lly pretty excited about. Im excited that its going to play longer and not

in camera talk Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:48 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Toronto Blue Jays went limping home from their long, losing road trip. Nike Air Max 90 From China . The struggling AL East leaders lost infielder Brett Lawrie and right fielder Jose Bautista with injuries and fell to the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 Sunday. Toronto was 3-7 on its visit to Baltimore, Yankee Stadium and Cincinnati. Lawrie, twice hit in the left hand by pitches earlier in the week, sustained a broken right index finger when he was hit by a pitch from Johnny Cueto in the second inning. The team didnt immediately announce how long he would be out. "Its definitely tough," said Lawrie, who said he expects to be placed on the disabled list. "Were big pieces of the puzzle, especially (Bautista). Its tough on the team to not have all its bullets. We just have to keep on grinding." Bautista left because of tightness in his left hamstring, manager John Gibbon said. The All-Star outfielder had a single and a sacrifice bunt before leaving. Cueto pitched eight effective innings and Todd Frazier broke a 2-all tie in the fifth with a two-run homer off R.A. Dickey (6-6). Toronto has lost five of six, and has dropped five straight series. Cueto (7-5) gave up three runs -- one earned -- and leads the NL with a 1.86 ERA. He gave up seven hits and struck out eight while winning his third straight start. Gibbon became just the latest opposing manager to be dazzled by Cueto, though he also was impressed by his own starter, who got two extra days of rest after his last start because of a sore groin. ""I thought (Dickey) was pretty good, except for the home-run ball," Gibbon said. "Thats been his nemesis. It was a hot day, but he stayed out there. Cueto was just a little bit better. Hes good. Hes in a different class." Aroldis Chapman struck out the side in the ninth for his 13th save. Cueto led off the fifth with a bunt single. One out later, Frazier lined his team-leading 17th homer of the season, and the sixth allowed by Dickey in his last four starts. "I felt good," Dickey said. "I gave up nine hits, but I think only two or three of them could be described as hard-hit. I think all but one of my earned runs over my last four or five starts have come on home runs. Thats tough to overcome, especially against a guy like Cueto. I knew it was going to be a scrappy game from the beginning." The Reds had their own injury concerns. Second baseman Brandon Phillips left the game in the middle of the fifth with a bruised right heel, and Cueto had to shake off a hamstring cramp to stay in the game. "When Frazier hit that ball, I went back to tag and I felt it," Cueto said through a translator. "It was just a cramp." Frazier is tied with Pittsburghs Andrew McCutchen and Baltimores Adam Jones for the most home runs in the month of June, each with seven. Edwin Encarnacion led off the Toronto eighth with his 24th home run, connecting against his former team. He hit a pair of three-run shots Friday night while Toronto was coming back from an 8-0 deficit to grab a 14-9 win. The Reds used Encarnacions error at first to take a 1-0 lead in the first. With Frazier on first and two outs, Phillips was safe when Encarnacion couldnt handle third baseman Juan Franciscos throw on a chopper. Jay Bruce converted the error with an RBI single. The Blue Jays got help from two errors to take a 2-1 lead in the third. Munenori Kawasaki reached on first baseman Joey Vottos throwing error, Melky Cabrera singled and Toronto loaded the bases on Cuetos misplay of Jose Bautistas bunt. One out later, Colby Rasmus lined a two-run single. The Reds tied the game in the fourth on Bruces leadoff double, Ryan Ludwicks single and Brayan Penas run-scoring double-play grounder. Encarnacion homered off Cueto into the left-field seats. NOTES: Bautista was scheduled for an MRI on Monday. He left for pinch-runner Jose Reyes, who didnt start after fouling a ball off the side of his left knee on Saturday. ... Toronto is scheduled to open a seven-game homestand with the first of three against the Yankees on Monday. ... The Reds are due to open their second 10-game road trip of the season with the first of three games against the Cubs. Fake Nike Air Max 90 .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Wholesale Nike Air Max 90 .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/ . Notes on Bergeron, Marchand, Gorges, Vanek, Gaborik, Doughty, Hiller and more. BRUINS STORM BACK TO TAKE GAME TWO The Boston Bruins rallied from a 3-1 deficit, scoring four unanswered goals, to win Game Two, 5-3 over the Montreal Canadiens.WATERLOO, Ont. - It took 59 weeks for Stacy Lewis to knock Inbee Park out of the No. 1 spot in the LPGA rankings. Now the 29-year-old Texas native will be fighting hard to stay on top at the Manulife Financial Classic, beginning Thursday at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo. Lewis reclaimed the LPGA lead from Park with a win last week at the ShopRite LPGA Classic in New Jersey, her second of the season. Park had leapfrogged Lewis in early 2013 when Park won the Kraft Nabisco Championship before the Tour took a week off. Lewis admitted that shes had a pretty hectic week so far, not arriving into Canada until Monday. "Its been a pretty cool week; a pretty whirlwind couple of days," she said. "Its was nice to get the win last week and getting the number one was just a bonus." Lewis, who has already finished in the top 10 in 10 tournaments this season, has to like her chances heading into Waterloo, where she has tied for fifth and sixth the previous two years. "Ive come here the last few years and played really well," she said. "I think its a golf course you have to make a ton of birdies on and I led the tour in birdies last year, and I think Im leading that stat this year, so I think that fits my game. You have to go out there and attack, and make as many birdies as you can. "This golf courses length is always an advantage, the par 5s are reachable and I think this year it will be even more of an advantage with the course playing a little bit softer. Id love to get another win, but at the same time, I just have to keep putting myself there and on Sunday, hopefully, the cards fall your way." The trick, she said, is not becoming too complacent and preparing the same way as she would for any other tournament, even though Park and No. 1 hopeful Lydia Ko are both at Grey Silo. "I feel like over the last year Ive put myself in position to win so many times that Im very comfortable," Lewis said. "Sunday last week, the nerves were there initially, but once we got going, I felt like if I took care of my game there was no way anybody was going to beat me." Someone else Lewis will have to watch for is returning champion Hee Young Park. The South Korean won the MManulife Financial Classic in dramatic fashion last year, beating Angela Stanford in a three-hole playoff. Cheap Nike Air Max 90. Stanford and Park both shot 26-under 258 at the tournament tying an LPGA record for lowest number of strokes at a four-day event. Park, ranked 23rd in the world, said she was eager to get back to familiar surroundings. "Actually this golf course is in perfect shape, everything, and I know how I was feeling and green conditions pretty much perfect, so easy to get used to it," she said. "(Earlier in the week there) was rain here so it got softer, so I can hit more aggressive, which is good." Park added that shes ready to defend her title, despite suffering a wrist injury "a few months ago". She said after some rest, the wrist feels fine. "It feels a lot better and Im back to pretty much normal, I can play," she said. "(The) last few weeks I played pretty good, so I think its ready." Lewis is hoping that the wind, which has whipped up the past few days, sticks around for the weekend on the links-style course. She feels that will keep scores down and her in contention. "I would much rather play a golf course when its playing hard than when its playing easy," she said. "Whats surprised me the last two years is that I have played well here, because I dont like courses that are just a straight birdie fest and you go crazy. I like it when its hard and you have to golf shots and things like that. "The wind this year, Im actually pretty excited about. Im excited that its going to play longer and not as short as in years passed. That gets me excited, I dont know about the other players." Besides the top three golfers in the world, there are seven Canadians in the field this year — Erica Rivard of Tecumseh, Ont., Nicole Vandermade of Brantford, Ont., Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., Torontos Rebecca Lee-Betham, Hamiltons Alena Sharp and Jennifer Kirby of Paris, Ont. Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version had Park tying an LPGA record at the last Manulife Classic with a score of 26 under. She actually tied the record for the fewest number of strokes at 258. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen