The start of the season, thats all Im trying

in places to be! Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:24 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

MUNICH, Germany -- Germany captain Philipp Lahm and goalkeeper Manuel Neuer will be fit in time for the World Cup despite sustaining injuries in the German Cup final, Bayern Munich said Monday. Neuer finished the match with a right-shoulder injury. Lahm was substituted after injuring his left ankle. Both were examined Monday by Bayerns doctor. Bayern said their World Cup was not in jeopardy and that they will travel with the national team to the training camp in northern Italy on Wednesday. Lahm will not be able to practice for up to seven days because of a bruise. Neuer has to wear a brace and will be treated in the camp. His response to treatment will determine how long he will be unable to train. The statement made no mention of midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, who missed Saturdays final with a knee injury, but previous reports said he was not seriously hurt. Bayern beat Borussia Dortmund 2-0 in extra time to complete its second successive domestic double. Germany played an impressive qualifying campaign but injuries to some key players have dampened the optimism ahead of the World Cup. Striker Mario Gomez has been left out of the squad and veteran Miroslav Klose has been sidelined frequently this season with various injuries. Important midfielder Sami Khedira has yet to play a full match since returning for Real Madrid following six months out with a knee injury. Coach Joachim Loew is taking 27 players to the training camp. He will cut four players and announce the final squad after the June 1 friendly against Cameroon. Germany also plays Armenia on June 6, one day before travelling to Brazil. The Germans open their World Cup campaign against Portugal on June 16 in Salvador, then play Ghana on June 21 in Fortaleza and conclude the group stage against the United States on June 26 against the United States in Recife. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . -- Pelicans coach Monty Williams does not expect guard Eric Gordon to play in any of New Orleans final five games this season. Discount NHL Jerseys . Particularly when speaking in the stadium of Tuesdays opponent: Manchester City. "Maybe they dont fear us as before," Pique said on Monday, "because in the last two years we didnt win the Champions League. https://www.chinanhljerseys.us/. The team let Keaton Ellerby, James Wright and Matt Halischuk become unrestricted free agents after declining to make them qualifying offers. Ellerby, 25, appeared in 51 games for the Jets last season and had two goals and four assists. Custom NHL Jerseys . He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic . The two-time Olympic halfpipe gold medallist informed ESPN on Monday he plans to compete in Apsen, Colo.MARANA, Ariz. -- Jason Day of Australia and Victor Dubuisson of France reached the 18-hole final of the Match Play Championship on Sunday. Day, a semifinalist last year, led from the start in a 3-and-2 victory over Rickie Fowler. Dubuisson became the fourth player to reach the championship match on his debut in the 15 years after this World Golf Championship began in 1999. He had to take down Ernie Els in the most compelling match of the morning on Dove Mountain. Els, trying to reach the final for the first time, went 3 up through four holes and was on the verge of stretching his lead until the 23-year-old Frenchman halved the hole with a tough par putt at No. 7. Dubuisson won four of the next five holes to take the lead, only for the 44-year-old Els to battle back. Els made a 20-foot birdie putt on the 16th to square the match, and they headed to the 18th hole. Dubuisson hit to the back fringe, while Els came up short with a 6-iron into the breeze and found a bunker. He blasted out to just outside 12 feet, and narrowly missed the par putt to extend the match. Dubuisson said he didnt sleep well Saturday night and didnt feel well when he arrived at the golf course, perhaps because "I realized I was in the semifinal of the World Golf Championship against Ernie Els." "Im a big fan of Ernie, so I have always been watching him winning majors," he saidd.dddddddddddd "I knew I had to play my best golf. Its what I did." Dubuisson is the first player since Geoff Ogilvy in 2006 to reach the final match in his first time playing this event. Ogilvy went on to win the title. It was a big blow to Els, who badly pulled an 8-iron far left of the flag on the 17th, losing a chance to put pressure on Dubuisson, and then came up short on the 18th. "Its tough to take," said the four-time major champion. Day won the opening hole with a birdie and never looked back, though Fowler didnt give in. Day was 3 up through 11 holes when he missed a 6-foot par putt on the 12th and Fowler made birdie on the 13th to cut the deficit to one hole. The turning point came at the 15th, when Fowler missed far enough left with his drive that he had no shot at getting close. He hit a flop shot strong that went over the green, hit another strong pitch and missed the par putt. Fowler had a chance to go 1 down on the 16th with a tee shot into 6 feet. But he missed the birdie putt, and then missed the 4-footer coming back for par to end the match. "The start of the season, thats all Im trying to do is win," said Day, with only one PGA Tour victory in his career. "I felt like I had a really good chance at maybe having a shot at winning this week and Im definitely in the final now and Im really looking for to it." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen