park because of a stomach illness. Fowler was in

in camera talk Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

NEW YORK -- David Phelps put his pitches in all the right places against a struggling team that was stuck in the wrong spot. Deandre Ayton Jersey . Phelps threw seven strong innings, Carlos Beltran drove in two runs and the New York Yankees beat Toronto 6-4 Thursday night for their 16th consecutive home win over the Blue Jays. "Everything was a little bit crisper today," Phelps said. "I was able to be aggressive the entire game." Jacoby Ellsbury stole two bases, scored twice and hit one of three early sacrifice flies for the Yankees off Drew Hutchison. New York swiped four bags in all and scratched out its fifth run when Brett Gardner was going as Derek Jeter hit an RBI groundout -- preventing an inning-ending double play. Phelps (3-4) yielded two runs and struck out seven in winning his second straight outing after a four-start skid. The Yankees earned their first three-game sweep at home this season and sliced Torontos lead in the AL East to 1 1/2 games. "Big series for us," reliever Adam Warren said after New York won for the seventh time in nine games. "Its nice to kind of see our team click a little bit and play some good baseball." Citing research by the Elias Sports Bureau, the Yankees said the winning streak against Toronto is their longest at home against one team since a 19-game run vs. Cleveland from June 1960 to April 1962. Melky Cabrera and Edwin Encarnacion each hit a two-run homer for the Blue Jays, who have lost nine of 12 and were swept for the first time since Sept. 10-12 last season by the Los Angeles Angels. Toronto has dropped 25 of 27 at Yankee Stadium dating to 2011 and hasnt won in the Bronx since Aug. 29, 2012. "Hey, if youre going to play in prime time, youve got to perform on the big stage and we didnt do it," manager John Gibbons said. "Were fully capable of doing it. We just didnt do it. Itll be definitely good to move on." With closer David Robertson receiving a rest, Warren got two outs for his second save -- ending a rhythm-less game that took 3 hours, 47 minutes. Gibbons was on the field five times in the first six innings for four discussions with the umpires, plus a pitching change. Phelps equaled his career high with 115 pitches and finished strong. He retired pinch-hitter Adam Lind with two on to end the sixth and then struck out two in a perfect seventh. "We really pushed him tonight," manager Joe Girardi said. "He did a great job." The right-hander was fired up, too, clenching his fist and yelling after freezing Jose Reyes for strike three with his final delivery. Phelps made a key defensive play to protect a one-run lead in the fifth. He got Reyes on a soft grounder with the infield in, pinning a runner at third, and then knocked down Cabreras two-out comebacker. Phelps whirled around and scrambled to find the ball near the front of the mound, then zipped a throw to first just in time. "I knew that it went down. I knew it wasnt going to be far away, I just had to get my eyes on it," Phelps said. "Straight scramble mode as soon as it hit me." Cabrera tripped awkwardly over the bag and tumbled hard to the turf, but appeared to be fine. Phelps also picked off Cabrera at second base with two runners on in the first inning and Encarnacion at the plate. Phelps and Girardi both called it the biggest play of the game. "The way our teams been playing right now, its exciting baseball," Phelps said. Encarnacion hit his 21st homer in the eighth, a long drive to left off Shawn Kelley that cut it to 6-4. Yankees hitters ran up Hutchisons pitch count early, just as they did against fellow youngster Marcus Stroman in the series opener. Kelly Johnson had a sacrifice fly in the second and Beltran added one in the third. Making his Yankee Stadium debut, Hutchison (5-5) threw 38 pitches in the second inning and needed 76 to get through three. He was pulled in the fifth trailing 3-2. "Youve got to make better pitches," Hutchison said. "When I got ahead I didnt make good pitches to put them away, and I fell behind quite a bit, too." Beltran hit an RBI double off Aaron Loup, and Brian Roberts stole two bases in the sixth before scoring on Jeters groundout. Steve Delabar walked three in the seventh, including Yangervis Solarte with the bases loaded to make it 6-2. NOTES: Toronto has seven more games scheduled at Yankee Stadium this year. The Blue Jays return on July 25. ... Lind had been sidelined since leaving Saturdays game in Baltimore with a bruised right foot. ... Lights-out Yankees reliever Dellin Betances was unavailable after pitching three scoreless innings in the first two games of the series, Girardi said. ... Johnson was shaken up and removed after the ball hit his left hand when he fouled off a bunt in the sixth. Solarte pinch-hit with a full count and struck out. X-rays on Johnson were negative and he is day to day with bruised fingers. Isaiah Canaan Jersey . Snedekers best result so far this year is a tie for eighth place at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March. He sits 113th in FedEx Cup standings and has dropped to 31st in world rankings — not the results expected from a player ranked fourth in the world only two years ago. Dario Saric Suns Jersey .In a statement released Friday, the Catalan club said the Brazil stars recovery would be monitored to determine when he can begin training again. https://www.thesunslockerroom.com/Ray-Spalding-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Moors, from Cambridge Ont., landed a double-twisting, double somersault in the layout position, en route to a score of 14.600 points in the womens floor exercise, more than a full point ahead of runner-up Pia Tolle of Germany.HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels finally showed off their high-powered offence to win their first game of the season. Mike Trout, Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun all homered to help the Los Angeles Angels get their first win of the season with an 11-1 rout of the Houston Astros. After being swept in a three-game series against Seattle to begin the season and scoring just eight runs over the three games, the Angels equaled that in the first six innings Friday. "I think with a game like this, hopefully, we build confidence," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "Hopefully, on the offensive side we build confidence." Trout hit a solo homer in the first inning and Hamilton hit a three-run drive in the sixth off Jerome Williams that made it 8-1. After Erick Aybars RBI single, Calhoun added a two-run shot off Williams in the seventh. "As competitors, five out of eight games, we are capable of doing something like that," Hamilton said. "The talent is there. We dont go out and try to do that every day. We go out and have the at bats we are going to have. Thats contagious. Thats the mentality we have." Trout also threw out Marc Krauss at the plate in the second inning to keep the Astros off the scoreboard. Garrett Richards (1-0) allowed one run on three hits with five walks and seven strikeouts in five innings. "Its not just me, its all of us," Trout said. "It just happens that I got a home run, but look at Josh tonight. . We just have to keep pushing together, and we pitched well tonight with Garrett getting out of some battles and jams." Lucas Harrell ((0-1) was roughed up for five runs on seven hits with three walks and three strikeouts in three innings. Jalen Lecque Jersey. "With a lineup like that, they have so many good hitters you cant leave the ball over the plate like that," Harrell said. "You go from one hitter to the next, and there is no let-up. Thats why they are so good. You have to execute your pitches every time. I just left it over the plate too many times." Jose Altuve had two hits and a bases-loaded walk in the fifth inning. The Astros loaded the bases in the fifth and sixth innings but were only able to get the one run as Richards struck out Krauss to end the fifth and Fernando Salas struck out Marwin Gonzalez and induced an Alex Presley ground out to end the sixth. NOTES: Astros outfielder Dexter Fowler was out of the lineup and not at the park because of a stomach illness. Fowler was in the hospital with the stomach issue and having tests run, Porter said after the game, and Porter said he would have more details Saturday. Through three games, Fowler is hitting .500 with a home run and three RBIs. He recorded his third consecutive multi-hit game Thursday night. ... Houston catcher Jason Castro was out with a bruise on his right foot but said he feels much better on Friday. Castro is day to day. ... Aybar picked up his 900th career hit with the single in the seventh. He became the third Angels shortstop to reach that mark joining Jim Fregosi and Gary DiSarcina. ... Houston will send left-hander Dallas Keuchel to the mound against Los Angeles left-hander Tyler Skaggs in the second game of the four-game series. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen