hat. And I dont think it should. When Rooney stops play

in camera talk Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

HOUSTON -- Matt Schaub will start at quarterback on Sunday for Houston against Denver and interim coach Wade Phillips expects him to receive a better reception than he did the last time he played at Reliant Stadium. Fake Soccer Jerseys . Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum and try to help the Texans end a 12-game skid. Schaubs last action in Houston came when he took over late in a game against Oakland on Nov. 17 as Keenum was struggling. The home crowd booed him so loudly when he entered the game that the offence was forced to use a silent count. "Im not worried about that because I know a majority of our fans are with us no matter what and theyve stuck through no matter what," Phillips said. "We appreciate them. This is our last home game, so we need a lot of support and I think well get it." Schaub, who was benched after six games, will start for the first time since Oct. 13. Keenum has an injury to a ligament in his right thumb and was unable to grip the football on Tuesday. Phillips said he will wear a splint this week and he isnt sure of his status past Sunday. Keenum fell on his thumb and injured it on the last of his four sacks in this weekends loss to the Colts. Schaub last played in the second half at Jacksonville on Dec. 5 and moved the ball well before throwing an interception on what could have been the go-ahead drive in a 27-20 loss. "Hes a consummate professional," Phillips said. "We know Matt. We know hell work hard at what he does and hes going to give us his best effort. And were going to support him." Also on Wednesday, Phillips announced that running back Ben Tate will be placed on the injured reserve after another injury to his ribs. Tate has been playing with four broken ribs since October, but hasnt missed a game. Phillips marveled at the toughness Tate has shown in playing through the injury. "A cracked rib is a problem, but its not something that that it could be too serious as far as his overall health," Phillips said. "But once you get it multiple times, I think youve got to shut him down." Already without Arian Foster, the team signed Jonathan Grimes to take Tates roster spot and add depth at running back. Undrafted rookie Dennis Johnson, who was signed in late October, will start on Sunday. Johnson has appeared in seven games this season with 37 carries for 154 yards. There was a bit of good news for the Texans on Wednesday as Phillips said the injuries to defensive end Antonio Smith (knee) and cornerback Johnathan Joseph (groin) werent serious and they are expected to return to practice Thursday. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. Soccer Jerseys China .Y. -- Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney was mired in a shooting slump, and his woes coincided with a late-season swoon by the Orange. https://www.fakesoccerjerseys.com/ . -- During Kansas shootaround on Wednesday before the Jayhawks faced Oklahoma, coach Bill Self told Wayne Selden Jr.Wayne Rooney will be kicking himself but now he has to prove himself on the pitch to silence his critics, says Jamie Redknapp... Wayne Rooney is an old school player and in years gone by, after a great win, you could go and have a few drinks to celebrate. Ive got sympathy for him because Ive done it myself.When I was playing, there was no better feeling than celebrating with your mates. I was in the dentist chair with everyone else before Euro 1996! Would I do that if I was a player now? Of course not. The problem Rooney has got is that now you have to be whiter than white. This day and age is completely different to when I was playing, with camera phones and social media.When youre someone as famous as Rooney, and youre not in the best of form, you have to be so careful. If you want to have a couple of drinks, fine. But dont get caught at a wedding. Wayne Rooney has let his guard down really badly and hell be kicking himself. Jamie Redknapp As much as it was innocuous - and part of me thinks what sort of people sell these photos? - its a sign of the times that you cant behave like that anymore.Rooney has let his guard down really badly and hell be kicking himself. Watch some of the best Premier League goals scored in Man Utd v Arsenal fixtures Hes given people who were waiting for him an opportunity to go for him and theyve done that. Hes not been in the best of form, things havent gone as well as hed have liked of late and as soon as you make a mistake like this you leave yourself wide open for people to slaughter you and jump in. Six months hhalf price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price You only have to look at the reaction to the other people involved to realise that. Cheap Soccer Jerseys China. Phil Jagielka was with him. Others were out in London. Whats the difference?Its going to be a tough time for him. And worse, hes put his manager in a really tricky position. Redknapp hopes Rooneys indiscretion doesnt cost him his place in the next England squad Everyone is going to be looking at Gareth Southgate, saying what are you going to do about this now? Does he leave Rooney - his captain - out of his next squad if he gets the permanent role?Theyve just beaten Scotland and it was a fantastic feeling for everyone. But Gareth is now in such a difficult position and if he gets the full-time job and doesnt pick Rooney for the next round of internationals in March, I dont think Rooney could really complain.However, if Southgate did decide to make a statement, leave him out of the squad and then find further down the line we have injuries to forwards and Rooney is bang in form, it could end up being a sticky situation. Man Utd vs Arsenal November 19, 2016, 11:30am Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass I hope it doesnt come to that. And I dont think it should. When Rooney stops playing for England, it should be purely on football reasons. I hope they dont use this as an excuse to get him out of the squad.Hes come out and apologised and now he has to focus on his football. Its important he finds some form, starts scoring some goals and doesnt give anyone an excuse to drop him because of this. Perhaps on Saturday against Arsenal - in a fixture hes performed well in previously - he can make some headlines for his footballing ability.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Rooney defied Southgate order WATCH & VOTE: Best Arsenal v Utd goals Rooney gets Fletchers backing VOTE: Best Utd/Arsenal player ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen