Jets owner Woody Johnson

in camera talk Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:15 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. After three-time reigning mens titlist Novak Djokovic lost here on Tuesday, fifth-seeded Pole Agnieszka Radwanska took down two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka 6-1, 5-7, 6-0 on Wednesday to set up a semifinal match with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia. "Im so happy and pleased, especially that I beat one of the best players in the world," Radwanska said. "Was not easy draw, not easy quarterfinal. Im very happy that I made my first semifinal here." The second-seeded Azarenkas 18-match winning streak in Melbourne came to a halt on Day 10. She was trying to become the first woman to win the singles title here in three consecutive years, or since Martina Hingis turned the trick from 1997-99. Radwanska, who ended a streak of three consecutive quarterfinal defeats at the Aussie Open, committed just 15 unforced errors compared to 47 for Azarenka. "She was aggressive. She was making everything. She was guessing right. I was just playing a little bit too predictive, you know," Azarenka said. Azarenka had been a dominant 12-3 lifetime against her fellow 24-year-old Radwanska, including a come-from-behind Aussie quarterfinal victory two years ago. Meanwhile, the 20th-seeded Cibulkova cruised past 11th-seeded Romanian Simona Halep 6-3, 6-0 in a match that lasted just 60 minutes to secure her spot in the final four. The 24-year-old Cibulkova, who stunned No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round on Monday, is the first woman from Slovakia to reach the Aussie Open semis since Daniela Hantuchova in 2008. The diminutive Cibulkova improved to 2-3 in quarterfinal matches at Grand Slams, with her other win coming at the 2009 French Open. "That time I was 19 years old. I was pretty young. I would say also a different player. You know, I am much more experienced," Cibulkova said. Halep, who upended former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic in the fourth round, appeared overwhelmed in her Grand Slam quarterfinal debut. "No, just I couldnt play today. I had emotions, big emotions, and I couldnt manage this," she said. "Before the match I was very nervous and I didnt feel the ball at all. I couldnt move my body and I couldnt play." Fourth-seeded Chinese star Li Na and 30th-seeded blossoming 19-year- old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard will meet in the other semifinal on Thursday. The former French Open champion Li is a two-time runner-up at Melbourne Park, including last year against Azarenka. Cheap Air Max 200 .com) - Manchester City will face a steep test in the Champions League knockout stage as the English champions were drawn with Barcelona on Monday. Air Max 90 Wholesale Cheap . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil. http://www.fakeairmaxukoutlet.com/best-m...s-cheap-uk.html. -- Augusta James of Bath, Ont. Cheap Nike Tn Trainers Uk . First, Ivan Nova decided to have season-ending Tommy John elbow surgery. Then Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games for using pine tar. Fake Air Max For Sale . Pominville scored in all three of Minnesotas games last week to help the Wild (8-4-3, 19 points) earn four out of a possible six points. His best performance was in a 4-3 win over Montreal on Friday, where he posted a season-high three points (two goals, one assist), including the game-winning goal.Florham Park, NJ (SportsNetwork.com) - A new era of New York Jets football began on Wednesday. The franchise formally introduced new general manager Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles. Bowles comes to New York having spent the last two seasons as the Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator, while Maccagnan was an executive with the Houston Texans. Jets owner Woody Johnson called Bowles a natural leader at the introductory news conference. New York fired former GM John Idzik and head coach Rex Ryan on Dec. 29 followwing a 4-12 season.dddddddddddd. Ryan was eventually hired as head coach of the Buffalo Bills. Going forward, were going to be a tough team, were going to be an intelligent team. Were going to do things the right way, said Bowles. Neither Bowles nor Maccagnan had anything noteworthy to say about the teams current roster. Todd and I really have to sit down and review the roster ourselves, said Maccagnan. I do think theres a good foundation in place. The Jets have missed the playoffs four straight seasons. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen