You never know what shes going to do.

in camera talk Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:28 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- Texas Stars centre Dustin Jeffrey flew under the Abbotsford Heats radar, but hes sure to attract more attention in the future. The 26-year-old spoiled Abbotsfords annual morning school day game Tuesday as he scored his first two goals of the American Hockey League season to lift the Texas Stars over the Abbotsford Heat 3-1. Entering Tuesdays game, Jeffrey had just three assists in 33 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Dallas Stars and Texas Stars. "Its been a difficult year," he said. "To get these two goals is big. I thought Ive been playing pretty well, helping our team in different ways with the penalty kill and whatever they need, so to contribute this way at a 10:30 a.m. game is big." "Dustins a great hockey player," added teammate Brendan Ranford. "Hes been chugging a little bit of late trying to get that puck into the net a Hes been going hard to the net and a lot of bounces werent going in for him, but tonight they were." Jeffreys second goal proved to be the game winner. Ranford sped down the left side of the ice and dished the puck off to Jeffrey who buried it just under Joey MacDonalds blocker from the top of the left circle at 8:55 of the middle period. "(Jamie Oleksiak) made a great breakout play," said Jeffrey. "We ended up having a four on three rush. I just took a step back and let the guys charge the net, (Ranford) hit me with the pass and it went right through the screen." Brett Richie had a goal, while Ranford picked up two assists. Oleksiak and Scott Glennie each added an assist in the victory. "We knew it was going to battle," said Jeffrey. "We knew that for us to be successful we had to play a strong game and take our chances when they came." Jack Campbell stopped 23 shots in the win for Texas (34-16-8). "Campbell hasnt played in forever because of the injury hes been having," Ranford said. "Hes an exceptional goalie a Hes always square to the shooter and he played very well for us and thats what we need." Sven Baertschi had the lone goal for the Heat (33-19-6), who are now winless in their last five games. "I thought it was a great game from both sides," Baertschi said. "It was up and down, and great speed, too. It was a lot of fun to play today. We just couldnt put the puck in." MacDonald stopped 22 of 25 shots in the loss. Texas went 0-for-1 in on the power play while Abbotsford was 0-for-3. "In general, they were opportunistic," said Abbotsford head coach Troy Ward. "We had a couple of those chances, and we didnt score a They were just a little bit more opportunistic this morning." At 14:41 of the first period, MacDonald denied Texas forward Colton Sceviour when he stacked his pads to make a stop. Baertschi opened the scoring less than a minute later with a snap shot from the bottom of the right circle, beating Campbell high glove side. Jeffrey tied the game at 19:21 with his first goal of the season. Glennie found the puck down low and worked it behind the net to Ranford who found Jeffrey in front for the easy tap-in. "Glennie made a pretty good play to draw two of the defenders to him and that left Ranford open," explained Jeffrey. "He made a good play coming around the net and I just tried to create space in front of the net. He made a great play to find me and it basically went right off my stick." Brett Richie gave Texas a 3-1 lead at 10:29 of the third period on an unassisted breakaway, splitting two Heat defenders and going backhand high over a sprawling MacDonald. Cheap MLB Jerseys From China . She was a pioneer. She did things on skis that made the birds take notice. MLB Jerseys 2020 Online .com) - Bradley Beal deposited a season-high 33 points and John Wall posted another double-double as the Washington Wizards went on the road and beat the Houston Rockets, 104-103. https://www.mlbjerseys2020.com/. TSNs Farhan Lalji reports the Edmonton Eskimos non-import DT has a workout scheduled with an NFL team next week and isnt expected to sign a deal with any team until then. MLB Jerseys 2020 . MacLean clocked 8:24.91 seconds, eclipsing the previous mark of 8:27.59 set by Brittany Reimer of Victoria at the 2005 FINA World Championships in Montreal. MacLean and Tabitha Baumann of Ottawa -- second in 8:32.37 -- both went under the qualifying standard to be nominated to the Commonwealth Games and Pan Pacific teams. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic .C. -- Clemson celebrated a senior class Saturday that brought the program back as a national contender. NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Flavia Pennetta of Italy beat Klara Koukalova of the Czech Republic 6-1, 6-3 on Sunday in the first round of the Connecticut Open. The sixth-seeded Pennetta used two straight aces to clinch the win. "She fights until the last point," Pennetta said. "I went for the last points on my serve. I did not want to get into a rally." Pennetta, who had to go through qualifying for this tournament last year, won the first four games against Koukalova. "I tried to be aggressive and stay close to the baseline," Pennetta said. "Shes a really good player. Sometimes it looks as though shes not trying, but thats the way she plays. You never know what shes going to do." Pennetta will meet American Alison Riske in the second round. The two have never played one another.dddddddddddd Riske beat Casey Dellacqua of Australia 6-1, 6-4 in her first-round match. Dellacqua broke Riskes serve in the first game, but the 43rd-ranked Riske won the next six games to clinch the first set. At 4-4 in the second set, Riske broke the 30th-ranked Dellacquas serve then closed out the match. Camila Giorgi of Italy won 6-3, 6-1 over American Coco Vandeweghe. Giorgi fell behind 3-1 in the first set, but rallied to win the next five games. Giorgi had four aces and only one double-fault in needing just 24 minutes to win the second set. Ekaterina Makarova of Russia beat Roberta Vinci of Italy 6-3, 6-3. The 18th-ranked Makarova has reached the semifinals of her last two tournaments in Washington and Montreal. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen