n the locker-room and all looked at each other and told each other

in camera talk Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:42 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

(SportsNetwork. Basketball Shoes From China .com) - The Tampa Bay Rays eye a series victory on Sunday when they close out their four-game series with the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. The Rays have played their best baseball of the season these past few weeks, winning nine of their last 11 games, including wins over Detroit on Friday (6-3) and Saturday (7-2) after an 8-1 setback in Thursdays series opener. Chris Archer evened his record for the season (5-5) on Saturday. The right- hander allowed only two runs over 8 1/3 innings of work before giving way to Grant Balfour, who recorded the last two outs of the game by strikeout. Logan Forsythe went 2-for-3 with a home run and two RBI to help power the offense. Kevin Kiermaier also helped the cause, going 3-for-4 with a triple and three RBI out of the nine hole. Anibal Sanchez was unable to match Archer, putting together one of his worst starts of the season to fall to 5-3 on the campaign. Sanchez allowed a season- high seven runs over 5 2/3 innings, while letting up six hits and four walks. Solo home runs from Alex Avila and J.D. Martinez accounted for the entire offensive output for the Tigers. Martinez is batting .467 with a home run and four RBI since the calendar turned over to July. Getting the call for the Rays on Sunday will be David Price, who will be trying to win his third straight decision. The ace left-hander has been in the middle of trade rumors of late and has certainly made himself look particularly attractive over his last few starts. On Tuesday against the Yankees Price allowed just one run on four hits over seven innings to improve to 7-7 on the season. The effort did end a streak of five straight games in which Price struck out 10 or more batters, but he still has 153 punchouts in 131 innings this season to go along with a 3.50 ERA. Price has great career numbers against Detroit. He is 4-1 with a 2.23 ERA in seven total appearances, five of which were starts, spanning 36 1/3 innings of work. Rick Porcello will be attempting to match the Yankees Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in baseball on Sunday. Porcello is currently 11-4 with a 3.12 ERA this season, putting him on pace to smash his career-bests in both wins and ERA. He is also on pace to set career- bests in WHIP (1.124), hits per nine innings (8.1), despite striking out only 5.2 batters per nine innings. His sparkling ERA has been dropping quickly, as Porcello carries a streak of 25 1/3 scoreless innings into this contest. He threw complete game shutouts in each of his last two starts against Texas and Oakland and has won three straight decisions. In the win over Oakland, Porcello did not record a single strikeout and only threw 95 pitches. In his career Porcello is 2-2 with a 2.73 ERA in five starts against Tampa Bay. The Tigers and Rays split six meetings a season ago. Discount Basketball Shoes . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. Basketball Shoes 2020 . LOUIS -- St. https://www.cheapbasketballshoesstore.com/ .com) - The Miami Heat will try to close out the Charlotte Bobcats Monday night in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference first round series.BURNABY, B.C. - For all the talk about a more mature Kyle Lowry this pre-season, his actions in one particular practice this week spoke louder than words.Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri watched intently as the telling sequence of events unfolded. Lowry made a great pass to Jonas Valanciunas. Valanciunas then bobbled the ball.Kyle just turned away. Last year it would be different. There would be (anger), Ujiri said Saturday on the eve of Torontos pre-season opener in Vancouver. And then he turned right back and went to Jonas and gave him two high fives and tapped him.It was gone, on to the next (thing). It shows growth. . . And it was a crucial time of the scrimmage.The Raptors 28-year-old point guard signed a four-year contract worth US$48 million this past off-season. It came just weeks after he firmly established himself as the teams heart and soul in a thrilling playoff series with the Brooklyn Nets.There was talk about Lowrys temper when he arrived in Toronto two seasons ago. Arguably the teams hardest worker, hes a natural leader by example.(But) sometimes with Kyle before, it was how was the message delivered, Ujiri said. (His reaction to Valanciunas) shows me hes maturing and he knows the buttons to press.They control the whole game, he added, of the point guards role. They are also the coach on the floor. Hes got that mind. Hes got the leadership in him to run a team.The Raptors tip-off the pre-season against the Sacramento Kings on Sunday in front of a capacity crowd at Rogers Arena.The game caps a strong training camp for Lowry, who arrived back from the off-season in unbelievable shape, Ujiri said.The Raptors chart all the players in virtually every play in every practice throughout the week, keeping track of everything from loose balls won to rebounds and deflections. Lowry has topped the charts, according to Ujiri.All of the competitions and stuff that they do, whether its shooting or three-on-three, whatever it is they do, (Lowrys) team always is on top, Ujiri said.He plays hard. He has the edge. Thats the honest truth: He does have an edge. And he wants to win. Hes very competitive every single game. Theres something about winning.Coach Dwane Casey has also noticed a calmer Lowry this season.The fire and brrimstone is more under control, the coach said. Fake Basketball Shoes. Lowry still prefers to lead by example.Im more of a go-hard every single day and guys follow my lead, that type of thing, he said. I dont focus in on Oh, Im the leader, Im the leader. I focus in on being me and playing hard and doing whatever it takes to win games.Starting with Lowry a€” who announced on Twitter he planned to re-sign with Toronto, posting a picture of himself in a throwback No. 15 Raptors jersey, to represent the 2014-15 season a€” the Raptors retained their core from last season. It provided consistency that the players say has been huge.It means everything, DeRozan said. Especially for me, personally, because I never really had the consistent group of guys that I could play with. The chemistry that we had last year, that we built between every single guy, was amazing.Lowry called DeRozan first and confirmed he was staying put in Toronto. But DeRozan was never worried.I never gave him a sales pitch, I was just trying to support him, honestly, as a friend, DeRozan said. My whole sales pitch was all last season, the things me and him did together (on the court) spoke for itself. So I didnt have to say anything.Amir Johnson, who along with DeRozan is the longest serving Raptor a€” they both arrived in 2009 a€” also wasnt worried about the core being back this season.Pretty much we all knew, Johnson said. After that last Game 7 (a heartbreaking one-point loss to the Nets), we all sat around in the locker-room and all looked at each other and told each other that we want to do it again.We all knew everyone was coming back. There was no doubt in my mind.Following Sunday, the Raptors will travel to Sacramento to face the Kings again on Tuesday. Theyll play their first pre-season game in Toronto on Friday versus the Boston Celtics.The Raptors open the regular-season at home against the Atlanta Hawks on Oct. 29.Sacramentos visit to Vancouver also marks the NBA debut of Canadians Nik Stauskas and Sim Bhullar.Stauskas, from Mississauga, Ont., was the eighth overall pick in the NBA draft, while Bhullar, from Toronto, signed with the Kings to join training camp, becoming the first player of Indian descent to sign a contract with an NBA team. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen