stop their offense

in camera talk Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

David Moyes and Malky Mackay have both put their names forward in connection with managing Celtic, should either be approached in the future. The former Celtic defenders are both unemployed and are taking their time over returning to management roles.Celtic are currently chasing a league and Scottish Cup double under current boss Ronny Deila, who picked up two of the three available domestic trophies last season. But a poor Europa League campaign on the back of Celtics failure to qualify for the Champions League has put Deila under extra pressure this season.Deilas future is a constant topic of discussion in the media, and two Scottish broadcasters again raised the subject on Tuesday. David Moyes in action for Celtic in 1980 Moyes was asked by a regional broadcaster if he would consider a return to the Hoops, and the former Preston, Everton, Manchester United and Real Sociedad boss hinted that only financial restrictions would be a stumbling block.Everybody knows my time at Celtic was great. I was a young player and played with great players at Celtic. Celtics been a great love of mine, Moyes said.Who knows, who knows, I would never say never but obviously Ive got ambitions to win things.Id want to be at a club that would give me every chance to win and be involved in the Champions League and be at the top level.Im saying this with total respect but I dont think the Celtic squad is good enough to reach the levels that they want. Thats a no-brainer if you ask me. Former Celtic defender Malky Mackay playing for the team in 1998 Meanwhile, Mackay informed Scotlands national radio broadcaster that managing Celtic would be his dream job, should the former Cardiff boss ever be given the opportunity.Of course it is, Mackay said. Its a fabulous club. But Im loathe to talk about specific clubs, particularly when managers are in place, because it happened to me.Its not nice when you hear vultures touting for your job. That has a lack of class. Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Bet £5 get £20 free Wholesale Air Jordan . Granada goalkeeper Roberto Fernandez saved Morenos first two headers from corner kicks taken by Sergio Garcia, but the defender beat him on his third try after Garcia found Moreno unmarked at the near post in the 78th minute. Air Jordan Discount . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said. https://www.jordanchina.us/. -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. Jordan China .C. -- The Edmonton Oilers used a late-power-play goal to get a hard-fought road victory. Cheap Jordan From China . The White Sox said Wednesday they acquired left-handed pitching prospect Sean Bierman and infielder Ben Kline, who both played at Class A this season. The White Sox dealt Crain to Tampa Bay on July 29.(SportsNetwork.com) - The harshest of Johnny Manziels critics didnt think it would be this bad. The lightning rod that is Johnny Football was an abject mess in his first NFL start, completing 10-of-18 for 80 yards with two first-half interceptions as Clevelands playoff hopes nosedived in a similar trajectory to Manziels stock with a 30-0 setback to the AFC North-leading Cincinnati Bengals. There were flashes but they were brief, Browns coach Mike Pettine said in a laughably kind review of Manziels performance. Seemingly every Bengals defender got a chance to flash the former Heisman Trophy winners signature money-sign celebration to the FirstEnergy Stadium crowd, essentially mocking Manziel for his inability to get anything done offensively. Of course, he kind of brought that on himself, Bengals defensive end Wallace Gilberry quipped. The Browns made the switch from the limited Brian Hoyer to Manziel to provide a spark in an effort to keep their fading playoff hopes alive. However, that spark was never fanned. In his first 30 minutes, Manziel was 4-for-9 for 22 yards and a 12.0 passer rating and things never really turned around as Cleveland, which has lost three in a row, totaled 107 yards of total offense and had six three-and-outs. I saw the field fine today, but when it came down to it, I just need to throw the ball and let it rip, and I didnt do a very good job of that, Manziel understated. About the only positive you could take from Manziels performance was the fact he didnt make any excuses. Nobody wants to win (in the locker room) more than I do, and its tough to come out there and lay an egg like that, Manziel said. Im not using the rookie excuse. I needed to play better. Taking accountability was a first step but anyone who was surprised this happened to Manziel wasnt paying attention in the offseason. The disastrous debut already took place in the summer months, and this was just the next logical step in what has been a terrible rookie season for him. If you really want to know just how bad Manziels first few months as a pro went consider this, at least two organizations trying to pump up their own young quarterbacks coined the term anti-Manziel to describe them. Sources close to both the Eagles and Vikings used it to trumpet Nick Foles understated leadership style, as well as Teddy Bridgewaters willingness to work before the campaign began. The Browns, meanwhile, watched as their young QB jetted off to Hollywood, Sin City or the Lone Star State every time he had a free moment. The knock on Johnny from those close to Texas A&M was always his work ethic, with far too many whispering that he showed up on Saturdays content to let his athletic ability spell the difference. And too often it did. A lot of observers harp on Manziels perceived sense of entitlement, and its an issue but not for the reason you may think. The fact that Manziels family is well off is inconsequential, the entitlement that hurts the rookie is his previous success with the Aggies. Manziel assumed the NFL was going to be just as easy as college and no matter how many people got in his ear, he laughed it off. After all, he had heard the same narrative at Texas A&M and it wasnt true. The wake-up call came Sunday. Alabama may be a big deal, but its not the Cincinnati Bengals. All week everybody wanted to make the game about (Manziel), Gilberry said. We just took that out and focused on what we do. We were able to come out and put on a pretty good show. Everything was about Manziel all week, linebacker Rey Maualuga, who was penalized for taunting Manziel at one point, added. We just focused on us. We focused on what we needed to do to stop the kid and stop their offense. Manziel was inaccurate, looked painfully slow against NFL defenders, and his mechanics were as sloppy as advertised. He didnt play well. He looked like a rookie, played like a rookie, Pettine admitted. I know a lot of it was we didnt play well around him, but he made some obvious mistakes that typically a veteran quarterback wont make. I never felt overwhelmed out there, Manziel countered. It was never too difficult. Unless Manziel accepts its going to be difficult moving forward, hes in deep trouble. This is the tip of the iceberg, Manziel claimed. This organization drafted me, and I think going into it I even knew one bad start, Im not going to be written off forever. BC-ABN;MCMULLEN-COLUMN-CLE-CIN === Extra Poiints: Manziel fails first test === By John McMullen, NFL Editor (SportsNetwork.ddddddddddddom) - The harshest of Johnny Manziels critics didnt think it would be this bad. The lightning rod that is Johnny Football was an abject mess in his first NFL start, completing 10-of-18 for 80 yards with two first-half interceptions as Clevelands playoff hopes nosedived in a similar trajectory to Manziels stock with a 30-0 setback to the AFC North-leading Cincinnati Bengals. There were flashes but they were brief, Browns coach Mike Pettine said in a laughably kind review of Manziels performance. Seemingly every Bengals defender got a chance to flash the former Heisman Trophy winners signature money-sign celebration to the FirstEnergy Stadium crowd, essentially mocking Manziel for his inability to get anything done offensively. Of course, he kind of brought that on himself, Bengals defensive end Wallace Gilberry quipped. The Browns made the switch from the limited Brian Hoyer to Manziel to provide a spark in an effort to keep their fading playoff hopes alive. However, that spark was never fanned. In his first 30 minutes, Manziel was 4-for-9 for 22 yards and a 12.0 passer rating and things never really turned around as Cleveland, which has lost three in a row, totaled 107 yards of total offense and had six three-and-outs. I saw the field fine today, but when it came down to it, I just need to throw the ball and let it rip, and I didnt do a very good job of that, Manziel understated. About the only positive you could take from Manziels performance was the fact he didnt make any excuses. Nobody wants to win (in the locker room) more than I do, and its tough to come out there and lay an egg like that, Manziel said. Im not using the rookie excuse. I needed to play better. Taking accountability was a first step but anyone who was surprised this happened to Manziel wasnt paying attention in the offseason. The disastrous debut already took place in the summer months, and this was just the next logical step in what has been a terrible rookie season for him. If you really want to know just how bad Manziels first few months as a pro went consider this, at least two organizations trying to pump up their own young quarterbacks coined the term anti-Manziel to describe them. Sources close to both the Eagles and Vikings used it to trumpet Nick Foles understated leadership style, as well as Teddy Bridgewaters willingness to work before the campaign began. The Browns, meanwhile, watched as their young QB jetted off to Hollywood, Sin City or the Lone Star State every time he had a free moment. The knock on Johnny from those close to Texas A&M was always his work ethic, with far too many whispering that he showed up on Saturdays content to let his athletic ability spell the difference. And too often it did. A lot of observers harp on Manziels perceived sense of entitlement, and its an issue but not for the reason you may think. The fact that Manziels family is well off is inconsequential, the entitlement that hurts the rookie is his previous success with the Aggies. Manziel assumed the NFL was going to be just as easy as college and no matter how many people got in his ear, he laughed it off. After all, he had heard the same narrative at Texas A&M and it wasnt true. The wake-up call came Sunday. Alabama may be a big deal, but its not the Cincinnati Bengals. All week everybody wanted to make the game about (Manziel), Gilberry said. We just took that out and focused on what we do. We were able to come out and put on a pretty good show. Everything was about Manziel all week, linebacker Rey Maualuga, who was penalized for taunting Manziel at one point, added. We just focused on us. We focused on what we needed to do to stop the kid and stop their offense. Manziel was inaccurate, looked painfully slow against NFL defenders, and his mec He didnt play well. He looked like a rookie, played like a rookie, Pettine admitted. I know a lot of it was we didnt play well around him, but he made some obvious mistakes that typically a veteran quarterback wont make. I never felt overwhelmed out there, Manziel countered. It was never too difficult. Unless Manziel accepts its going to be difficult moving forward, hes in deep trouble. This is the tip of the iceberg, Manziel claimed. This organization drafted me, and I think going into it I even knew one bad start, Im not going to be written off forever. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen