ma it wont let me swing right now. Its the human bo

in camera talk Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Caris LeVert Nets Jersey . -- George Springer has more home runs in the past four games than any Kansas City player does this season. Springer homered in his fourth straight game and went 4 for 4 with three RBIs and five runs scored in the Houston Astros 9-2 victory over the Royals on Monday night. "Springer was absolutely tremendous, just line drive after line drive," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "He was special. The two doubles and the home run, the great catch in right field and scoring from second base on a bloop single that not many guys would have been able to score on. He impacted the game in every phase tonight. "This guy is a three-way player. He can impact the game when hes in the batters box. He can impact the game on defence. He can impact the game on the basepaths. He brings it every day, is what I love about him." The Astros have won three straight, matching their longest winning streak this season, and they snapped a six-game losing streak to the Royals. Springer led off the eighth with a home run against Louis Coleman, his fifth homer in four games. The Royals home run leader has four. Springer is the first Houston rookie to homer in four straight games. Lance Berkman was the previous Astros player to do it, in July 2010. "Hes impressive," said Eric Hosmer, robbed by Springer of an extra-base hit with a superb catch to end the seventh inning. "He plays hard and doesnt get cheated at the plate. He drives the ball." Springer also had two doubles and became the first Astros player to score five runs in a game since Cody Ransom on Sept. 24, 2007, against St. Louis. Springer extended his hitting streak to eight games, and is 8 for 16 with 11 RBIs and 10 runs in the past five. It was a magical night for him. "I guess," Springer said. "But at the same time, Im just trying to help the team win and whatever way I can do it, Im happy to help." Scott Feldman (3-2) held the Royals to two runs and eight hits over six innings. "I thought Scott did a tremendous job with his secondary stuff," Porter said. "His curveball had a really good bite and he did a good job for six strong innings." Royals rookie starter Yordano Ventura was led off the field by a trainer in the third inning after experiencing discomfort in his elbow. The hard-throwing right-hander is scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday. "He was getting under pitches and his velocity dropped in the third inning," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "I came out and decided to check it. I talked to him in the second inning and he said, Yeah, its good. I went out and he told me he was feeling a little something in the back of his elbow, but its on the outside, not on the inside." Ventura (2-5) went 2 2-3 innings, yielding five runs on seven hits and three walks before being replaced by Michael Mariot. "In the third inning, I threw a few pitches and it started to feel a little weird," Ventura said. "I felt something unnatural. It was a little uncomfortable, unnatural, and I decided to say something." The Astros had a season-high 16 hits, including a career-high four from Marwin Gonzalez, who had a double, an RBI and a run scored. Alex Presley added three hits and Dexter Fowler reached base five times with two hits and three walks. The nine runs matched an Astros season high. Lorenzo Cain had four hits, equaling his career high, and drove in a run for the Royals, who have lost five of seven. NOTES: Royals 2B Omar Infante (lower back) was activated from the disabled list and doubled in the first inning. RHP Casey Coleman was optioned to Triple-A Omaha. ... Astros RHP Brad Peacock, scratched from Fridays scheduled outing with forearm stiffness, threw a bullpen session and was given the OK to start Thursday against Baltimore. ... Royals LHP Bruce Chen, on the disabled list with a bulging disk, threw a 25-pitch simulated game. Chen could soon go on a minor league rehab assignment. ... The Astros recalled OF Robbie Grossman from Triple-A Oklahoma City. Dzanan Musa Nets Jersey .ca NHL Power Rankings, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks. Moving up, from 10 to seven this week, the Pittsburgh Penguins have won seven straight despite a depleted lineup. Jarrett Allen Jersey . The last team in the NBA that will have any sympathy for the Thunder is the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are showing signs of putting everything together after two years of devastating injuries. https://www.netsrookiesshop.com/Kenneth-Faried-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The Rangers centre left early in Game 1 with an upper body injury after being checked by Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver and has not played since. Brassard told reporters after practice that he was good to go. That brought a smile to the face of Rangers coach Alain Vigneault.GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Clevelands Jason Giambi will be sidelined for about three-to-four weeks with a broken rib in his right side. Giambi was hit by a pitch thrown by Edwin Jackson of the Chicago Cubs in the third inning of a March 7 game. X-rays at the time were negative, but Cleveland said Thursday the 43-year-old Giambi had felt increased discomfort over previous five days. "As he continued to show tenderness, we got him an MRI yesterday," manager Terry Francona said. "We treat the symptoms. He will be down for a number of days without activity, just getting treatment. Then when the symptoms are better, we can start getting him into activities. Then we can get him into baseball activities." The 2000 AL MVP, Giambi is a non-roster invitee to big league training camp. The designated hitter hopes to play in his 20th major league season and second with the Indians. Giambi has been hit by 179 pitches during the regular season, 11th on the career list. "I kind of knew. It was a cutter in it hit me just under the pad," said Giambi, who picked the ball up and flipped the it to Jackson. "I didnt want him to think it hurt." Giambi probably will not make the opening-day roster, but the Indians are hoping he will rrebound and be in position to join the big league team later. Henry Ellenson Nets Jersey. "It is why you try to evaluate everybody, because if you need a plan B or a plan C, you have it," Francona said. Giambi is optimistic he will be back soon. "Its not tragic. At least its not displaced," he said. "The doctors told me it is going to be sore and we have to get the trauma down. Guys play with this all the time. Im not discouraged. Its really small, but with the trauma it wont let me swing right now. Its the human body protecting itself." Nyjer Morgan and Jeff Francoeur also are in camp on minor league contracts. Morgan strained his left calf Wednesday. "The trainers say day to day," Francona explained. "We have to protect him from himself. Hes kind of on a mission here if not to show us, to show the world hes back. He plays so hard. He has to pass some tests on the medical side. Thats not to hinder him. Thats to protect him." Right-hander J.C. Ramirez broke his left thumb and sprained a ligament during a "B" game on Tuesday against the Chicago White Sox and will be sidelined for eight-to-10 weeks. He is scheduled for surgery Monday with Dr. Thomas Graham at the Cleveland Clinic. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen