with a berth in Saturdays

in camera talk Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

As the Premier League takes a break, we challenged the Soccer Saturday pundits to pick their top summer signing. Paul Merson, Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson and Matt Le Tissier have all delivered their verdict but while one Liverpool player has caught the eye, Manchester Uniteds star names Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have made less of an impression.Read on to find out who the pundits have plumped for - and tell us your top signing so far by leaving a comment below or tweeting us @SkyFootball... Merse picks: Nathan RedmondThis is a leftfield one, but Im going for Nathan Redmond. He played up front at the start of the season and it didnt really work, but he gave it everything and now hes in a supporting role and a key to Southamptons impressive form.For what they paid for him - around £10m - and the prices in football these days, hes a bargain. People will say Zlatan Ibrahimovic as he was on a free but hes not when youre paying him £300,000 a week. Hes costing Manchester United a year what Southampton are paying Redmond for five seasons. See how Nathan Redmond found the net on his Southampton debut I also think hes bang unlucky not to be in the England squad. Hes performed every time hes been in the England U21s and now Gareth Southgate has made the step up, hes got to be thinking why am I not in his squad? What do I have to do? Its a no-brainer for me.Charlie picks: Christian BentekeThis is not just because hes scoring goals again but because he changes the philosophy of this Crystal Palace team. Christian Benteke has made an immediate impact at Palace His presence in the box is something theyve desperately needed for a number of season and gives Wilfried Zaha and Andros Townsend an additional option. Charlies Sky Bet tip Find out what Charlie is tipping up at 14/1 in his World Cup qualifier acca here. They started the season with back-to-back losses without scoring and are unbeaten in five since Benteke arrived, so if theres a team that have been transformed by a signing then it is Palace. Watch Benteke strike in Crystal Palaces 1-1 draw at Everton Thommo picks: Sadio ManeIf youre looking at a player who has transformed a side and injected what they needed then its Sadio Mane.People talk about this Liverpool team suddenly challenging for the title but whats the difference really been? I think its all about Mane and the pace he has injected. Sadio Mane has scored three goals in six starts since signing for £34m It is the one thing this Liverpool team lacked. Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho and Adam Lallana have all been great but they were all there last year and hes brought the best out of them.His pace to drag defenders back allows these players play and I think hes had a massive impact. In a footballing sense, this guy does everything at 100 miles per hour. Re-live Manes solo stunner against Arsenal He destroyed Arsenal in that second half and all of us said he was overpriced but hes looking like a snip at a fraction of Paul Pogbas price.Le Tiss picks: Sadio ManeAs much as it hurts me, Id have to go with Mane as well. He has been outstanding in his first few games at Liverpool.I think him and Adam Lallana were the two most painful to lose as I enjoyed watching them. Theyre the guys that get you on the edge of your seat and are who the fans pay the money to watch. Mane scored 11 goals in his final season for Southampton I think if he finds the consistency that was missing at times at Southampton, and he did have periods where he didnt look particularly interested, then he certainly gives Liverpool a better chance of winning the league.Who gets your vote? Leave a comment if youre reading on skysports.com or tweet us @SkyFootball...Watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Le Tiss predicts Find out what Le Tiss is tipping up at 20/1 for England v Malta here. Also See: Spurs top four, Man Utd fifth? Europes best young player? Nmd_r2 Sko Norge . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career. Billig Nmd Sko .com) - Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James will sit out Thursdays game against the Oklahoma City Thunder with left knee soreness. http://www.nmdnorgesalg.com/. But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. Nmd Norge Shop . His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin. Ultra Boost Norge .C. -- Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has been ruled out for Sundays game against the Atlanta Falcons. KITCHENER, Ont. -- Brad Gushue overcame a sloppy game to beat Jake Higgs 10-4 at the 2013 Capital One Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trial curling tournament Wednesday. Gushue scored four in the second end, stole three in the fifth and two more in the sixth against Higgs, from Glencoe, Ont. The victory moves Gushues St. Johns, N.L., rink into Thursdays A-event final against John Morriss team from Kelowna, B.C., and Vernon, B.C. Both rinks will play for a berth in Saturday afternoons page playoff A-B game. Gushue said his team did just enough to get past Higgs. "It was a comedy of errors by both teams," said the 2006 Olympic gold-medallist. "Fortunately we made them try some pressure shots, and they didnt pull through. But it was not a well-curled game by either team." Morris advanced with a 10-5 win against Greg Balsdon of Elgin, Ont. Even in a triple-knockout competition, Gushue said he isnt taking anything for granted against Morris. "If you win, youre in great shape," said Gushue. "You get two cracks (at a Trials berth), and if you lose, you drop back into a B semi, so youre still two games oout and youll end up playing some good teams.dddddddddddd. So its a bit of a desperation game. Not do-or-die, but its such a big advantage and you want to play hard for it." Balsdon and Higgs dropped to the B-Event with the losses. The womens A-event final Thursday will feature former world champion Kelly Scott of Kelowna taking on Renee Sonnenberg of Grande Prairie, Alta., with a berth in Saturdays A-B final on the line. Scott stole back-to-back points in the sixth and seventh ends to beat Krista McCarville of Thunder Bay, Ont., 6-5. Sonnenberg broke open a 4-4 game through seven ends by scoring one in the eighth, stealing one in the ninth and three more in the 10th for a 9-4 win over Laura Crocker of Edmonton. In womens B-event play, Tracy Horgan of Sudbury, Ont., was a 12-7 winner over Winnipegs Barb Spencer. Spencer had taken a 5-3 lead by scoring four in the fifth end, but Horgan immediately bounced back with four in the sixth and never trailed again. Two curlers from both the mens and womens events will earn the final four spots for the Roar of the Rings Canadian Curling Trials next month in Winnipeg. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen