereffects from that concussion, which he absorbed while wearing his old helmet, were apparently worse. "I actually remember nothing when I got hit last year," Lacy said. "But on this one I know everything that happened on that play and the play after and all the way until today. It was nowhere near as bad as last year." The latest concussion occurred after getting hit by safety Kam Chancellor. Lacy said he isnt sure whether the new heelmet may have limited the severity of his latest concussion, because he didnt suffer a second concussion wearing his old helmet. Ultra Boost Günstig Kaufen. Whichever helmet he uses, and whenever he tweaks his running style, Lacy doesnt seem too worried right now about the long term. He sported his usual, easygoing attitude after practice. "You cross that bridge when you get there. Some guys it happened to, some guys come out perfectly fine no matter how many concussions they had," he said. "You dont know what the future holds, so Im not worried about it." Lacy was held to 34 yards on 12 carries against the tough Seahawks defence in last weeks 36-16 loss. He won the Offensive Rookie of the Year award last season after rushing for 11 touchdowns and more than 1,100 yards. Green Bay last played on Sept. 4, so Lacy had a few extra days to rest after getting the weekend off. After sitting out Wednesdays practice, Lacy resumed normal activities on Thursday. He pronounced himself ready if coach Mike McCarthy decides to give him 25 carries. Running back coach Sam Gash will leave it up to Lacy on whether he wants to tweak his style. "Hes a physical guy. I dont get into him changing what hes doing. Hes been successful in the NFL and hes going to continue to do what makes him successful," Gash said. "If thats him feeling like he needs to change, thats what we would obviously talk about." Starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga, who hurt his left knee against Seattle, also practiced for a second straight day on a limited basis, as did tight end Brandon Bostick, who is coming back from a leg injury. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen