a row at the back end of an 11-0 run towards the end of th

in camera talk Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:17 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

MONTREAL -- If the Montreal Canadiens had lost the game, Max Pacioretty would have been kicking himself for a long time, despite scoring a hat trick. Adidas Superstar ανδρικα φθηνα . With the Canadiens leading the Vancouver Canucks by only one goal midway through the second period on Thursday, a game Montreal would eventually win 5-2, Pacioretty was awarded two penalty shots in a two-minute span. He missed them both. For the first, Pacioretty was hooked on a breakaway by recently-acquired defenceman Raphael Diaz at 11:47. After the referee pointed to centre ice, the Canadiens leading goal-scorer walked in all alone, but shot high and wide. "I thought a little bit too much before the shot," said Pacioretty, who had already scored Montreals first goal earlier in the game. "That didnt help me." Less than two minutes later, Alexandre Burrows took Pacioretty down on another breakaway, and the decision on the ice was the same. "I couldnt believe it," said Pacioretty. "I was just trying to catch my breath, wipe down my visor, buy myself a little extra time. Thats the last thing I would expect to happen so quickly after my first one." This time, Pacioretty lost control of the puck, bobbled it, and then took a weak backhand shot on Roberto Luongo, who made the pad save. Pacioretty has taken three penalty shots in his career - two on Thursday, and another on Oct. 12, 2013, in Vancouver. Luongo, who made 25 saves on Thursday, got the better of him on all three occasions. "Hes a big goalie, hes a good goalie," said Pacioretty of the Canucks netminder. "When it comes to penalty shots, hes in my head." Despite missing both, Montreals leading scorer became the first Canadien in team history to take two penalty shots in the same game - let alone the same period. Pacioretty redeemed himself at the start of the third, though, beating Luongo glove-side for his second of the game, the game-winner, and team-leading 25th goal of the season. He also added an empty-netter for his second hat trick of the season. "He stuck with it," said P.K. Subban of his power forward. "It says a lot about his character. Its tough, especially for a guy like him who wants to score so badly. He scored two goals afterwards. It shows how mentally tough he is and determined he is. Kudos to him." The Canucks have lost six consecutive games for the first time in five years. The team is still winless (0-3) since coach John Tortorellas return from a 15-day suspension. After the two missed penalty shots, the Canucks (27-23-9) started the third period down 2-1, but couldnt beat Carey Price for the equalizer. Price frustrated Vancouvers shooters all night, stopping 42 shots for Montreal (31-21-6). Tortorella called the game an "uphill battle." "Our first period was okay," he said. "We played really well in the second. We just couldnt carry it. We needed momentum early in the third period, and maybe score a goal to keep us going." The Canucks did get one back in the third when Alexander Edler beat Price far side with a wrist shot while the Canucks played 5-on-4. But it wasnt enough. Stuck on 63 points, Vancouver is holding on to the last playoff spot in the Western Conference. But Tortorella doesnt think his players have the wrong attitude. "Thats the only thing we can do as a club, right now, is stay positive," said Tortorella. "Why lose that battle? The bench was alive, they played hard. That wont be a problem. We need to continue working at this." After Paciorettys first goal of the game at 14:59 of the first period, Ryan White fired home his first goal of the season. White couldnt have asked for an easier first goal, taking advantage of a sprawled-out Luongo, who thought he was covering the puck, to fire a backhand shot into the roof of the net and give the Habs a 2-0 lead. "I was making sure I put that one in, for sure. I saw the empty net, and I just wanted to make sure I didnt give (Luongo) any opportunity to make the save. He was down and out, and I had to make sure." Dale Weise, in only his second game with Montreal, got an assist on the goal. Former-Hab Chris Higgins made it 2-1 for the visitors at 2:31 of the second period, beating Price on the power play with a redirected shot off his shin for his 16th goal of the year. Montreal had killed off 28 straight penalties prior to Higgins power-play goal. The Canadiens added a fourth goal when Edler kicked the puck into his own net at 8:14. Tomas Plekanec, the last Montreal player to touch the puck, was credited with the goal. The Canadiens had lost four in a row in January, but have since gone 4-1-1. "Were a more confident group," said White. "When you lose, youre second-guessing yourself. Youre maybe not making the right plays all the time, they come back to haunt you. "When were confident, when were playing as a group, those mistakes tend to slide sometimes." NOTES: Henrik Sedin (rib) and Dan Hamhuis (leg) were not in the lineup for the Canucks. The injury even forced Sedin to withdraw from the Olympic Games earlier in the day. ... Weise and Diaz both faced their former teams after they were traded on Monday. ... Travis Moen (lower body) did not dress for the Habs, and is listed as day-to-day. ... This was the second of two games between Montreal and Vancouver this season. The Canadiens beat the Canucks 4-1 on Oct. 12, 2013. παπουτσια Adidas Superstar . The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte. Adidas NMD Greece . She still remembers the massive roar of the home crowd when the Canadians walked out on the pitch before 47,784 fans at Commonwealth Stadium in 2002. Lang expects a similar reception for the Canadian team as the host nation at this years tournament, which begins Tuesday. http://www.nmdgreece.com/adidas-nmd-r2-greece/i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i.html .Fucale will not only be one of the local boys, he is also a Montreal Canadiens draft pick and will have a huge cheering section when Canada opens the tournament Dec.Minneapolis, MN (SportsNetwork.com) - Austin Daye posted 22 points in a rare spot start, helping the San Antonio Spurs take down the Minnesota Timberwolves 108-93 on Saturday. Daye shot 8-for-13 and pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds in his second start of the season to lead six Spurs in double figures. Patty Mills gave 19 points off the bench and Tim Duncan shot 5-for-6 for 13 points in limited minutes. Tony Parker and Cory Joseph netted 12 points apiece and Boris Diaw had 11 for San Antonio, which was without Kawhi Leonard (hand) for the 13th straight game. Manu Ginobili also sat out with a back injury after playing just 10 minutes in Fridays win over Phoenix. The Spurs have won four of their last five games, but are just 8-8 without Leonard this season. Zach LaVine paced Minnesota with 19 points off the bench, while Andrew Wiggins and Gorgui Dieng finished with 18 apiece. The Wolves made all 26 of their free throws to set a franchise record forr most makes without a miss from the line. Adidas pharrell williams ελλαδα. Wiggins has scored in double figures in 10 straight, though the Timberwolves have lost 15 in a row since beating Portland on Dec. 10. Daye scored five in a row at the back end of an 11-0 run towards the end of the first quarter. Joseph then drew a foul just before the horn, with his free throws giving the Spurs a 27-18 lead after one. They won the next two quarters by a combined 11 points to take a 20-point lead into the fourth. Minnesota got within 13 points midway through the fourth and had two opportunities to cut its deficit to 10, but Robbie Hummel and Troy Daniels missed 3s on consecutive possessions. LaVines three-point play made it 100-89 with 2:04 remaining, but it was too late for Minnesota to mount a comeback. Game Notes Minnesota is tied with New York for the fewest wins in the league (5) ... The Wolves shot 3-for-15 from 3-point range. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen