prospect and a draft pick.

in camera talk Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:39 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

NORFOLK, Va. -- Plans were for a leisurely trip back to St. Johns, and then to spend the remainder of the week resting and watching from a distance while Providence and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton settle the issue of which team would be the opponent in the American Hockey League Eastern Conference final. But Andre Petersson scored a power-play goal from near the blue line at 13:10 of overtime Tuesday to give the Norfolk Admirals a 3-2 win over the IceCaps in Game 5 of their semifinal, and those plans-- beyond the trip home-- were scuttled for St. Johns. The IceCaps still lead the series 3-2, but Norfolk will be on the same plane and will play at St. Johns in Game 6 of the best-of-seven series on Friday. Game 7, if necessary, would be on Saturday. "We wanted to end it tonight," said St. Johns centre Eric ODell, who scored both of the IceCaps goals after scoring twice on Monday as well. His goal at 17:02 of the third period tied the game 2-2 to force the overtime. "It happens in playoff hockey," said ODell, who is with St. Johns because its affiliate Winnipeg did not make the NHL playoffs. He spent two months with the Jets, who sent him back when their season ended. "It will be nice to get the (fourth) win in front of the home crowd." Norfolk took a 2-1 lead in the opening seconds of the third period when 18-year-old Shea Theodore skated in on the St. Johns net, then put on enough speed to find a clear path and backhand a shot past goalie Michael Hutchinson. Theodore, a defenseman who played junior hockey for Seattle of the Western Hockey League after being Anaheims No. 1 choice in the 2013 draft, took a puck off the left-wing wall and skated in slowly. Theodore turned IceCaps defender Will ONeill around in the faceoff circle, accelerated and beat the defense to the right side of the crease before shooting. "I think I had one or two similar goals to that in junior," said Theodore. "I think instincts maybe sneaked in a little bit and I just got one past his blocker side. I think when I first got here, I would have panicked and shot the puck. I finally held it this time and a lane opened up." His goal broke a 1-1 tie fashioned in the opening period. After ODells first goal gave St. Johns an early 1-0 lead, Norfolk seemed to tie things with an apparent goal by Petersson at 16:01 of the opening period. But the goal was waved off because the Admirals were caught with an extra player on the ice and assessed a penalty. It was served by Zach Stortini, and Norfolk was taxed by a St. Johns power play, which was killed. The final blow to that man advantage came when Admiral winger Max Friberg tipped away a shot by Josh Morrissey, like Theodore, a high-scoring 18-year-old defenseman in the WHL, for Prince Albert. The loose puck slipped back toward centre ice, where Stortini left the penalty box in time to take it in and send it to Friberg, dashing down the ice. Fribergs shot from the right wing faceoff circle was stopped by Hutchinson but bounced high into the air and came down behind the goalie and skittered into the net to tie things 1-1 at 18:11. Thiessen made 36 saves while Hutchinson turned away 34-of-37 shots in defeat. So work remains for St. Johns. "Were real happy with two wins here," ODell said of victories in Games 3 and 4 in Norfolk after splitting two games in St. Johns. "Now well go back home and finish it there." Air Max Plus Scontate . His chance at winning a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia is over. Same with Jeff Carter. And Brian Boucher. Throw in Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo. Air Max Plus Ingrosso . The Swiss won on the fastest run-time tiebreaker after the four-racer teams tied 2-2. Wendy Holdener and Reto Schmidiger won their final heats against Julia Mancuso and Tim Jitloff, respectively. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/scarpe-...0-scontate.html. -- When the Los Angeles Kings are on top of their formidable defensive game, they revel in the silence they can create in a frustrated road arena. Scarpe Air Max Plus Scontate . After Andrew Romine served up two monster home runs in the inning, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he thought Romine was one of the bright spots on the night, showing just how bad the series opener against the last-place Minnesota Twins went for the Tigers. Scarpe Nike Air Max Scontate . Erik Logan, president of the network, said Friday that the postponement was made after meetings with the St. Louis Rams.The Toronto Maple Leafs are shopping for reinforcements. Leafs general manager Dave Nonis is searching for a forward, preferably a centreman, to help fill the void created by injuries to Dave Bolland and Tyler Bozak. While discussions on the trade front are increasing, the market for quality centres is always sketchy and the expected return often requires a premium package of a young roster player, top prospect and a draft pick. For the right player, the Maple Leafs might be willing to pay such a price, however, its more likely Toroonto uses its depth on the blueline or utilizes draft picks in a less significant trade to plug the holes.dddddddddddd The search has basically just begun and while the Leafs need help up front, in the meantime, head coach Randy Carlyle appears willing to be creative to fill the void, which explains James van Riemsdyk centering a line with Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul Monday in practice. Theres no sense of panic in Toronto, but, there is a keen interest in making a trade to help ease the strain. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen