running back Mike Goodson, coming

in camera talk Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:09 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

LAKE MARY, Florida - In its first action of the preseason, the Montreal Impact defeated Orlando City SC 2-1 on Sunday, at the Seminole Soccer Complex. Midfielder Andres Romero and newcomer Santiago Gonzalez scored for the Impact in the win. The Impact used two completely different lineups in each half, with the only constant being goalkeeper Maxime Crépeau who played the full 90 minutes. After a tougher first half, the Impact progressed in the second, creating a number of scoring chances. In the 56th minute, Romero, playing down the left flank, put a through ball behind the Orlando defence that found Marco Di Vaio. The Italian striker flicked the ball into the box to Gonzalez, who took one touch to the right before beating the keeper with a low shot back in the opposite direction. Orlando tied things up in the 66th minute, but a minute later, the Impact found the back of the net yet again. This time, Sanna Nyassi broke in alone on goal, chasing the ball deep near the goal line after it got away from him. He played it back outside the box to Romero, who curled it into the top corner. "Playing a game like this to get things started is good because we get to shake out all the cobwebs," said defender Karl W. Ouimette. "The second half was a little better and we need to use games like this to get back into the rhythm. Now we continue to work." "It was not easy for the group today but it was good to get out there," said defender Eric Miller. The Impact will play its first game of the Disney Soccer Classic on Wednesday, February 19, at 8pm, against Fluminense U23 FC. Soccer Jerseys China . After making his All-Star debut in Fridays Rising Stars Challenge, the Raptors sophomore centre wont be sticking around for the duration of the weekends festivities, thinking about the big picture instead. Clearance Soccer Jerseys . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/. Then again, he really was at his home away from home. "It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night," Shields said after pitching Kansas City past the San Diego Padres 8-0 Wednesday. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys .K. Subban and Matt Duchene will be the two skaters sitting out the teams opening game. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China . The 23-year-old Poland international is back as first choice at Arsenal after losing his regular spot in the team on occasions over the last three seasons.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - New York Jets cornerback Dee Milliner sat out practice Wednesday with tightness in his left hamstring, and is not sure when he will return to the field. The practice, the teams fifth organized team activity session, was the first Milliner has missed this off-season after experiencing symptoms earlier in the week. "Its just precautionary," Milliner said. "I feel fine." Milliner, in his second season, had a rough start to his rookie year while dealing with hamstring issues early. He is expected to take over this season for Antonio Cromartie as the teams No. 1 cornerback, making this latest injury — however minor — cause at least some concern for the Jets. "He has to understand that hes got to be in extraordinary shape," coach Rex Ryan said. "His challenge will be to be in world-class shape because weve got to have you out there. He needs to be out there and he needs to get work, because thats how hes going get better." Ryan said Milliner, the No. 9 overall pick last year, had been having a good off-season before this setback. The coach was encouraged by Milliners progress last season, particularly in the final month. "You saw it as the year went on last year, he got better because of the work on the practice field and in the classroom," Ryan said. "He was taking off from there, and you dont want to see this happen. Hes got to step it up, because I think hes got all the talent in the world." Milliner, who stood on the sideline during team drills, acknowledged that theres a bit of frrustration not being able to participate.dddddddddddd "It bothers me because I want to be out there on the field with my teammates getting better during OTAs," he said. "In another way, its fine because I know (Im not) injured or hurt that bad." Wide receiver Eric Decker also was among those who did not participate. He is in Nashville with wife and recording artist Jessie James for the CMT Music Awards, at which they will be presenters. Ryan had no issue with the teams top receiver not being at the voluntary workouts. "Well, speaking as a married guy, (I) absolutely recommend that you would go to that," a smiling Ryan said. "So that would be recommended, I think. You know, you ask for their support, you need to support them, too." Meanwhile, running back Mike Goodson, coming off a knee injury and facing legal troubles, has yet to show for any of the teams OTAs. Ryan again stressed that the practice sessions are voluntary, but added: "He volunteered not to be here, and Ill volunteer to not answer the question." Goodson roster status is in serious doubt, aside from facing weapons charges. The Jets also have Chris Ivory, Chris Johnson, Bilal Powell, Alex Green and Daryl Richardson at the position. And, the team isnt quite certain how much Goodson has been able to do in his rehabilitation from the injury. "Im not going to speculate because hes not here and I dont know where he is," Ryan said about Goodsons rehab. "We havent seen him, so I cant answer that question." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen