quarterbacks to ever play this

in camera talk Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:00 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

SALT LAKE CITY -- A game after he scored a career-high 43 points, nothing seemed to be going right for Paul George. Fighting a cold, his chest was burning and he couldnt seem to catch his breath. To make matters worse, his reliable shooting stroke was faltering. "It was so hard to find my wind but I didnt want to make any excuses. I tried to play through it and find a way to will us to a win tonight," said George, who scored 19 points as the Indiana Pacers returned to their defensive ways in beating the Utah Jazz 95-86 on Wednesday. George and Pacers primarily did it with defence as they usually do. "We struggled but we stuck with what we do best," said George, who had a key steal and dunk moments after the Jazz got within two points midway through the final period. "We made those guys take tough shots and, over time, those shots start to get a little short or a little long. Our defence played a huge part in us getting this win." Lance Stephenson scored 15 points, Luis Scola had 14 and Roy Hibbert added 13 points to win in Utah for the first time since an 84-60 victory on Nov. 29, 2005. The Pacers were coming off their first back-to-back games of the season in which they allowed their opponent to reach 100 points -- L.A. Clippers and Portland. But Indiana outscored the Jazz 27-19 in the fourth quarter and parlayed 14 Utah turnovers in 20 points. "They pushed us off our spots," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said. "They put pressure on us a little bit and threw off our rhythm." Gordon Haywards 3-pointer cut the Indiana lead to 79-76 before the Pacers scored nine straight points, capped by Wests 20-foot jumper that just beat the shot clock, and never looked back. "We made the better plays down the stretch. We got what we wanted, getting open shots because we executed in the fourth quarter," West said. Derrick Favours led Utah with 22 points and 13 rebounds and Enes Kanter had 20 points and 10 boards for the Jazz, who had won three of their last four games. Hayward and George, who have worked out together in the summers and were picked ninth and 10th in the 2010 draft, both struggled with their shooting against each others tenacious defence. "Its always fun playing against Gordon because hes one of the few guys in this league that never lets up. I know I always have my hands full when I face him," George said. When George finally made a 3-pointer -- his first in eight attempts -- with 53 seconds left, he paused and pointed skyward in relief at seeing one drop. "I pointed up to the basketball gods and thanked them. It was just a relief. I wasnt able to shoot the ball well and I was just fatigued out there," said George, who finished 7 of 20 from the field after an acrobatic layup with 21 seconds remaining. Hayward made only 3 of 14 shots and finished with 12 points. "They are good defensively. They challenged a lot of shots at the rim and forced us to shoot over the top and we just couldnt knock them down," Hayward said. Behind 10 points each from Kanter and Favours, the Jazz built an 11-point lead in the first half that evaporated to 48-47 by halftime. Led by Stephenson, the Pacers used an 18-4 run bridging the second and third quarters to move in front. The Pacers are the top defensive team in the league -- holding opponents to 39.5 per cent shooting and 87.6 points per game -- but they allowed the Clippers to score 100 points in a win and the Blazers 106 points in a loss on the current five-game road trip. "It was a really good win for our guys, kind of a grind-it-out type of game," Indiana coach Frank Vogel said. Power forwards Marvin Williams (foot) and Jeremy Evans (flu) sat out the game for the Jazz but Utah attacked the Pacers for three quarters and led 69-68 after Kanters layup to open the fourth quarter. But the deeper into the fourth period they went, the more difficult it was for the Jazz to score. The Pacers disrupted the Jazz offensive sets and when Utah found open looks they misfired down the stretch. "The altitude and my asthma kicked me in the rear to begin with. But I got my second wind and I was trying to be a defensive presence," said Hibbert, who blocked two shots and altered several others. The Pacers tough trip concludes with a back-to-back set against San Antonio on Saturday and Oklahoma City a day later. NOTES: Jazz rookie Trey Burke had a career-high nine assists. . Stephenson, upset with an offensive foul call in the fourth quarter, threw the ball over his shoulder and got a technical foul. . Kanter looked as if he threw Hibbert to the floor in the final two minutes but Hibbert gave a sly smile, indicating he may have helped sell the call. . Though he travelled with the team, Danny Granger has only played five games this season for the Pacers due to a strained calf and is still inactive. Custom Texas Rangers Jerseys . Expensive. The NFL fined Tomlin $100,000 on Wednesday for interfering with Baltimores Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return in the third quarter of a 22-20 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night. Fake Rangers Jerseys . New York Red Bulls. TSN primes Vancouver fans for the start of the 2014 season with MLS on TSN: Season Preview Special airing tonight at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt on TSN2 (encore Friday at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt on TSN2). https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Texas Rangers Shirts . Not to be outdone, Atletico Madrid bettered its title rivals by demolishing 10-man Getafe 7-0 with Diego Costa returning from injury to score with a brilliant bicycle kick. "It was an almost perfect night," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. Texas Rangers Pro Shop . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair.CLEVELAND - Wearing large headphones to block out the world, Johnny Manziel walked slowly from the Browns locker room, pausing to sign an autograph for a young fan who painted his face for the occassion.Manziel then stopped briefly to talk with friends waiting for him, but the Browns rookie quarterback was hardly in the mood to socialize.There were no money signs being flashed, no discussion about hitting any clubs, nothing but sympathetic pats on the back.It was time for Manziel to go home.His debut was a disaster.Manziel couldnt live up to the enormous hype surrounding his first NFL start as the Cincinnati Bengals rolled to a 30-0 win Sunday over the Browns, who were eliminated from the AFC North race and will likely miss the playoffs for the 12th straight year.Manziel didnt provide a spark. He didnt do much of anything.It was tough, Manziel said. I need to be better. Its tough to come out and there and lay an egg like that and I put that on me. Im not using the rookie excuse. Its not me. I needed to play better.With the Bengals determined not to let him transform into Johnny Football and make big plays, Manziel spent the afternoon running or ducking from trouble. The 21st starting quarterback for Cleveland since 1999, Manziel looked a lot like his 20 predecessors — lost and alone.He completed 10 of 18 passes for 80 yards, threw two interceptions and was sacked three times. He was also constantly taunted by Bengals players, who gleefully flashed Manziels money-rubbing gesture in his face every chance they got.I didnt even notice it, he claimed.It would have been hard for him to miss Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga, who batted down one of Manziels passes and nearly stuck his hands inside the quarterbacks facemask to make a point. As the week progressed, Cincinnatis defence grew tired of all the talk about Manziel.We didnt want to let him be Johnny Football versus us, said Bengals defensive end Carlos Dunlap.Manziel never got a chance.The first-place Bengals (9-4-1) scored the first time they had the ball, building momentum the Browns (7-7) could never turn around.Clevelands offence went three-and-out on its first three series, picking up just one first down thanks to a penalty on the Bengals defence.And when the Browns finally got a scorinng chance, Manziel squandered it by forcing a pass into the end zone that was intercepted by Bengals cornerback Adam Pacman Jones.ddddddddddddManziel took the blame for the miscue.You cant throw the second one whether youre playing in a Pop Warner league or if youre 6 years old playing in the driveway, you cant throw that ball, Manziel said. Thats 100 per cent on me.Browns coach Mike Pettine, who benched Brian Hoyer in favour of Manziel, didnt mince words when assessing the 22-year-olds performance.He didnt play well — looked like a rookie, played like a rookie, said Pettine, adding hes committed to playing Manziel in Clevelands last two games. I know a lot of it was we didnt play well around him, but he made some obvious mistakes that typically a veteran quarterback wont make.The Browns defence, which had played so well recently, didnt do its part. Cincinnati took the opening kickoff and drove 81 yards for its first score, a 2-yard touchdown run by rookie Jeremy Hill, who backed up his harsh remarks about the Browns following a 24-3 loss last month.Hill hurt the Browns for 148 yards and two touchdowns, and Rex Burkheads 10-yard TD run with 23 seconds left closed the scoring.By then, thousands of Browns fans — many of them in No. 2 jerseys — who had come hoping to see Manziel work his magic and maybe provide a glimpse of a brighter future, had solemnly filed from FirstEnergy Stadium.Same old Browns.Manziel did his best to stay positive afterward, promising improvement.Im not going to be written off forever, he said. Its going to take time and reps. The best quarterbacks to ever play this game have struggled early. Its tough for a young guy to come in and get accustomed to this league.Whats done is done.NOTES: Browns CB Joe Haden will undergo an MRI on Monday for a shoulder injury. He was hurt in the first half and did not return. ... The Browns only ran 38 offensive plays, the fewest in the league this season. ... Cleveland finished 4-4 at home. ... The loss was Clevelands most lopsided since a 41-9 setback to Pittsburgh in the 2010 season finale. ... Newly signed K Garrett Hartley never got on the field. He was signed Saturday when the club waived Billy Cundiff.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen