Then Braunschweig

in camera talk Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

VANCOUVER -- Former Vancouver Canucks enforcer Gino Odjick says he has a rare terminal illness. Odjick, in a letter published Thursday on the Canucks website, said he was diagnosed with AL (Primary) Amyloidosis two months ago. "Its causing abnormal protein to be produced and deposits are being formed on my heart," said Odjick. "Its hardening my heart and my doctors arent sure how long I have to live. "Initially they thought years, but now they think it could be a lot less. I could be down to months or even weeks." The 43-year-old Odjick played from 1990-2002 in the NHL, including eight years in Vancouver and two in Montreal. He also played for the New York Islanders and Philadelphia Flyers, recording 64 goals, 73 assists and 2,567 penalty minutes in 605 regular season games. Odjick played 44 playoff games, all with Vancouver, scoring four goals and an assist. The Maniwaki, Que., native was drafted by the Canucks in the fifth round (86th overall) of the 1990 NHL Draft. "I feel very fortunate for the support Ive received over the years," Odjick said. "During my career I played in some great NHL cities including Vancouver, Long Island, Philadelphia and Montreal. "In my heart, I will always be a Canuck and I have always had a special relationship here with the fans." Odjick said he was diagnosed with the disease two days after Pat Quinn was added to Rogers Arenas Ring of Honour in April, and hes been in hospital ever since. Jeremy Lin Hawks Jersey . At Manchester United, Ferguson developed Beckham into one of the worlds most recognizable sportsmen, but the midfielder left United in 2003 for Real Madrid under a cloud after his relationship with the manager broke down. Ray Spalding jersey . Josh Mazzola drove in five runs to lead the Goldeyes (20-12) past the Capitales 11-5 Friday night at Le Stade Municipal in Quebec City. https://www.thehawkslockerroom.com/Spud-...Edition-Jersey/. The top-ranked Williams carried her winning momentum from 2013 into the new season, beating No. 2-ranked Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-5 on Saturday to defend her title at the Brisbane International and set the tone for the Australian Open. Cam Reddish Hawks Jersey . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. Trae Young Jersey . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners. -- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored twice to give Borussia Dortmund a hard-fought 2-1 win at relegation-threatened Eintracht Braunschweig in the Bundesliga on Friday. The visitors failed to create any chances of note until Nuri Sahin tested Braunschweig keeper Daniel Davari with a well-placed free kick in the 28th minute. Aubameyang opened the scoring three minutes later, when Robert Lewandowski played a one-two with Marco Reus and lifted the ball over the outrushing goalkeeper for him to head into the unguarded net. Braunschweig equalized in the 51st through Benjamin Kessel, but Aubameyang scored the winner on a counterattack in the 65th, when Reus found him on the left to shoot inside the far corner. "There were moments when we played brilliantly but we have to be thankful we won here," said Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp, who called itt a "dirty win.dddddddddddd" The visitors wasted several chances to seal the result before Henrikh Mkhitaryan hit the post in the 89th. Then Braunschweig almost equalized in injury time only for defender Ermin Bicakcics header to crash back off the post. "We played very well, we fought hard, really took the game to Dortmund. Im disappointed we didnt take anything from it," Kessel said. Third-place Dortmund remained 14 points behind leader Bayern Munich ahead of the rest of the 19th round, while Braunschweig stays bottom, five points from safety with its rivals yet to play. "It hurts to be bottom of the table but if you look at the performance today you can see the huge progression weve made," said Braunschweig coach Torsten Lieberknecht, a former teammate of Klopps from their playing days at Mainz. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen