It was surprising they

in second hand Lense Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:47 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

Chad Johnson admits he has never been to Canada, but he will soon call it a temporary home after signing with the Montreal Alouettes on Thursday. The team announced they had agreed to terms with the 36-year-old former Pro Bowl wide receiver whose NFL career spanned 11 years, a decade with the Cincinnati Bengals and one year with the New England Patriots. Johnson had been working out with the team since Monday in Florida. "Chad Johnson did an outstanding job the last three days," said Alouettes general manager Jim Popp in a release. "As we added him into the mix, it was to see how he communicated with the players, how he held himself, the way he physically held up, his true interest in coming to the CFL. It was a total evaluation so that its a good fit. He was very happy and very excited to be on the field again and we are happy to welcome him to the Alouettes." Johnson has been out of football for the past two seasons. He signed as a free agent with the Miami Dolphins in 2012, but was cut prior to the start of the season following an arrest. "I messed up tremendously, as we all know, and I didnt get the opportunity to come back after that and Im like, I have so much left and I just want to get back to the game of football, he said on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on TSN Radio 1050. "Popp gave me the opportunity to come down and try out in Vero Beach and I didnt hesitate to take the two-hour drive down from Miami and just go out there and do what I love to do." The Oregon State product is a six-time Pro Bowler and holds Bengals franchise records for most receptions, receiving yards in a season, touchdown receptions and most receiving yardage of all-time. Johnson joins a receiving corps that was led in 2013 by S.J. Green, who finished the season with 1,197 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns. He says his experience with the Alouettes so far isnt much different than his time south of the border. "One thing Ive come to learn, and I learned really fast, is that the players that I was able to meet at the Alouettes are all NFL worthy," Johnson said. "The competition level is really no different then what it was in my 12-year career in the NFL and it was fun. You know, learning the little nuances of the Canadian game, it was phenonemal man and Im just happy and blessed to have the opporutnity to play again and have the opportunity to contribute to the Alouettes." The details of the contract have not been released, however, Johnson says the administrative process is a small part of a much grander scheme. "Its not about signing a contract, its the fact that when I was able to touch the grass the first day ... and hear the sound of cleats leaving the locker room, and the chills I got to be a part of something again was worth much more than signing a contract," he said. "Being a part of soemthing, the camaraderie, the competing outside, the talking, the learning, the film room, all that beats everything and thats what I was missing." Pittsburgh Penguins Shirts . - The Mavericks built a 12-point lead with 2:50 to play, gave away all but two points of it, and still managed to hang on. Stitched Penguins Jerseys .com) - Joique Bells touchdown run in the fourth quarter gave the Detroit Lions a 20-14 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/. Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Wholesale Penguins Jerseys . Algeria led 3-0 at halftime, but withstood a stronger South Korean second half performance to claim its first World Cup win since 1982 and move into second place in Group H with one match left to play. Defeat for South Korea means it must now beat already-qualified Belgium to stand a chance of progressing to the knockout stages. Pittsburgh Penguins Pro Shop .com) - After Tom Brady added to an already illustrious legacy, Malcolm Butler established his by leaving the Seattle Seahawks, well, deflated.CLEVELAND - Another trade and another loss. And LeBron James wont be back for another week.The Cavaliers appear to be a long way from NBA title contenders.On Wednesday, the Cavs addressed their biggest need — a rim-protecting big man — by acquiring centre Timofey Mozgov from the Denver Nuggets for two first-round draft picks.The Cavs announced their second major trade in three days during the first half of a 105-93 loss to the Houston Rockets. Cleveland, which has underachieved while enduring a rash of injuries, sent two protected 2015 first-round picks — one acquired in 2013 from Memphis, the other from Oklahoma City this week — to Denver for the 7-foot-1 Mozgov and a 2015 second-round pick.Mozgov averaged 8.5 points and 7.8 rebounds in 35 games this season for the Nuggets. The Cavs feel he can fill the large hole they had in the middle after starting centre Anderson Varejao was lost for the season with a torn Achilles.Cavs general manager David Griffin had targeted Mozgov for months and was finally able to land him — at a steep price.His numbers didnt need to be flashy, Griffin said. Weve got three guys that are top 20 players in the NBA. Those guys can be flashy. We need guys that do the dirt work. ... It fits our needs.Mozgov played for Cavs coach David Blatt on the Russian national team, and their relationship should make the five-year veterans transition a little easier.James, who has missed six straight games with a strained back and left knee, said Mozgov is a welcomed addition.Its something that we need, James said. Its something that once Andy went down, it was something obviously we needed to get bigger in the interior and adding a guy like that who can protect the rim, it will help our team as well.The trade for Mozgov was Clevelands second significant move this weeek.dddddddddddd On Monday, the Cavs dealt guard Dion Waiters to the Thunder and acquired guards J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert from the Knicks. Smith gives the Cavs a proven scorer off the bench and Shumpert is a strong defender, whom Blatt described as willing to take on the opponents top scorer.We need a guy like that, he said.Shumpert is recovering from a dislocated left shoulder and wont be ready to play for at least two more weeks.Smith comes with some baggage. While there is no denying his basketball skill, Smith hasnt always been regarded as a team player, but Griffin said the Cavs have no major concerns about him.His issues have never been as a teammate, Griffin said. J.R. comes to battle, he competes on a consistent basis.Smith went scoreless in his Cleveland debut, missing five shots, including four 3-pointers, in nearly 18 minutes.Last season, Smith was fined $50,000 for untying the shoelaces of three players, including his new Cavaliers teammate Shawn Marion, who felt the incident was blown out of proportion by the media.He should have paid half of it (the fine) then, Smith said, laughing. That was way overblown. Ive been doing it so long. It was surprising they caught it that year. It seemed like one thing after another. Ive been playing against Shawn a long time. It was nothing personal. I didnt try to hurt guys. It was a joke that got taken too far.Smith, who has known James since high school, has no doubt that hell be able to fit in nicely with the Cavs. It wont take him long to figure out Blatts offence.I try to space the floor as much as I can, Smith said. When worst come to worst, my motto is, When in doubt, shoot the ball. Hopefully that wont catch anybody off guard.___AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis contributed to this report. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen