have some work to do." NOTES: After the game, the Marlins

in camera talk Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:22 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

TORONTO - For his new radio job, Dean Blundell will have to leave his old character behind. Adidas Nmd Cheap Uk Sale .Gone is the shock-jock style that he relied on in his rock radio days. Blundells flirtations with the boundaries of good taste are over too.When he makes his debut as morning show co-host on Sportsnet 590 The Fan in early March, the controversial host will be expected to deliver a more mature broadcast for the Toronto all-sports radio stations listeners, according to Sportsnet president Scott Moore.Hes a bold move, a risky move one might say, Moore told The Canadian Press on Tuesday. I spent a great deal of time with him when we were looking at whether or not to make this decision and Im convinced hes going to be a terrific fit.Blundell spent almost 13 years with Toronto rock radio station 102.1 The Edge before his departure last January. The on-air banter on The Dean Blundell Show frequently drew the ire of the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council.The Edges parent company, Corus Entertainment, suspended the show in December 2013 following a segment where several gay men involved in a Toronto criminal trial were ridiculed on the air. A show producer and on-air personality had served as the foreman on the jury.Earlier that year, the CBSC found that comments made on a January 2013 segment about wrestling and homosexuality were discriminatory, stereotyping and degrading under the Canadian Association of Broadcasters code of ethics and equitable portrayal code.Blundell kept busy over the last year with a regular podcast on his personal website. He also had a brief trial run with the Fan and Moore was impressed.We found him to be a great team guy, Moore said. We saw an uptick in interest. Our audio streaming numbers were like triple or quadruple what they had been. He does bring an audience and thats what were in the business of. He brings an audience, he also interestingly brings some advertisers that are interested in him.Hes a personality and as long as you have some parameters around the personality and the personality understands what the brand is, those are the things you look for in building a radio station or a brand.Blundell will work with co-host Andrew Walker, while current co-host Greg Brady will move to early afternoons starting March 30. Brady will take over the current timeslot occupied by Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro, who will move to an early evening television show slot starting July 1.The morning show, dubbed Dean Blundell & Co., begins March 2. A third co-host is expected to be added in the near future.Theyre going to hear a different Dean Blundell, Moore said. Theyll hear a very talented Dean Blundell — a very knowledgeable sports guy. But theyre not going to hear the edgy quote shock jock that they have been familiar with in the past.Reaction to the hiring was mixed on social media. Some Twitter users welcomed his return while others strongly disapproved.I dont think anyones career should be defined by one or two ill-chosen words, Moore said. Im convinced that hes a standup guy, hes a great team guy and I think he very much wants to prove that.Moore is so confident in Blundells ability to perform in his new role, hes not going to bother with a tape delay before the show is broadcast.People deserve a chance in life, Moore said. And most people deserve a second chance in life. He didnt do anything thats illegal. He may have offended a few people, for which he has apologized. Im a fan, I think hes an excellent broadcaster and I think hell fill the role really well.There will be some people that will choose not to listen to him at first. But I think for those who do choose to listen to him, theyll be impressed.---Follow @GregoryStrongCP on Twitter. Cheap Adidas Nmd Wholesale . Mauer struck out to end the inning, with a runner on third base in the seventh on Wednesday and the Twins trailing 1-0. Everybody does this, of course, in a sport with a 30 per cent success rate at the plate long proven to be a benchmark of excellence. Latest Nmd Trainers . Vettel only needs to finish fifth or better Sunday to wrap up the championship with three races remaining, and bettered his own lap record to claim his third straight pole at Buddh International Circuit. http://www.nmdukonlinestore.com/nmd-chukka-trainers-outlet-deals.html . Al Horford said all he had to do was make the catch near the basket and then shoot a soft jumper.MIAMI -- The Atlanta Braves made themselves at home all weekend at Marlins Park, including when Evan Gattis put a dent in the home run sculpture Sunday. Gattis broke a ninth-inning tie with a two-run homer, newcomer Shae Simmons made another key contribution and Atlanta completed a three-game sweep by beating Miami 4-2. "We played about as good a series as weve played in a while," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. The Braves pulled off the sweep after losing four consecutive games to Boston, and after being swept by the Marlins during a three-game visit to Miami a month ago. "Theyre a good ballclub, and its good to get three wins," Gattis said. Making the sweep even more impressive is the Marlins 20-11 record at Marlins Park. They lead the majors in home victories and made a bid for a ninth-inning comeback Sunday. Simmons, pitching in his second big league game, earned his first career save when he retired Christian Yelich with two on for the final out. Closer Craig Kimbrel was given the day off because of a heavy recent workload. "I got through it," Simmons said. "Im not going to say it wasnt a little intimidating." Simmons also got a key out in his major league debut Saturday. He left town with two game balls and two souvenir lineup cards. "Its kind of surreal," he said. "I dont really feel like its happened. I feel like I wasnt even out there." The series began with the Marlins and Braves tied atop the NL East. Now Miamis three games back. "This was a good test," manager Mike Redmond said. "Believe me, theres a sour taste in all of our mouths." With the score 2-all, Freddie Freeman started the ninth with a single, only his second hit in 36 at-bats this year against Miami. Gattis then hit a 2-0 fastball into the sculpture in distant left-centre field for his 11th homer, and the first this year allowed by Marlins closer Steve Cishek (4-2). "Thats a big home run there, in this ballpark off that reliever," Goonzalez said. Adidas Nmd r1 Ebay Uk. "That doesnt happen very often. The matchup there didnt favour us." But Marlins Park seems to bring out the best in the Braves, their visit a month ago notwithstanding. Atlanta is 18-7 in the ballpark since it opened in 2012. Gattis is batting .333 with six homers and 20 RBIs in 18 games at Marlins Park. Hes a fan of the stadium and even the colorful sculpture, which has its share of detractors. "The sculpture? I like it," Gattis said. "I like this park. It has been good to me." Marcell Ozuna hit a two-run homer, his 10th. Those were the only runs allowed by Aaron Harang in 6 2-3 innings, but he remained winless in his past four starts for Atlanta. Alex Wood (5-5) pitched 1 1-3 perfect innings. Miamis Nathan Eovaldi gave up two runs while pitching a season-high eight innings. He has an ERA of 0.75 in five starts against Atlanta since the beginning of 2013. Shaky defence cost Eovaldi an early lead. Jason Heyward hit an RBI single in the third, and then the tying run scored when second baseman Derek Dietrich failed to turn a double play that would have ended the inning. "It was a tough series," Redmond said. "We didnt play our best, we didnt play great defence, we didnt run the bases well. We need to play better, but we know we can play with these guys. Every guy in that clubhouse believes that, but we have some work to do." NOTES: After the game, the Marlins optioned RHP Arquimedes Caminero to Triple-A New Orleans. ... Ozuna made a sliding catch in centre field to rob Chris Johnson of a hit in the seventh. ... Freeman fell to 3 for 24 lifetime against Eovaldi. ... The Marlins open a two-game series at home Monday against Tampa Bay, with Randy Wolf (0-1, 4.50) scheduled to pitch against Alex Cobb (1-2, 2.93). ... The Braves are off Monday and begin a two-game series Tuesday at home against Seattle, with Mike Minor (2-3, 3.41) scheduled to start against Hisashi Iwakuma (3-1, 2.39). ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen