I used my changeup a lot more

in camera talk Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- With a playoff spot already secured and a journeyman goalie starting, another loss by the Minnesota Wild to the St. Louis Blues seemed inevitable. Not so fast. Kyle Brodziak scored two goals and John Curry made 43 saves in his Wild debut to lead Minnesota over the struggling Blues 4-2 on Thursday night. Nino Niederreiter added a goal and an assist to help the Wild snap a nine-game losing streak against the Blues and win for the sixth time in seven games. "I was obviously very thankful to get the opportunity, no matter how it went," said Curry, whose father was childhood friends with Blues owner Tom Stillman. "But just based on my career, I know you dont get many of these. So its good to have success and to play well when you get the chance." St. Louis dropped its fourth straight and also lost star T.J. Oshie after he was shouldered in the face by Wild enforcer Mike Rupp halfway through a chaotic second period. Rupp was ejected, and Oshie dabbed blood from his mouth as he moved slowly back to the locker room after being down on the ice for 5 minutes. Rupp was assessed a match penalty for intent to injure. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said Oshie is day to day. "I havent seen it because the bench was up. Ill look at video on the plane," Hitchcock said. "Obviously, Oshies out. Like everybody else at this time of year, hes day to day, but certainly a tough hit to take right now." Kevin Shattenkirk and Jaden Schwartz scored for the Blues. Curry, the fifth goalie Minnesota has started against St. Louis in five games, was called up to make his fifth NHL start. The Minnesota native had allowed 22 goals in his previous five games at AHL Iowa, but turned away four early power-play shots and had 17 saves in the first period to establish himself in his first NHL start since Jan. 11, 2010. "Weve got to find a way to outwork the goalie, get more traffic," Schwartz said. "There were pucks all around the net, all around him and we just couldnt find a way to bang it in. We did a good job of getting it there, but weve got to find a way to outwork these goalies." The way Curry was playing, outworking him might not have been an option. "Im sure one of those saves is going to be on NHL Tonight," Niederreiter said. Minnesota led 1-0 after the first on Niederreiters 14th goal and was controlling play during the first half of the second. Then, Rupp, playing for the first time since Feb. 1, knocked Oshie out of the game, and Shattenkirk tied it with a 5-on-3 goal a few seconds later. Brodziak and Schwartz traded short-handed goals before Matt Moulson buried his 23rd of the season at 17:30 to send the Wild into the second intermission with a 3-2 lead. It took Brodziak only 58 seconds to extend Minnesotas lead to 4-2 in the third period with his eighth goal. "It definitely felt good. But yeah, the whole game felt good," Brodziak said. "Everybody was involved and really focused on what we tried to accomplish, and we got er done tonight." Blues goalie Ryan Miller, who had stopped only nine of 13 shots, didnt leave immediately after Brodziaks second goal, but skated back to the locker room and was replaced by Brian Elliott at 16:22 of the third. Miller has allowed four goals in three straight games. After Brodziaks first goal, Blues centre Steve Ott was given a 10-minute game misconduct penalty for inciting the opponent. "Its frustrating. Its not fun losing," Schwartz said. "These are big, important games for us and its a big time of the year. Were confident in here that we can turn this around and we got two more games to do that." St. Louis entered the game second in the Western Conference, and theres a strong chance these teams could meet in the first round of the playoffs. St. Louis had pushed the Wild around all season, but the momentum appears to be shifting as both teams approach the post-season. In addition to beating the Blues, Minnesota has recently defeated Boston, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles. "Our confidence has been starting to grow game-by-game just by the way were playing, the way we come out every night," Brodziak said. "Were not getting down." NOTES: The Blues have been outscored 16-4 during their four-game slide. ... Wild D Christian Folin made his NHL debut and recorded an assist. ... Oshie hasnt scored a point since recording a hat trick against Minnesota on March 27. Cheap Replica Shoes China . When the next inning rolled around Wednesday, though, Nationals manager Matt Williams sent Strasburg to the mound to face the top of the Dodgers order in what would become a 3-2 victory for Washington, the first time this season the No. Wholesale China Shoes Free Shipping . Despite Barcelona showing the same vulnerability in defence, Messis best performance since returning from a lengthy injury layoff ensured that his side bounced back from a defeat by Valencia in the previous round. http://www.wholesaleshoes.us.org/. - Suspended Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon has voluntarily checked into a treatment facility and seems to be doing well. Cheap Shoes China Wholesale . A lovely summer day in England with abundant sunshine and minimal wind allowed him to attack Royal Liverpool. Wholesale Shoes 2020 . 3. Trevor Ariza left them talkin about 40. Ariza made eight 3-pointers and scored a career-high 40 points to help the Washington Wizards win their sixth straight game, 122-103 over Philadelphia on Saturday night.NEW YORK -- The only thing Jonathan Lucroy wished he would have done differently Thursday night was hit that home run sooner. On the eve of his 28th birthday, Lucroy hit a tiebreaking shot in a four-run 13th inning and the Milwaukee Brewers outlasted the New York Mets 5-1 after an unusual rain delay that lasted all of 3 minutes. "Believe me, I was trying to do it earlier than that," Lucroy said. "Sorry." Aramis Ramirez homered in the second inning to end a Brewers power drought and finished with three hits, helping the NL Central leaders take two of three in the series. Milwaukee (40-27) completed a 5-3 road trip with its 10th victory in 15 games overall, matching a season high at 13 games above .500. New York took advantage of an error by Gold Glove centre fielder Carlos Gomez to tie it in the fourth before Kyle Lohse and Jonathon Niese settled into a crisp pitchers duel. "I tried to get us out of there quick, but their guy wasnt co-operating," Lohse said. "He was mixing it up good. I was mixing it up good. We were flying for a little bit until we hit extra innings." The slumping Mets stranded seven runners from the ninth through the 11th and blew a bases-loaded opportunity with a chance to win. They lost for the eighth time in nine games and fell a season-worst eight games under .500 at 29-37. Ryan Braun was 0 for 5 with three strikeouts when he opened the 13th with an infield single off Carlos Torres (2-4). Lucroy, also hitless in five at-bats after beginning the night with a .341 batting average, drove a hanging curve to left field for his fifth home run. Mark Reynolds added an RBI single and Rickie Weeks was hit by Dana Evelands pitch with the bases loaded. Back in the dugout, a frustrated Torres wiped his face with a towel and punched himself repeatedly on both sides of the head. Zach Duke (4-0) tossed a perfect inning and Francisco Rodriguez finished in a non-save situation. "The way our guys threw tonight was awesome," Lucroy said. "It was a lot of fun to be a part of, although I wish we would have gotten done a little earlier." Mets closer Jenrry Mejia got two outs in the 10th, but a stiff back flared up as he was warming for the 11th and he left the game. Moments later, a sudden downpour halted play. Fans scurried for covver as umpires consulted the grounds crew -- and the radar on a smartphone -- near third base.dddddddddddd Players stayed in the dugout waiting for word and when the rain quickly lightened to a drizzle, the game resumed after only 3 minutes. "That was weird. I thought they were going to pull the tarp and bang it and have like a one-inning playoff next time when they come to our place," Lucroy said with a laugh. "Crazy night. Glad we could win and get out of here on a good note." Brewers reliever Brandon Kintzler escaped a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the 11th with the help of a five-man infield. Wilmer Flores grounded into a force at the plate before Anthony Recker struck out looking. Incensed by the call, Recker argued and was quickly ejected by plate umpire Angel Hernandez. "You cant get thrown out there," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "I understand his frustration and everything else, but hes got to know theres nobody left on that bench except one guy." With both starters working fast and throwing strikes, the first nine innings were played in a brisk 2 hours, 23 minutes. Lohse, who struggled in three previous starts at Citi Field, held the Mets to an unearned run in eight economical innings. Niese, meanwhile, gave New York another steady outing with nothing to show for it. The left-hander struck out a season-high eight in 7 2-3 innings. He has a 2.22 ERA over 28 1-3 innings in his last four games, all no-decisions. "I felt really good," Niese said. "I knew this is a tough-hitting team against lefties, so I kind of had to go away from how I normally pitch. I used my changeup a lot more." Ramirez hit a solo shot to left-centre for Milwaukees first home run in six games. The last time the Brewers went five games without a long ball was May 4-8, 2011, according to STATS. Lohse retired his first nine batters before Daniel Murphy lined a leadoff single in the fourth. The ball skipped past an indecisive Gomez, allowing Murphy to reach third on the two-base error. He scored easily on Bobby Abreus sacrifice fly. NOTES: Milwaukee is 13-6 at Citi Field. ... Ruben Tejada had made seven straight starts at shortstop for New York before Flores got the nod Thursday night. ... Murphy batted leadoff for the first time since May 26, 2013, according to STATS. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4197 topics and 4200 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen