That crash came one day after

in second hand Camera Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:24 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

Annika Sorenstam feels the time is now right for her to lead Team Europe at the Solheim Cup. The Ladies European Tour (LET) announced last week that Sorenstam will step up from her role as vice-captain to captain Europe at next years tournament at the De Moines Golf Club in Iowa.Im extremely excited but Im honoured as well, Sorenstam told Sky Sports News HQ.Its a kind of a dream come true. I hoped this would happen and it did.Sorenstam racked up 72 LPGA Tour wins and 10 major championship victories as a player and was part of two Solheim Cup winning sides, in 2000 and 2003.Ive played in eight of them (Solheim Cup tournaments) and I still wanted to be involved in the game but I wasnt ready to put in the time and the commitment that it takes, she said. USA won the Solheim Cup at St Leon-Rot in Germany last year Its a lot of work and I just wasnt ready with a young family and my businesses but fast forward six years and here I am. My kids are a little bigger and I am ready and I want to do this now.Sorenstams record of winning 22 Solheim Cup matches has been equalled only by Britains Laura Davies, and she thinks the Swede is the ideal candidate to lead Europe into the next tournament.Davies said: I think its great news for us, especially playing in America, because shes lived a lot of her life over there and she obviously brings massive experience. Laura Davies thinks Sorenstam is a good candidate for the captaincy Shell get the team together. Shes got a year and a half to worry about it and think about it and shell do a very professional job.I think it will all be very regimented - that is Annikas way. That is how she played her career as a player and I dont see any reason why that would be any different as a captain. Also See: Ko claims major title Zuel: Hull comfortable Sorenstams record tough Golf live on Sky Nike Air Max Classic Bw Scontate . 31-Feb. 2. While organizers havent decided if itll be red or green clay, they feel their choice of surface will give the Americans an advantage over Britain, which is expected to be led by defending Wimbledon champion Andy Murray. Air Max Scontate . Nat Borchers headed in the sole goal in the 54th minute, getting on the end of a Kyle Beckerman free kick. The defeat cost Sporting top spot in the Eastern Conference. Even a draw would have moved the Kansas City club above Columbus. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/scarpe-...0-scontate.html. Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Air Max Italia . JOHNS, N. Air Max 720 Scontate Uomo . "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately.TAUPLITZ, Austria -- Three-time Olympic ski jump champion Thomas Morgenstern of Austria suffered skull injuries and a bruised lung in a ski flying crash on Friday, 30 days before the opening event at the Sochi Games. The Austrian ski federation said Morgenstern was "conscious and well responsive" and his condition would be monitored in the intensive care unit of a Salzburg hospital for the next 72 hours. The federation said it was "way too early" to judge Morgensterns chances of competing in Sochi, and that an update on his condition was not expected before Monday. The individual competition on the normal hill in Sochi is scheduled for Feb. 8, with the large hill on Feb. 15 and the team event on Feb. 17. Morgenstern won Olympic gold in the individual competition and the team event in 2006, and again in the team event four years later. Morgensterns injuries were not life-threatening, head of clinic Josef Obrist told the Austria Press Agency. "He has a serious injury and he has to be monitored fulltime," said Obrist, adding that Morgenstern was responsive and gave clear answers. The 27-year-old Morgenstern crashed while training for this weekends ski flying World Cup. During his second jump of the day, he lost his balance in the air, turned over to the left and landed on his back and head. He briefly lost consciousness but was able to speak shortly afterward. "Fortunately he was responsive, Thomas can move arms aand legs.dddddddddddd Thats very important," team physician Herbert Leitner said. "He asked me what happened." Morgenstern received first aid on the hill and was flown by helicopter to the hospital, head coach Alexander Pointner said. "We can only hope for the best," Pointner said. "This really hurts because we are all very close. Thomas is the heart of this team." Earlier Friday, Morgenstern jumped 196.5 metres in his flawless first training run on the Kulm, one of the five largest ski flying hills in the world. His second attempt was disturbed as his skis made contact in the air, the federations sport director, Ernst Vettori, said. "He didnt make a mistake at his jump but the ends of his skis touched each other which threw him offline," said Vettori, a 1992 Olympic ski jump champion. Its the second big crash for Morgenstern in the Olympic season. He crashed into the snow following a jump at the World Cup in Titisee-Neustadt, Germany, on Dec. 15. That crash came one day after Morgenstern had won his first World Cup event in almost two years. He suffered several bruises, face cuts and a broken finger from that mishap, but recovered quickly and finished runner-up to Austrian teammate Thomas Diethart in the Four Hills Tour last week. Morgenstern, who has won 23 individual World Cup events and took the overall title in 2008 and 2011, won the prestigious Four Hills title three years ago. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen