began Wednesday night

in camera talk Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:47 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

TORONTO -- Georges St-Pierre will shed light on his future later this week in Quebec City. There has been a question-mark hanging over the UFC welterweight champion since his controversial win over No. 1 contender Johny Hendricks last month at UFC 167. St-Pierre said immediately after the fight that he needed time away from his sport to take care of personal matters and ponder his future. It appears the 32-year-old from Montreal has made up his mind. St-Pierre, currently on vacation in Dubai, confirmed by text to The Canadian Press that he will be announcing his future Friday. As of Monday, even the UFC was in the dark as to their pay-per-view kings plans. UFC president Dana White told The Canadian Press that he was letting St-Pierre "have his time." The unlikely venue is a skating rink at a Quebec City mall. St-Pierres manager, Rodolphe Beaulieu, said it was a previously scheduled appearance, with the fighter slated to meet fans and sponsors. St-Pierre will also take questions briefly from the media. While Beaulieu said St-Pierre was not making an announcement per se, he said the champion will answer questions. St-Pierre (25-2) has not lost since April 2007, dominating the 170-pound division while becoming one of Canadas best-known athletes. His split decision win over Hendricks on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas extended his string of victories to 12, the longest current run in the UFC. It was his ninth successful title defence and ninth straight title defence, one behind former middleweight champion Anderson Silva in each category. And it was his 14th championship fight, one behind Randy Couture. The victory also moved GSP past Silva for most wins in UFC title bouts at 12. St-Pierre also extended his UFC mark for most championship rounds fought to 52. But many, including White, scored the last fight for Hendricks. And St-Pierres post-fight remarks about taking a break infuriated the UFC boss, who calmed down after meeting privately with the fighter. The champion has not detailed the personal issues at play. "I need to think. I have stuff going on in my life ... This is my personal life," St-Pierre told the post-fight news conference. "I cannot speak to you about this. Youre a reporter, I know your job is to make things public. But I have a personal life, I keep personal some of my stuff." A TMZ report said the champion is dealing with a family illness and a personal issue. White told The Canadian Press that St-Pierre had told him the report was not true. After meeting the champion privately after the fight, White said St-Pierres issues "arent as bad as he thinks they are." "Yeah, well get through this," he added. St-Pierre does not need to fight again. He is financially set, thanks to millions made in the cage and endorsements with the likes of Under Armour and Bacardi. Should he decide to keep fighting, a lucrative rematch with Hendricks awaits. Jonas Valanciunas Jersey . Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey . Patrick Sharp scored twice and Patrick Kane, Bryan Bickell and Nick Leddy also connected to lead Chicago to a 5-2 win over the Devils on Monday night. https://www.raptorsrookiesshop.com/Marc-...ition-Jersey/.C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Malcolm Miller Raptors Jersey .C. United on Wednesday night. Forward Bright Dike scored the games only goal in the 85th minute on a foggy night in Bradenton, Fla. Cameron Payne Jersey . - Rookie Kyle Larson will start from the pole position Saturday night in the NASCAR race at Richmond International Raceway after a thunderstorm arrived just in time to wash out qualifying.DETROIT -- Zach McAllister gave up lots of runs in the middle innings last season. This year? So far, so good. McAllister allowed a run and four hits in six innings and Yan Gomes hit a two-run double in the Cleveland Indians 3-2 win over the Detroit Tigers on Wednesday night. McAllister (2-0) walked two and struck out four. "He used his fastball well early in the game," Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. "It was a great effort. He kept us off the field." The Tigers had runners on first and second with one out in the fourth, but McAllister got Nick Castellanos on a flyball that centre fielder Michael Bourn ran down in deep right-centre and then elevated a fastball to strike out Alex Avila swinging on a 3-2 pitch to end the inning. "That was a big inning for me," McAllister said. "The middle innings was where I couldnt get out of trouble last season." John Axford pitched the ninth for his fifth save for Cleveland, which had lost 18 of its previous 23 against Detroit. Axford got out of a jam with a runner on third to seal the win. Avila doubled and went to third on Bourns error with one out. Axford then struck out pinch-hitter Don Kelly and got Rajai Davis on a groundout to end the game. Brian Shaw pitched a scoreless seventh, but Cody Allen gave up an unearned run in the eighth when Francona called for a replay review on the play at first base on a bunt single by Detroits Ian Kinsler and the safe call was upheld. That put runners on first and second with no outs. Torii Hunter grounded into a double play -- after not being able to get a sacrifice bunt down -- and Miguel Cabrera singled to make it 3-2. Victtor Martinez followed with a single, but Allen fanned Austin Jackson to end the inning.dddddddddddd Miguel Cabrera drove in both runs for the Tigers. Detroit starter Anibal Sanchez (0-1) gave up three runs -- two earned -- and two hits in five innings, walking four and striking out eight. "The cold was just incredible. Ive never pitched in this kind of weather in my life," Sanchez said. "Even in Minnesota, it has always been in the 40s, and today it was more like 30. In the first inning, I never got warm. "After that, I got a little better and I was able to get ahead of the hitters." Gomes gave the Indians a 3-1 lead in the second with his triple that scored Asdrubal Cabrera, who reached on an error by Cabrera at first, and David Murphy, who walked. NOTES: All players on both teams wore No. 42 in observance of "Jackie Robinson Day." Tuesday was the official celebration around the majors, but the game between Detroit and Cleveland was postponed due to inclement weather. It was 42 degrees when the game began Wednesday night. ... Bourn made his season debut after missing the first 13 games with a left hamstring strain he suffered during spring training. Bourn came off the disabled list Tuesday. He was 0 for 4 with a walk and a run scored. ... Due to early season postponements, Detroit LHP Drew Smyly -- the Tigers fifth starter -- has yet to start a game. He has made two relief appearances and hasnt allowed a run in six innings. Smyly is scheduled to make his first start Friday. ... Thursday afternoons scheduled starters are RHPs Justin Verlander (1-1, 2.57 ERA) for the Tigers and Danny Salazer (0-1, 6.75) for the Indians. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen