What we want to stay is our

in camera talk Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:48 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

BEREA, Ohio - The perception of dysfunction didnt frighten John DeFilippo away from the Browns. He wasnt intimidated by their muddled mess at quarterback or a parade of offensive co-ordinators hired and fired before him.Working with Johnny Manziel wasnt a red flag, either.DeFilippos believes hes ready for the biggest challenge of his career, whether the Browns know who their starting quarterback will be in 2015 or not.Ive been in this situation before, he said.The 36-year-old DeFilippo, an Ohio native proud of his blue-collar work ethic and reputation for mentoring young quarterbacks, was introduced Thursday by Browns coach Mike Pettine. Pettine hired someone he knows well to run his offence after accepting Kyle Shanahans resignation.DeFilippo spent the past three years as quarterbacks coach in Oakland, where he worked last season with Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, who showed promise during his rookie season.Were not sure if our starting quarterback is in the building right now or not, DeFilippo said. If he is, thats great. If hes not, thats great, too, and whoever is in that room is going to be coached hard and held accountable and be expected to do the things that we expect out of a Cleveland Browns quarterback.Pettine has described Clevelands quarterback situation as muddy at best. The Browns started Brian Hoyer in the first 13 games before benching him in favour of Manziel, the celebrated rookie who played poorly in two starts and made his biggest impression with some off-the-field antics.The Browns will spend the next few weeks evaluating the troubling position — Cleveland has started 22 quarterbacks since 1999. Hoyer is eligible for free agency in March, and the Browns have not committed long-term to Manziel, who did nothing to show he could be the teams future QB during six shaky quarters behind centre.DeFilippo. who described himself as pretty low-ego guy, was in a similar spot last year before the Raiders drafted Carr.At this point last year Derek Carr wasnt in the Oakland Raiders building, he said. Derek had a very good rookie year. Ive been in this situation several times where weve either drafted a quarterback or signed a guy in free agency. Ive been in this situation before. That doesnt scare me one bit.Pettine praised DeFilippos people skills and ability to connect with players. The two men — both the sons of high school coaches — grew close during the 2009 season when they were together on Rex Ryans staff with the New York Jets. Pettine knows DeFilippos name may not be recognized outside coaching circles, but hes confident the Youngstown, Ohio, product is ready to oversee an NFL offence.Im sure a lot of people were like, Who the heck is John DeFilippo? Pettine said. I know Johns ready. I know on the outside theres kind of that pressure to make more of a brand-name hire. Im not interested in winning off-season press conferences. Im interested in winning games in the fall.Pettine didnt hesitate in accepting Shanahans resignation. Once Shanahan made it clear he wasnt happy in Cleveland, Pettine decided to make the change rather than bring back a coach not fully committed to the teams future. Pettine said Shanahans decision to leave with two years left on his contract had nothing to do with his dissatisfaction with Manziel.I know its easy to say Hey hes under contract, hold him to it, Pettine said. Now theres a dark cloud over your coaching offices and Ive been a part of that. This business, its hard to win and youve got to have everybody into it, passionate about the Cleveland Browns and pulling the rope in the same direction.NOTES: Pettine plans to immerse himself more in Clevelands offence next season after focusing on defence in his first season. ... Pettine recently met with NFL investigators who spoke to about member of the personnel department sending texts to the sideline during games. Pettine declined to comment further until the investigation is over.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/ap_nfl Fake Penguins Jerseys . -- A deflected pass that landed in DeSean Jacksons hands. Custom Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/. After making his All-Star debut in Fridays Rising Stars Challenge, the Raptors sophomore centre wont be sticking around for the duration of the weekends festivities, thinking about the big picture instead. Penguins Jerseys 2019 .com) - Mikko Korhonen carded a 5-under 67 on Thursday to claim medalist honors at the European Tours Final Qualifying Stage tournament. Pittsburgh Penguins Store . Bibeau, Torontos sixth-round pick at No. 172 overall in last years draft, was named the outstanding goaltender of the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup.Carlos Carvalhal said he was proud of his Sheffield Wednesday side following their Sky Bet Championship play-off final defeat to Hull City. A stunning strike from Mo Diame sealed an instant return to the Premier League for the Tigers as the Owls 16-year wait for a top flight return continues. But despite the heartbreak, the Portuguese manager - who was unknown in English football at the start of the season - was delighted with how his side have performed, although did concede that Hull were the better side. Im proud of the players, the club and the fans but at the same time we are unhappy because weve lost the final but football is good when we dream, Carvalhal told Sky Sports. Dejected Sheffield Wednesday players are left on the pitch I must talk in two different ways. One, I think we had a really fantastic season and nobody expected us to finish in this position. Another thing is the final, and we played against a strong team. We fight, we ran, we tried to organise but today Hull were better than us and they deserved to win.Even in the second half, we started to play a little bit better, to press higher up like we usually do but today, in this game, the details make the difference and it was a fantastic goal that did it. But you have to be very good to be at Wembley and although we lose one game in the final, in my opinion, it was with very good quality and we deserve everything we have lived so far, so I am proud.Sheffield Wednesday fans were in fine voice throughout the game, and even stayed behind after the final whistle to applaud their squad, with Carvalhal also praising them for their contribution on Saturday. Highlights of Hull v Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship play-off final The atmosphere was fantastic, as was the emotional reaction we had with the fans so when we finished the game, me and my players are very proud, he added.ddddddddddddOur fans are enjoying the way that we play and its something we want to achieve and continue this kind of work. We want our fans to be proud of the team. They pay for the tickets and they like what they are looking at.I cant say we are happy because we arent but of course, the way that we finished the game and the way that the fans greeted us with a big applause makes us ready for the next season.The Owls will face the likes of Newcastle and Aston Villa next season, as well as other established Championship clubs vying for a promotion spot, but Carvalhal will be taking it game-by-game. Hull Citys midfielder Tom Huddlestone (R) tackles Sheffield Wednesdays English defender Sam Hutchinson (2L) With the Championship, you never know what can happen because its a hard competition. What we want to stay is our brand and quality of football which we usually play better than today, but during the season we play very good football. With the results, you never know with this kind of competition so we must go step-by-step again because next season will be a very tough league with the teams that are relegated and the strong teams that we have in the competition but Im sure we will start next season better than we started this season.I think weve woken up the giant and Sheffield Wednesday have woken up. All the clubs will now respect our club like we deserve. Also See: Diame fires Hull back to the PL As it happened ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen