while Andrei Markov and

in camera talk Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:12 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

TAMPA, Fla. -- A month after being inducted into pro footballs Hall of Fame, Derrick Brooks will become the newest member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ring of Honor. The team formally announced Tuesday that the nine-time All-Pro linebacker who led the Bucs to their only Super Bowl title 11 seasons ago will also have his No. 55 jersey retired during a ceremony at halftime of a home game against the St. Louis Rams on Sept. 14. Brooks was the 28th player selected in the 1995 NFL draft and teamed with Tampa Bays other first-round pick that year -- Hall of Famer Warren Sapp -- to form the foundation of a dominant defence that helped transform a struggling franchise once jokingly called the "Yucs" into a perennial playoff contender. "If Warren was the heart of our defence, then todays inductee, Derrick Brooks, was the soul that propelled us to our world championship in 2002," Bucs co-chairman Bryan Glazer said. "On any given Sunday, Derrick easily was the best athlete on the field," Glazer added. "There was no tight end he could not cover, no quarterback he could not chase down for a sack and no running back he could not tackle in the open field." Brooks, wholl enter the pro football Hall of Fame in August, joins Lee Roy Selmon, John McKay, Jimmie Giles, Paul Gruber and Sapp in having his name displayed in the Ring of Honor, which was created in 2009 at Raymond James Stadium. Selmon, elected to the Hall of Fame in 1995, and Sapp, enshrined in Canton a year ago, are the only other players to have their jerseys retired by the Buccaneers. The 11-time Pro Bowl selection recalled Tuesday how when Tony Dungy arrived in Tampa in 1996 -- Brooks second pro season -- the former Bucs coach challenged him and Sapp to become the best players they could be by striving to do for Tampa Bay what eventual Hall of Famers Joe Greene and Jack Ham did for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1970s. "We took it to heart," Brooks said, adding that someone had suggested to him that the Bucs decision to induct him into the Ring of Honor was one of "worst-kept" secrets in town because it comes the same year he joined Sapp as a first-ballot Hall of Famer. "I dont look at it that way. As I told Mr. Glazer, you dont take anything for granted. You dont make any assumptions," Brooks said. "Today is a very important day in my life. To have my number retired is extremely special, too." Brooks didnt miss a game in 14 pro seasons, ending his career with a stretch of 208 consecutive regular-season starts, tied for the 10th-longest streak in NFL history, His 10 consecutive Pro Bowl berths from 1997 to 2007 tied for the second-longest by a linebacker in league history. Discount MLB Jerseys .com) - Longtime Senators star Daniel Alfredsson returned to Ottawa on Thursday to officially announce his retirement. Clearance MLB Jerseys . Rockhold." Known as an aggressive striker, Belfort (23-10) instead paced himself as the engaged in the early going and showed restraint by not overcommitting against the larger Rockhold (10-2). But when the opportunity presented itself, Belfort delivered an incredible spinning heel kick that landed flush on Rockholds chin and sent him toppling to the floor. https://www.mlbjerseyschina.us/. Beckham says "nothing has been confirmed yet, but its something I am very excited about." He adds that "Miami is something that really excites me because there is a great energy down there. Fake Nike MLB Jerseys . Adam LaRoche will take that. "I like our position in the standings and I like how our team is playing," LaRoche said after Washington swept a day-night doubleheader from the Cubs on Saturday. Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Carolina Hurricanes expect to have forward Jordan Staal in the lineup for the first time this season on Monday evening as they take on the Montreal Canadiens. Staal has missed the Hurricanes first 35 games after suffering a broken right fibula in the clubs second preseason game. He finally returned to the ice in early December and Carolina coach Bill Peters said on Sunday that he would be shocked if Staal did not play tonight. The 26-year-old Staal is set to finally kick off his third campaign with the Hurricanes since being acquired from the Pittsburgh Penguins and he posted 15 goals with 25 assists in 82 games last season. The first bit is always tough, watching your team when youre out, especially right at the beginning of the season when you dont get in a game, Staal said on Carolinas website. The initial shock sucks, but then its just putting your mind to getting back and focusing on that. Carolinas offense could certainly use the former first-round pick as the club ranks 29th out of 30 teams with just 2.00 goals per game. The Hurricanes have scored more than two goals only once in their last 13 games, so it comes as no surprise that they have lost nine of 11. The Canes were held under that mark again on Saturday, losing 2-1 to the Tampa Bay Lightning. Andrej Sekera had the goal and Cam Ward took another tough-luck loss despite 36 saves. You have too score to win and we just having a hard time generating enough offense to win, Carolina forward Eric Staal said.dddddddddddd Against good teams its that one play or one goal that you need. For us, its tough finding that. Ward has a solid 2.42 goals against average and .913 save percentage in 24 games this season, but is just 9-13-2. He is 15-9-3 in his career versus Montreal with a 2.80 GAA and .910 save percentage. The Canadiens play the second of five straight on the road tonight and are in action for the first time since a 3-1 win over the New York Islanders last Tuesday. Carey Price ended with 37 saves, while Andrei Markov and Brendan Gallagher had second-period goals to erase a slow start for the club. David Desharnais added a third-period marker to seal the outcome. We didnt change anything system-wise, said Gallagher. I think we just started competing better. Markov, playing in his 800th career game, extended his point streak to five straight games while helping lead the Habs to their fifth victory in six games. The defenseman has a pair of goals and four assists over his run. Montreal will visit the Florida Panthers on Tuesday and Price is expected to start tonight. He is 11-5-2 with a 2.27 GAA and .930 save percentage in his career versus Carolina. The Canadiens have won three straight over the Hurricanes and are 6-0-1 in the previous seven meetings. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen