The Raptors, who are

in camera talk Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:00 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

HOUSTON -- Case Keenum, who hasnt played in a meaningful game since he was in college back in January 2012, will start at quarterback for the Houston Texans this Sunday in one of the tougher environments in the NFL. Keenum will make his first appearance in a regular-season game against the rugged defence of the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, where the fans just set a Guinness record as the noisiest outdoor stadium in the world. So be it: Keenum will start for Matt Schaub, who is out dealing with injuries to his right ankle and foot, and will try to help the Houston Texans snap a four-game losing streak. "Were struggling, and were looking for a spark," coach Gary Kubiak said. "I think he deserves an opportunity to go out there. Its a tough place to play. Its a tough place to get your first start and all that good stuff. But Im not sending him out there by himself. Im sending him out there with his football team and the guys understand that." Keenum was a record-setting quarterback at the University of Houston before spending last season on the practice squad. The undrafted free agent has played in several preseason games, but hasnt played in a game that counted since leading the Cougars to a 30-14 win over Penn State in the TicketCity Bowl on Jan. 2, 2012. Keenum said he prepares for practice and preseason games the same way he got ready for games in his college career, so nothing will change for him this week. "It means just as much to me every rep I take, but obviously the games are definitely different," he said. "I guess I can officially say this is the best NFL defence Ive ever played, so this is going to be a big test." The Texans (2-4) have been hurt by penalties, turnovers and other mistakes during their skid. Kubiak chose to go with Keenum over backup T.J. Yates, who led Houston to its first playoff win two years ago when Schaub was hurt. He struggled Sunday after Schaub was injured, throwing two interceptions, the first of which was returned for a touchdown. Now theyll look to Keenum to help them get back on track. He isnt daunted by the challenge and is used to being the underdog. He said that people have doubted him his entire life. "Ive had a lot of people tell me I cant do a lot of things. Im too short or this or that, but you cant believe a lot of that stuff," said the 6-foot-1 Keenum. "You just have to be given an opportunity and you have to be ready when you get that opportunity." Keenum joked about his height several times on Thursday, but the best quip came when he was asked if its difficult to see over the much taller defensive linemen in the NFL. "Its different, but my receivers are taller so I can see them -- and theyre faster," he said. "Ive tried to grow, but I think Im done." In college, Keenum tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in the third game of the 2010 season. Houston appealed for a medical redshirt and Keenum was granted one more season to take aim at the NCAAs career passing records with the teams ultra-quick offence. He led the Cougars to a 12-0 start in 2011 before a loss in the Conference USA championship game. He left Houston as the NCAAs all-time leader in career total yards (20,114), yards passing (19,217), passing touchdowns (155) and total touchdowns (178). Now hell face a defence which is allowing a NFL-best 10.8 points a game, leads the league with 30 sacks and has forced 12 more turnovers this season than their opponents, which also tops the league. "We just want him to go out there and react," Kubiak said. "Thats the reason hes on this team because of what hes capable of doing when he gets in those situations. Hell get ready to do his part and everybody needs to do theirs." Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin, who coached Keenum at the University of Houston, said he Keenum will be "extremely prepared" and that he expects him to play well on Sunday. Keenums teammates also expressed confidence in him on Thursday. Receiver Andre Johnson raved about the quarterback. "Case just has sort of like an aura about him," Johnson said. "When hes out there, hes real excited, having fun." Site Air Max Pas Cher Fiable . "Win basketball games," Collins said. He will get at least a few more chances. Collins played the final minutes of a winning home debut with the Brooklyn Nets, who cooled off the Chicago Bulls with a 96-80 victory Monday night. Basket Air Max 720 Pas Cher .J. - Henrik Lundqvist has done more than set a couple of franchise records for the New York Rangers this week. http://www.airmaxpaschersite.fr/basket-a...outlet.html.com) - Chris Kreider tallied a goal and an assist as the New York Rangers capped a successful California road trip with a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday. Air Max 97 Moins Cher . - Mike Magee converted two penalty kicks in a 10-minute span of the first half and the Chicago Fire beat Sporting Kansas City 2-1 on Sunday. Air Max 720 Moins Cher . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie.The Toronto Raptors are brimming with confidence thanks to the best start in club history. The Phoenix Suns are also feeling good about themselves as they look to wrap up a long trip on a winning note. One of these high-scoring teams will have its four-game win streak snapped Monday night in this matchup of franchises on the rise. You can catch all of the action tonight at 7pm et/4pm et on TSN2. Two seasons ago, both these clubs finished in last place in their respective divisions. Now Toronto (11-2) is atop the Eastern Conference while Phoenix (9-5) is playing well in the highly competitive West. The Raptors made a statement by rallying from 18 down to win 110-93 at Cleveland on Saturday. They went to the foul line 42 times and are averaging an East-leading 30.0 attempts per game. Coach Dwane Casey is doing his best to make sure his players stay grounded. One day youre the statue, the next day youre the pigeon, he said. I havent heard one person in our locker room talk about where we are in the standings. Phoenix seeks its first five-game road win streak since Feb. 7-28, 2011. The Suns are 4-1 on this six-game trip after winning 122-96 over Philadelphia on Friday and 106-83 over Indiana the next night. Were getting a little bit of a rhythm, coach Jeff Hornacek said. Its something about being on the road. These guys have come together and everybody is contributing. The Raptors are averaging an East-leading 106.9 points and the Suns are not far beehind at 105.dddddddddddd3. Toronto has five players averaging at least 10 points and Phoenix has six, with its bench averaging a league-best 46.5 points. Both teams got big lifts from a reserve in their Saturday wins. Gerald Green scored a game-high 23, raising his average to 14.2 to rank among the leader leaders among reserves. Just because you win four games in a row doesnt mean youre guaranteed to make the playoffs so were just trying to use this to build on, Green said. Not far behind him among the NBAs top bench players is Lou Williams, averaging 13.4 points. Williams scored a career-high 36 against the Cavaliers, also marking the most points by a reserve on any team this season. Just playing with confidence, making shots early on, Williams said. I think my teammates did a great job once they saw that I had the hot hand, they kept coming to me, just created a spark off the bench. The Raptors, who are 3-0 against West foes, are tied for the NBAs second-best home record at 8-1. I cant say enough about our fans, we have the best in the league, Casey said. Our guys know it, you can feel it. Phoenix has won 12 of its last 13 road games against East opponents, including all four contests this season. The Suns have captured eight of their last nine visits to Toronto. Markieff Morris totaled 41 points and 25 rebounds and shot 65.4 percent last season as Phoenix swept both meetings. The Suns bench outscored the Raptors reserves 106-46. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen