u enough for the sacrifice youve made since I arrived homie! No m

in camera talk Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:47 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

ST. Fake Nike Air Max Shoes . LOUIS -- Mark Ellis knew that he might not see a whole lot of playing time when he signed a free-agent contract with the St. Louis Cardinals in December. "I figured theyd want me to come off the bench and Im fine doing that," he said. "I just want to be on a winning team." Ellis has gotten the best of both worlds. The 37-year-old infielder drove in two runs, including the go-ahead score with a bunt, and the Cardinals got a scoreless effort from their bullpen to beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-3 Sunday. The Cardinals have won two in a row and seven of 10. Philadelphia has lost two straight after a season-high five-game winning streak. Ellis, who has received increased playing time due to injuries, broke a 3-all tie with a safely squeeze bunt in the fourth. He added an RBI single in the sixth. He is hitting .193 with 12 RBIs in 41 games. "We talked about it and the opportunity came up," he said of the bunt. "The ball up is an easier pitch to get that ball down. We were able to execute it." St. Louis manager Mike Matheny appreciates Ellis professional approach at the plate. "Two big at-bats," Matheny said. "Mark did a real nice job of getting that bunt down. He was thinking and really preparing ahead of time. Hes done a lot of good things in this game for a long time." Starter Carlos Martinez (1-3) allowed three runs over five innings. Martinez, who has 31 relief appearances, was making his second start of the season, replacing Michael Wacha in the rotation. "I just focused on throwing strikes, not throwing the ball so hard," Martinez said. "As a starter, Im learning to use all of my pitches." Nick Greenwood, Sam Freeman, Pat Neshek and Trevor Rosenthal combined for four innings of two-hit scoreless relief. Rosenthal got his 22nd save in 25 chances. Freeman struck out three in 1 2-3 innings. "I thought the pen was terrific, too," Matheny said. "Those guys are doing a good job getting through the game when our starters may not be able to go too deep." Cody Asche drove in all three Philadelphia runs with a bases-loaded double in the second. Asche, who grew up in nearby OFallon, was playing his first series in front of family and friends. "Its fun to step in and contribute," Asche said. "I wish we could have taken the last two games and completed the perfect road trip. But weve got some confidence." The Phillies won the first five games of the seven-game swing. Jimmy Rollins had a 15-game hitting streak snapped. Kyle Kendrick (3-7) allowed five runs and eight hits in six innings. He gave up just one hit over the first three innings before St. Louis scored four times in the fourth. "That one big inning hurt," Kendrick said. "They got some hits and I wasnt able to minimize the damage." Jon Jay got the inning going with an RBI single with the bases loaded. Jhonny Peralta followed with a tying, two-run single and Ellis bunted home the go-ahead run. "I like the way they went about putting together some tough at-bats," Matheny said. "Just nice consistent approaches at the plate, not trying to do too much." NOTES: The Phillies announced after the game that RHP Ethan Martin (0-0, 4.50) has been sent to Triple-A Lehigh Valley of the International League. RHP B.J. Rosenberg will be recalled. Rosenberg is 2-1 with a 2.63 ERA. Manager Ryne Sandberg said Martin just "needs to get some innings in."... Matheny had the No. 57 written on his left arm to honour former St. Louis pitcher Darryl Kile, who died 12 years ago Sunday. ... The Phillies begin an eight-game homestand Monday with the first of four games against Miami. Roberto Hernandez (3-5, 4.52) will face Nathan Eovaldi (4-3, 3.76) in the opener. ... St. Louis starts a 10-game road trip Monday with the first of three games in Colorado. Lance Lynn (7-5, 3.15) will take on Jhoulys Chacin (2-2, 4.65). ... The previous three St. Louis games prior to Sunday lasted exactly 2 hours and 48 minutes. This one took 2:54. ... St. Louis OF Matt Holliday hit in the No. 2 spot in the batting order for the first time this season. The Cardinals have used 11 different players in that slot this season. Fake Nike Air Max Free Shipping . The team announced the defensive coordinator will not be offered a contract extension. Nike Air Max Discount . "For the past several weeks, Logan has been dealing and playing with an upper body injury," said general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Despite his efforts to play through it, the injury has not responded as we had hoped and Logan has made the decision to undergo a surgical procedure to repair the problem. https://www.fakeairmaxwholesale.com/ .C. -- Authorities say the brother of Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has been shot and killed outside a South Carolina nightclub.PHILADELPHIA -- So much for Miamis losing streak. LeBron James & Co. were back in business in a big way. James had 21 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds to help the Miami Heat snap a three-game skid and beat the Philadelphia 76ers 101-86 on Friday night. "It was great to see our energy from the beginning, basically, to the end," James said. "Thats what we are. We cant be nobody else. Weve got to be us." Being themselves has worked out fine for the Heat. The two-time defending NBA champions avoided their first four-game losing streak since March 2011. The Heat had dropped games at New York, Brooklyn and Washington. They had no trouble in their second game against the Sixers. They led by 25 and atoned for a 114-110 loss to Philadelphia in October. Chris Bosh scored 25 points and Norris Cole and Shane Battier had 13 points. "We didnt do everything perfect," coach Eric Spoelstra said. He could have fooled the Sixers. Tony Wroten led Philadelphia with 13 points and Spencer Hawes had 10 points and 10 rebounds. The Sixers missed 18 of 20 3-pointers and had 23 turnovers. James was stretched, twisted and massaged in the locker room, headphones on, and glued to the Sixers recent win over Charlotte on the big screen. About an hour before tip, he hardly seemed concerned the losing streak would hit four. "Its a long season, man," he said. "Every now and then, you just need to refocus." They found moments of clarity against the Sixers. At one point, Philadelphia used a lineup of Wroten, Dewayne Dedmon, Hollis Thompson, Brandon Davies and Elliot Williams. That rotation wont win too many games. It never stood a chance against the Heat. Back in October, the Sixers made their first 11 shots and raced to leads of 19-0 and 26-4, putting the champs on their heels a night after they received their rings. "It seems 1,000 years ago," Sixers coach Brett Brown. It was also the highlight of a season that has the Sixers tumbling toward the bottom of the Eastern Conference -- which has been the plan all along as the franchise tries to gobble lottery picks and rebuild. Its why Brown has a four-year contract and a promise of patience from ownership. But that win against the Heat still danced in their heads until tip. "They were able to beat an NBA champion and you cant take it away from them," Brown said. No, but they sure couldnt do it again. The Heat scored 17 seconds into the game, raced to a 12-point lead in the first quarterr and never looked back. Fake Nike Air Max China. James brought what had to be about 10,000 Heat fans to their feet with a rim-rattling dunk in transition. Bosh scored 15 in the first half and Battier hit three 3s. The Sixers? Well, they missed 12 of 13 3-point attempts in the first half and committed 10 turnovers. They never led. They rested their starters and played all subs in the fourth. "They earned the right to keep trying to make a push for it," Hawes said. James crushed Davies in a 1-on-1 mismatch late in the fourth, burying a string of mid-range jumpers to stretch the lead to 20. Bosh-to-James for the alley-oop made it 96-79. His left shoulder was heavily wrapped in ice after the game to nurse a hard hit suffered against the Wizards. Dwyane Wade, who missed the first game against the Sixers, scored eight points on his 32nd birthday. He missed the first Sixers game because it was the second game on back-to-back nights. Hell sit out Saturdays game at Charlotte. "We know how to fix it," Wade said. "Sometimes, it takes you going through certain things to fix it." James posted a collage of photos on his Instagram account as part of a birthday tribute to his friend and teammate. "Happy Bday to my running mate, homie, brother, and most of all straight up friend!" James wrote. "The friendship weve created our rookie year at pre draft camp was pure and thats why we stuck together from that point on! Obviously didnt know we would eventually become teammates and do the things weve done so far. I came to Miami for 2 reasons. To play with U and to win championships and I cant thank u enough for the sacrifice youve made since I arrived homie! No matter what happens in the future we stuck together like brothers for life." James, who can become a free agent again this summer, was amused that his message was interpreted by some that he may leave Miami. "I was more focused on our friendship and where life can take us," he said. NOTES: Los Angeles Angels OF Mike Trout was at the game. ... Heat C Greg Oden sat out two days after he played his first game in four-plus years. Oden wore a basketball-sized ice pack on his left knee in the locker room before the game. ... Brown, a long-time assistant for San Antonio, said it was hard to forget how the Spurs lost Game 6 and then the NBA Finals to the Heat. "You just want to flip a desk," he said. ... Wade said before the game his mom had yet to call to wish him a happy birthday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen