there will be times I get on the

in camera talk Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:39 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Given an opportunity by the Twins, Chris Colabello is showing his gratitude by driving in runs at a record-setting pace. Colabellos four RBIs carried Minnesota to a 12-inning, 6-4 win over the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday night as the Twins 30-year-old designated hitter torrid streak. After homering for the second straight night and driving in the winning runs with a 12th-inning single, Colabello has a league-leading 26 RBIs, tying the franchise record for games before the end of April set by Kirby Puckett in 1994. The Twins have six games left this month. "RBIs are a product of opportunity, and Im thankful to this coaching staff for believing in me enough to put me in the middle of this order, and to the guys in front of me for getting on base," said Colabello, whos also set a club record for RBIs in the first 20 games, passing Mickey Vernon (1955) and Brant Alyea (1970). "My job is to knock them in, and it just so happens this month theres quite a few of them." Colabellos game-winning hit came off Josh Lueke (0-1) after hits by Joe Mauer and Trevor Plouffe. Casey Fien (1-0) got the win and Glen Perkins pitched the 12th inning for his fourth save. Colabello drove in Minnesotas first two runs with a fourth-inning home run off Rays starter Jake Odorizzi, his third homer of the season. "Its quite an honour when you start getting mixed in with names like that," Colabello said. "You start to realize how special this game is, how special the opportunity to be here is. Its certainly something Ill remember for a long time." Colabello drove in 17 runs in 55 games for the Twins last season, his first in the major leagues. "Thats a pretty special thing for a guy who, as he put it, played in beer leagues a couple years ago," said Twins manager Ron Gardenhire. "Hes made some adjustments and well see how long he can keep it going, but hes putting a lot of great swings out there, driving the baseball." Matt Joyce drove in the Rays first two runs with a ground ball in the first and a sacrifice fly in the third off Twins starter Mike Pelfrey. Pelfrey gave up six hits, three walks and three earned runs in five innings. Odorizzi pitched 3 1-3 innings, giving up four runs on five hits and striking out five, all consecutively. He gave up hits or walks to five straight Twins in the fourth, and left after Eduardo Escobars sacrifice fly gave the Twins a 3-2 lead. Sam Fuld, playing in his first game with the Twins, had two hits, including a single to right that put Minnesota up 4-2 in the fourth. Anthony Swarzak and Fien each pitched 2 1-3 scoreless innings of relief for the Twins. NOTES: Fuld, who played the last three seasons with the Rays, got a warm ovation when he came up to bat in the third inning. ... Twins RHP Matt Guerrier, coming back from right elbow surgery, has been promoted to Triple-A Rochester from Double-A New Britain. ... Minnesota OF Oswaldo Arcia, on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right wrist, could start a minor league rehab assignment next week. ... Minnesota RHP Ricky Nolasco (1-2) and Tampa Bay LHP Erik Bedard (0-0) are Thursdays scheduled starters. Authentic Shoes Wholesale . NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production. Trendy Wholesale Shoes . - A pitch clock will be used this season during minor league games at Triple-A and Double-A, but it has been ruled out for the major leagues this year. http://www.cheapshoes.us.org/. After making his All-Star debut in Fridays Rising Stars Challenge, the Raptors sophomore centre wont be sticking around for the duration of the weekends festivities, thinking about the big picture instead. Best Cheap Fake Shoes . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Cheap Fake Shoes Online . The trade deadline is Monday, Mar. 2 at 3pm et/Noon pt. TRADES COMPLETED SINCE OCT. 1, 2014: Feb. 15, 2015 Toronto Maple Leafs acquire: F Olli Jokinen, F Brendan Leipsic, 1st Round Pick (2015) Nashville Predators acquire: D Cody Franson, F Mike Santorelli Feb.Facing a diminished role with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Richie Hall took on the challenge of becoming the Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive co-ordinator.Hall served as Saskatchewans defensive co-ordinator the last four seasons. Saskatchewans defence allowed the fewest touchdowns in the CFL while recording the most interceptions to anchor the Riders Grey Cup run in 2013.But after Saskatchewan posted a 10-8 record last season, head coach Corey Chamblin said in December that Hall wouldnt continue as the Riders defensive co-ordinator.Chamblin indicated Hall would be offered another role within the organization. Instead, Hall accepted the task of rebuilding a Winnipeg defence that allowed a CFL-worst 135.9 yards rushing per game.As a player, in all my years of coaching, the emphasis has always been weve got to stop the run, Hall told reporters during a conference call. If youre able to control the run, youre able to control the line of scrimmage and everything starts up in the trenches.You have to be able to counter everything they do. If a team is able to run the ball effectively against you, it can dictate the flow of the game. Defensively, we want to be able to dictate the flow of the game.Hall, 54, a native of San Antonio, has spent all but two of his 20 years coaching in the CFL with Saskatchewans defence.Hall was Edmontons head coach in 2009 and 2010 before returning to Regina, where hed also won Grey Cups in 89 as a player and 07 as the defensive co-ordinator.Hall replaces Gary Etcheverry, who was fired after just one season overseeing Winnipegs defence. The Blue Bombers missed the playoffs with a 7-11 record under rookie head coach Mike OShea.Richie has always had a good plan, OShea said. Theres no time that hes entered the game without a good plan.His players always feel solid about the plan. Hes also got the ability to adjust. His knowledge of our game and of the opposition, the various co-ordinators in our game, theres nothing Richie hasnt seen or dealt with.With former Hamilton head coach Marcel Bellefeuille returning as offensive co-ordinator, OShea feels well supported by the experience of his two assistants.ddddddddddddI say this to the coaching staff when we first get together If you see me tripping, catch me, OShea said. There are mistakes that are going to be made and its up to all of us to make sure that we dont make those mistakes and they dont cost us games.First-year starter Drew Willy, the CFLs third-ranked passer with 3,769 yards, gave Winnipegs offence credibility and the defence did finish the season ranked second against the pass. But only expansion Ottawa (37) had fewer sacks than the Bombers (43), who also allowed a CFL-high 481 points.Chamblin told reporters in Regina last month he took over Saskatchewans defence for the West Division semifinal against Edmonton, a game the Riders lost 18-10 despite not allowing an offensive touchdown.OShea, a former all-star linebacker, insisted Hall would have freedom to implement his defensive packages with the Blue Bombers.One of the things I firmly believe in is you hire men youre going to trust and let them coach, he said. I wont be sticking my fingers in to upset the apple cart. Richie is going to have his systems. Hes going to put the time in to come up with a great plan.As head coach, he and I are going to talk about that plan before the game. Ill have input and there will be times I get on the headset and Ill talk about the flow of the game and what Id like to see. My preference is always to let the coaches coach. Thats what I hired him for.Hall was a CFL all-star as a defensive back in the 1980s with both Calgary and Saskatchewan. He says hell commute for now between Winnipeg and Regina, where his wife, Helen, is employed.After so many years of wearing green and white, Hall acknowledged it will be an adjustment wearing different colours on what was once an enemy football field.I think its going to be strange but you also understand its football, he said. You become committed to the jersey you put on.Thats the life of a coach, thats the life of a professional athlete. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen