Going the other way in the

in camera talk Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:28 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

CARSON, Calif. - Until last weekend, Landon Donovans pending retirement was a nebulous concept obscured by games, goals and a sport-wide outpouring of appreciation from the moment he made his stunning decision this summer.This week, Donovan finally saw the finish line.After the LA Galaxy host New England in the MLS Cup on Sunday afternoon, the greatest soccer player in U.S. history knows he will be voluntarily unemployed at 32 years old.Donovan has most of his life ahead of him, and he plans to fill it with travel, education and working with kids. He probably also has several good years of soccer left in him, but Donovan remains determined to figure out who he is outside the sport that has defined his whole life.Im just trying to stay present, and well see what happens afterward, Donovan said Friday at the Galaxys training complex. But for now, I just want to channel the excitement in the right way, as we all do, and really put it into a meaningful and special day on Sunday. After that, I can worry about the rest.Donovan is seeking his record sixth MLS Cup championship when the favoured Galaxy take on the Revolution. The Southern California native has carried MLS banner for 14 years, spurning a European career to play a major role in building his sport and its U.S. league from a small-time operation into something bigger and better.With his self-imposed end in sight, the top goal-scorer in MLS history cant help reflecting on the journey.I could have never in a million years imagined playing against Thierry Henry in brand-new stadiums, Donovan said. I could have never imagined playing with Robbie (Keane), a guy I followed as I became a professional and idolized so much. Playing with David (Beckham) for so many years. All of those things, if you had said that in 2001, I would have said youre absolutely crazy.Donovan is still one of MLS best players after 14 years, and he will play a key role in his franchises attempt to win its record fifth championship trophy Sunday. Teaming with MLS MVP Keane and Gyasi Zardes in a dynamic attacking combination, Donovan would love to make the difference one more time with his combination of speed and skill.Although Donovan struggled to find the inner motivation for his sport at times in recent years, even taking a fairly brief sabbatical last year, he insists he still retains his hunger for goals and success in one last game.This week has been a little bit different than the past few, because I personally didnt know what was coming next (before this), Donovan said. Now I know, so Ive been very excited every day to wake up and go to training. Candidly, I dont want it to end right now. Its been a lot of fun, and Im going to have that attitude Sunday. I personally want it to be as enjoyable as possible, and that would be winning. I love winning, these guys deserve it, and I want to help them do that.That plaintive note of wistfulness in Donovans voice has been seized upon by fans, media and even his own friends as a reason to hope he wont walk away after all. Perhaps after an extended break, Donovan will revive his love for competition and the sport that brought him success and fame — and a sizable fortune that probably wont get bigger without soccer.But Donovans coach, Bruce Arena, and his teammates say they believe hes done. Just as they did when Beckham abruptly left the Galaxy in late 2012 following back-to-back championships, Keane and Arena are ready to bid a winning goodbye to a key piece of their championship lineup.If he hasnt changed (his mind) now, I dont think hes ever going to change it, Keane said. Its been an absolute honour to play with him. Its certainly up there with one of the best partnerships Ive had. Hes made the decision that hes going to retire, which is a shame. But at the end of the day, thats up to him. You have to respect someones decision, and if anyone deserves to go out on a high, its certainly Landon.Donovans future beyond Sunday afternoon is uncertain. Even if he doesnt leave with another trophy, his past is secure.I think his legacy is that he left the game as the greatest player in the history of U.S. soccer, and hes a damn good person, Arena said. Thats a pretty good legacy. Adidas NMD R1 Herr . The incident occurred at 6:28 of the first period in Anaheims 6-3 home win over Dallas on Sunday. Garbutt left the penalty box and skated at Penner before leaving his skates to deliver a check. Stan Smith Adidas Dam Sverige . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. http://www.nmdsverige.com/consortium-adi...or.html.Tatjana Haenni, FIFAs head of womens competitions, told a FIFA Live Your Goals Tour news conference Friday that the artificial turf is being tested to make sure it meets standards. Adidas Superstar Rea . -- Canadian Erik Bedard pitched into the fifth inning in his bid to win a spot in Tampa Bays rotation, helping the Rays beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Saturday. NMD Skor Sverige . Theres little time for rest, too. The Flyers and Rangers play again Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. Simmonds scored in the first period and twice more in the second for his first career post-season hat trick. Mason survived a busy first period and stopping 31 straight shots until Carl Hagelin scored late in the third.Toronto Rock general manager Terry Sanderson has announced the acquisition of transition player Brock Sorensen from the Minnesota Swarm in exchange for transition player Ethan OConnor and Torontos first round pick in the 2017 NLL Draft. The Swarm selected Sorensen with the 2nd overall pick in a very deep first round of the 2012 NLL Draft. The 66 native of Peterborough, ON enjoyed a great rookie season in 2013 with 6 goals and 5 assists for 11 points in addition to 51 loose balls and 10 forced turnovers in 16 regular season games. In 2014, his loose ball numbers crept up to 73 and forced 17 turnovers. Sorensen dressed for all 18 regular season games and scored 6 goals and added 3 assists for a Minnesota team that didnt qualify for the post-season. The biggest assets Sorensen will bring to the Rock are his size and athleticism. With last weeks addition of unrestricted free agent Jeff Gilbert, the team continues to increase the size of the bodies on the defensive side of the ball. Brock will make us a tougher team to play against, said Sanderson. The past couple of seasons, at times we werent a tough team to play against. Our recent moves have begun to address that issue. However, some of that change in becoming a tough team to face is also going to have to come from within.dddddddddddd Sorensen played collegiately at Ohio State University and the first four years of his junior lacrosse career was played with his hometown Peterborough Junior A Lakers. In his Junior A rookie season of 2006, he was a part of a surprising Minto Cup championship team that upset the host team from Six Nations. Sorensen finished his Junior A career by playing his last year of eligibility with the Orangeville Junior A Northmen in 2010. Going the other way in the deal, the Swarm get OConnor who led the Rock and all NLL rookies in loose balls and was Torontos first round pick, 9th overall in the 2013 NLL Draft. Toronto also sends their first round pick in the 2017 NLL Draft to Minnesota in the trade. The Rock do not have a first round pick in the upcoming 2014 NLL Draft, but do have their first round picks in the 2015 (expected to be one of the deepest drafts in league history) and the 2016 draft. We had to give up some significant assets in this trade, explained Sanderson. Ethan had a strong first season in the NLL and has a bright future ahead of him in this league. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen