Bartkowski each bought $2,500

in camera talk Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:46 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- C.J. Watson needed a night like this. The sixth-year NBA pro wasnt knocking down shots and didnt feel like much of a contributor this season for the Indiana Pacers. That all changed Wednesday night. Watson hit five 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and finished with a season-high 18 points to help the Pacers to their fifth straight victory, a 99-74 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "I have been struggling and I knew Id been struggling," Wilson said. "But I just stayed in the gym, stayed focused and just kept working and stayed confident. I tried to go out there, be aggressive and take what the game gave me." Watson had made just 6 of 29 3-pointers this season coming into the game. He was 6 of 8 against the Bobcats. "I think he was just looking for it and we drew some plays up for him," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "One of them was in transition and we got him one early when we got him a corner flare. Sometimes, when you hit the first shot, it changes your momentum of the game. Hed been struggling with his shot but hes kept working." Lance Stephenson had 15 points and 10 rebounds and Roy Hibbert added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Pacers. Paul George had 15 points to surpass 3,000 for his career. Al Jefferson had 16 points and nine rebounds for the Bobcats, who have lost six of their last seven at home. The NBAs best defence limited the Bobcats to 31 per cent shooting as the Pacers improved to 14-1, the best start in franchise history. Indiana held Charlottes backcourt duo of Kemba Walker and Gerald Henderson to a combined 6 of 32 from the field. "They keep you from getting into the paint and they have long, strong defenders on the perimeter," Henderson said. "And then they really protect the basket well with Hibbert. Playing a team like that, if your jump shot is not falling then its going to be tough to beat them." Indiana led 60-52 entering the fourth quarter despite shooting just 28 per cent from the field. Thats when Watson caught fire. He knocked down three 3-pointers in the opening three minutes to help push the lead to 12. His fourth 3-pointer helped stretch the lead to 17 with 6:45 left in the game. "Thats when we went haywire," Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said. The Pacers would finish 14 of 20 from the field in the fourth quarter, including 7 of 9 on 3-pointers to outscore the Bobcats 39-22. "Good Indiana Pacers-style win with offensive balance and different guys stepping up each night and dominating with defence and rebounding," Vogel said. "C.J. Watson obviously was the star of the game tonight. It seems like its a different guy every night for us." It was a rough night offensively for the Bobcats (7-9), who had more fouls (27) than field goals (26). The Pacers set the tone early, holding the Bobcats to 4-of-22 shooting from the field in the first quarter to jump out to a 22-11 lead. Clifford said after the game hes still a little "concerned" about his teams offence. "We have to continue to develop our post-up game with Al and we have to be more diligent about staying with what were doing," Clifford said. Charlotte would hang tough and cut the lead to five at the break behind 10 first-half points from Jefferson, who was able to challenge Hibbert in the low post. Jeffersons presence helped minimize the effects of Henderson and Walker, who struggled to find their stroke and were a combined 3 of 16 from the field in the first half. George entered the game averaging 26.8 points over the previous four games and had 12 points at halftime. But he picked up his third and fourth fouls in the opening two minutes of the second half, sending him to the bench. NOTES: The Pacers have only allowed 100 points once this season, that coming in a 110-94 loss to Chicago earlier this month. ... George has scored in double figures in every game this season. ... The Pacers have won four of their last five games against the Bobcats. ... Walker was 3 of 17 from the field and Henderson was 3 of 15. Vapormax Flyknit Levně . The 26-year-old slider from Calgary posted a time of 50.464 seconds, 0.573 seconds back of leader Natalie Geisenberger. The German led the overall World Cup womens standings this season and continued her dominance by putting down a track record time of 49. Vapormax Flyknit Dámské .28 for a combined time of 1:14.70, also an Olympic record. Lee won the gold medal, defending her title from the Vancouver Games. http://www.vapormaxlevne.cz/. -- The Grand Rapids Griffins scored three goals in 33 seconds of the second period en route to defeating the Hamilton Bulldogs 6-1 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Nike Vapormax Cz . The seventh-ranked Berdych wants to focus on the ATP Tour after helping the Czechs beat the Netherlands in the first round. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs will rely again on veteran Radek Stepanek. Vapormax Plus Dámské . According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, Brodeurs agent Pat Brisson has spoken to six teams so far regarding the veteran goaltender.BOSTON -- While Tampa Bay star Steven Stamkos injury was on everyones minds, the Boston Bruins were able to get back to playing hockey a lot quicker after it happened. Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Stamkos was hurt with 7:11 to play in the second period. He entered the day tied with Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby as the NHLs leading scorer. Stamkos got tied up with Boston defenceman Dougie Hamilton and crashed into the right post. His left skate appeared to hit the post first before his right leg crashed into it around the shin area. He tried to get up twice before going down to the ice in pain, grabbing his leg just above the ankle. When he left the ice on a stretcher, players on both teams tapped their sticks on ice as the fans applauded in tribute. The Lightning confirmed on the teams Twitter account that Stamkos suffered a broken right tibia. No further information was available. "A player like that, I dont know how serious it is, but it looks pretty serious to me," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "You dont want to see that." Its bad news for the Lightning and for Canadas Olympic team. Stamkos was considered a lock to represent Canada at the 2014 Sochi Games. Tuukka Rask stopped 28 shots for his 18th career shutout and second this season. Jarome Iginla added an empty-net goal with 59 seconds left. Anders Lindback, playing just his fifth game of the season, made 23 saves for Tampa Bay, which had a four-game winning streak snapped. "Injuries happen. Hes gone a long time in his career without being seriously hurt," Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. "Theres no sugarcoating it. Hes a huge part of our team. You can make an argument here that if you were going to hand out the MVP in our league now, you can give it to him. Is that a hole in our team? Yes, it is." The Bruins jumped ahead with just under three minutes left in the period when Bergeron scored off the rebound of Torey Krugs shot that caromed off the skate of Loui Eriksson. They made it 2-0 when Paille broke in down the right wing, shifted to his backhand and slipped a shot past Lindback iinside the right post.dddddddddddd During the play, Tampa Bay defenceman Sami Salo also appeared to hurt his right leg and had trouble making it to the bench. He was briefly assisted by one of the referees on the ice and didnt return in the third period. "Well, I mean that is a big blow for them. Nobody wants to see that happen to anybody," Iginla said. "He was obviously in a lot of pain and I didnt hear for sure what happened to him, but I imagine its got to be, for him not to get up, hes a tough player and plays hard and stuff. So he must have been in some serious pain." Tampa Bay veteran Martin St. Louis didnt know how bad the injury was, but felt his team still played tough. "I thought we played hard. We just couldnt get the puck in the net," he said. "We really cant think about (Stamkos injury) now. Weve got a game to play (Tuesday). Were going to be playing a lot of hockey. I dont know how bad it is. Its tough to comment. "We lost him tonight for a period and a half. I think its a big part of our team. I thought we battled." It was Tampa Bays second loss in nine games. The Lightning came into the day leading the NHLs Atlantic Division, but the loss of Stamkos will be a major blow. "Now weve got to pick ourselves up and see what were made of," Cooper said. "Its a tough one for the game. You want to see guys that have It and Steven Stamkos has It. Now well see what were made of. You talk about a test, this is a test." Boston won its third straight. NOTES: Stamkos streak of scoring a goal was stopped at six games. ... Boston won its seventh straight against Tampa Bay. ... The Bruins Krug, Dennis Seidenberg, David Krejci, Johnny Boychuk and Matt Bartkowski each bought $2,500 of tickets that were given to military members and their families, who had a chance to meet the players after the game. ... It was the 80th meeting between the franchises. Boston has won 51. ... The Bruins wore military-style camouflage jerseys during warm-ups. ... It was the Lightnings second of a three-game road trip. They play at Montreal on Tuesday night. ... Boston is off until hosting Columbus on Thursday. ... The game was the opener of an NHL-NBA doubleheader. The Celtics were slated to face Orlando at night. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen