innesota before retiring after the 1996 season.A two-time Pro bo

in camera talk Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:22 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

BUFFALO, N. Dylan Windler Cavaliers Jersey .Y. -- None too happy about Paul Ranger trying to kick the puck past him in the shootout, Buffalo Sabres goaltender Jhonas Enroth slashed the Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman as he skated by. "My first reaction was that he tried to embarrass me there a little bit, but when I look at it now, its good (the) guys trying to be creative, I guess," he said. Enroth had plenty of time to think because the shootout went an incredible 15 rounds, including 29 combined shooters who didnt score a goal. When it was over the Leafs had a 3-2 victory Saturday night thanks to Jay McClements winner, but the Sabres got their kicks out of the pre-season marathon. "At one point I think both refs were just going to call it a draw and kind of pick up the puck and go home and be old-school NHL there for a second and call it a tie," Sabres forward Steve Ott said. "But both performances by both goalies in the shootout was pretty spectacular to watch. Ive never seen that before." Leafs goaltender James Reimer stopped all 15 shots he saw after making 38 saves in regulation and overtime. Reimer went 0 for 5 in shootouts last season with a .625 save percentage, and wasnt making much of this. "Its good to get out there and for me to stop some pucks and for guys to get some reps, but its exhibition and its a little looser," Reimer said. "I think its a little different when its during a game and two points are on the line." Ranger probably wouldnt have tried this in a real game. He learned his "kick shot" from a friend at the age of 10 or 11 and perfected it enough that it beat goalies in practice plenty. "Its gotten to the point where I can rip it pretty good, I feel like," he said. "The cool part of it is I have no idea where its going, and the goalie doesnt either because I sure dont." Asked about Enroths slash and the idea that it was not the right thing to do, Ranger said: "Not the right thing to do? Im trying to score. Quite honestly its fun and, to be honest, Im not trying to show boat, and if he thought that, then it is what it is. Whatever." Ott gave Ranger credit for the kick being a "pretty heavy shot." But it was a deke by McClement that finally ended things. "A lot of light-heartenedness taking place on the bench," Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said. "A lot of guys betting on Jay, so we waited right till the end." Before the shootout, the game had the chippiness normally reserved for the regular season. It featured three fights, including Troy Bodie taking on Patrick Kaleta after the Sabres agitator went after captain Dion Phaneuf. From the Leafs perspective, Ott started the trouble before that dust-up. "I think Ott intentionally shot the puck at Dion," Carlyle said. "Thats what it appeared from where we were. Those are the kind of things that in exhibition are kind of questionable at this point." The Leafs and Sabres played on the edge all night. Carlyle said it the 15-round was something he had never seen before, but even for those with similar experiences this was something unique. "We had one in Rochester, I think we went through everybody except for maybe Joe Finley. I think we had a call-up score," Rolston said. "(This one) was bizarre, especially with no goals." Kyrie Irving Jersey . The 20-year-old Barkley, whose impressive form this season could earn him a place in Englands World Cup squad, was hurt in Evertons 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup on Jan. Brad Daugherty Cavaliers Jersey . Beckham says "nothing has been confirmed yet, but its something I am very excited about." He adds that "Miami is something that really excites me because there is a great energy down there. https://www.thecavalierslockerroom.com/Brad-Daugherty-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- The Denver Broncos retired John Elways No.BUFFALO, N.Y. - Former Buffalo Bills star linebacker Darryl Talley told The Buffalo News that he is suffering from depression and has contemplated suicide in what he considers side-effects from his hard-hitting playing days.The 54-year-old Talley said in an interview published in the newspaper Thursday that it would be easy to call it a day. Talley reverses those thoughts by saying his parents didnt raise a coward and that he wants to be around for his grandchildren.Talley says he has bouts of memory loss and has trouble sleeping.Talley says he is unable to estimate the number of concussions he sustained during his 14-year NFL career.Too many to count, he said, noting there were at least 75 times he saw flashes of lights after being hit.He also lives in constant pain as a result of 14 operations he had during his playing days to repair various injuries.Talley spent 112 seasons in Buffalo, where he was part of an attacking defence that helped the Bills win four consecutive AFC championships from 1991-94. Nik Stauskas Jersey. He then played for Atlanta and Minnesota before retiring after the 1996 season.A two-time Pro bowl selection, Talleys name is among those included on the Wall of Fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium.Talley is also having difficulty making ends meet after the company he owned was forced to close during the 2008 financial crisis.Former Bills teammates, including Hall of Famers Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas, have provided monetary assistance to Talley and his wife to rent their home in Orlando, Florida. They also assisted in paying part of his daughters college tuition.Im not convinced that Im dead yet, Talley said. But the future doesnt look bright.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen