to a good start as a

in camera talk Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs could fill out quite a roster using players on injured reserve.Joe McKnight is the latest to make the list, rupturing an Achilles tendon in practice on Thursday. Hes already the third Chiefs player to sustain a season-ending injury to an Achilles tendon, joining Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Johnson and defensive tackle Mike DeVito.Offensive tackle Jeff Allen is also on IR after hurting his biceps. Defensive tackle Mike Catapano is on the list after a lengthy illness. Wide receiver Kyle Williams, quarterback Tyler Bray, and safety Sanders Commings didnt even make it through training camp before landing on the list.Throw in a few players who have been banged up, including Pro Bowl running back Jamaal Charles and safety Eric Berry, and the Chiefs may have reached their limit of bad karma for the season.They always say, Two things you cant worry about are weather and injuries, because you cant control them, Chiefs defensive co-ordinator Bob Sutton said. Its one of those things.McKnight has been plagued by injuries dating to his days at Southern California, and he never could stay healthy with the New York Jets. He spent last season out of the NFL entirely, but seemed to be catching his stride after enduring more physical hardships in training camp.With Charles out of the lineup last week against Miami, McKnight stepped into the role of the primary pass-catcher out of the backfield. He wound up with six receptions for 64 yards and a pair of touchdowns in a 34-15 win over the Dolphins.Even with Charles expected to return Monday night against New England, McKnight had started to elbow his way into regular playing time, if nothing else than on special teams.Were really upset for him because he was a year-and-a-half without playing and coming out and having success, and doing a good job for me as a returner, Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub said. Its a shame. I feel bad for him.The details of exactly how McKnight was injured are a bit sketchy.Offensive co-ordinator Doug Pederson said that quarterback Alex Smith was throwing him the ball in a man-coverage situation with a linebacker, and that it was a non-contact situation.It tugs at your heart a little bit because he did battle through not only an injury here, but an injury in New York and sitting out of football, Pederson said. Hes put in the time, put in the effort all the way back into our OTAs and our off-season program, and he was a guy who brought some energy to that room. He was electric and brought a whole other skill set that we were able to use.Still, the Chiefs should be able to absorb McKnights injury better than some of the others they have sustained. Charles is mostly recovered from a slight high ankle sprain, and Knile Davis just ran for 132 yards and a touchdown against the Dolphins. Cyrus Gray also figures into the mix, and rookie DeAnthony Thomas could finally play this week after dealing with a hamstring injury.Its fortunate that we still have depth at that position, Pederson said. It gives, again, the opportunity for Knile to continue to improve and continue to get better and have another good game like he did this past weekend. Cyrus is in that same situation.___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Yandy Diaz Rays Jersey . LeBron James leads the Miami Heat in a quest for three consecutive championship titles, while Tim Duncan looks to add his fifth ring with the San Antonio Spurs when the series tips off with Game 1: Miami @ San Antonio on Thursday, June 5 at 9 p. Wade Boggs Rays Jersey . Now he has a complete game. Scherzer tossed a three-hitter in his 179th career start for his first complete game and Victor Martinez hit his 16th homer to lead the Detroit Tigers a 4-0 win over the Chicago White Sox. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/1486i-ch...ersey-rays.html. -- Cole De Vries had a couple of key strikeouts during what could have been the inning that doomed him to defeat against the Kansas City Royals, allowing him to escape further damage and keep the game tied up. Joey Wendle Jersey .com) - Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett is active for Sundays matchup with the Miami Dolphins. Anthony Banda Rays Jersey . After a tight first half, the Croatians took command in Reykjavik after Skulason was dismissed for a professional foul in the 51st minute, but couldnt find a way past Iceland goalkeeper Hannes Halldorsson and his packed defence. Eduardo had a weak shot cleared away from near the goalline after barely a minute for Croatia, whose substitute Ivica Olic forced a fine reaction save from Halldorsson in the 55th.CLEVELAND - LeBron James met with Cavaliers team doctors Friday night to decide if he would play after missing a game because of a sprained right wrist.The decision was easy.They said it was my call and obviously you guys know what my call is, James said after scoring 19 points in Clevelands ninth straight win, a 101-90 victory over skidding Sacramento.James admitted his wrist isnt 100 per cent, but he made five straight shots in the second half while Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving combined for 44 points for the streaking Cavaliers.It was a little sore, obviously, being in live action, but it was good, James said.James missed Wednesdays game against Portland but came back to go 7 for 16 from the field and commit six turnovers in 33 minutes. His five straight shots, included a 3-pointer and a dunk off a behind-the-back dribble, as Cleveland put the game away early in the fourth quarter.A team trainer placed a brace on James wrist in the third and he wore it the rest of the game.James was injured when he fell hard to the floor Tuesday against Detroit but came back in and finished with 32 points.But James said, there was no way I could have played Wednesday. My wrist was too stiff, too tight. I couldnt get much rotation on it.James said he got treatment all day Thursday and the wrist felt better at Fridays shootaround.Tonight was a matter of him saying I feel good enough to go, I want to go and allowing him to play, Cavaliers coach David Blatt said. And Im glad we did because we needed him tonight.Love led Cleveland with 23 points, including 16 in the first quarter, while Irving, who scored an arena-record 55 points Wednesday, added 21.DeMarcus Cousins, who was named to the Western Conference All-Star team Friday, scored 21 points and had 13 rebounds, but it wasnt enough to prevent Sacramento from losing its eighth straight.I think a lot of guys are lost right now, Cousins said. We need to find our roles. With the whole pace thing, things are kind of wacko.Cleveland took thee lead midway through the first quarter and steadily built the margin, which remained in double figures most of the game.ddddddddddddJames made his presence felt immediately when he stole a pass after the Kings won the opening tip and scored on a two-handed dunk.James missed eight games with knee and back injuries earlier this month. Cleveland is 8-1 in games hes played since his return two weeks ago.He didnt play when the Kings routed the Cavaliers 103-84 in Sacramento on Jan. 11. The Kings havent won since and have the longest losing streak in the NBA, while the Cavaliers are one of the leagues hottest teams.Cleveland won eight straight from Nov. 24-Dec. 9. The nine-game streak is its longest since it 13 in a row in 2010.Love, who was 9 of 17 from the field and had 10 rebounds, will return to Minnesota on Saturday night for the first time since the Cavaliers acquired him from the Timberwolves last summer.Cousins was named an All-Star replacement for Kobe Bryant, who is out for the season.TOUGH STRETCHKings coach Tyrone Corbin realizes this is a difficult time for his team and playing the Cavaliers didnt help.We were a step slow and they were aggressive, he said. That really was the story.THATS BETTERLove, who was 6 for 26 in his last two games, regained his shooting touch Friday.I try not to look at that stuff, I just try to play, Love said. The last two games there we a little bit of a reluctance there. I try to keep positive. My shots were falling tonight and we got off to a good start as a team.TIP-INSKings: Cousins and Cavaliers G J.R. Smith were given double technicals in the second quarter. ... F Jason Thompson was also hit with a technical in the third. ... Sacramentos last road win was at Minnesota on Jan. 1. ... Rudy Gay had 20 points.Cavaliers: F Tristan Thompson wore an ice bag on his left shoulder while sitting on the bench, but entered the game in the first quarter.UP NEXTKings: At Indiana on Saturday.Cavaliers: At Minnesota on Saturday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen