and his own tactics last summer when Liverpool r

in second hand Lense Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

Scottsdale, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Ryan Palmer fired a 7-under 65 in Thursdays opening round and stood alone atop the leaderboard as play at the Phoenix Open was suspended due to darkness. Palmer, who is coming off a tie for 10th last week at the Humana Challenge, is a three-time winner on the PGA Tour. Tiger Woods returned to action for the first time in an official event since last years PGA Championship. He rallied from a poor start for a 2-over 73, which left him tie for 104th. Woods opened with a pair of bogeys at one and two. A poor chip led to a double-bogey, which dropped him to 4-over par through four holes. He got one stroke back with a 13-foot birdie putt at five, but he tripped to a bogey at nine as his drive stopped on the edge of a bunker and he had a poor stance. Around the turn, Woodss drive at 11 stopped under a small bush and that led to another a dropped shot. After a solid drive on the par-5 13th, he stuffed his second shot inside a foot. The tap-in eagle got Woods back to plus-3. He parred the next two, then drove the green at the drivable 17th. He 2-putted for birdie from 20 feet out. A par at the last left Woods at 2-over par and nine strokes off the lead. Im just having a hard time finding the bottom. Because of my old pattern, I was so steep on it that I have new grind on my wedge, and sometimes its hard to trust, Woods explained of his poor chipping. I got into the flow of the round, but it was just trying to get committed to this new swing change. I struggled with it in the beginning. I just need tournament rounds like this, where I can fight through it and turn it around, grind through it and make adjustments on the fly. Major champions Keegan Bradley and Bubba Watson share second place at minus-6. They were joined there by Daniel Berger, who was through 16 holes of round one at the TPC Scottsdale. Former Masters winner Zach Johnson carded a 5-under 66. He was joined in fifth place by Martin Laird, Robert Streb and Ben Martin. Phil Mickelson, a three-time winner of this event, also started slowly as he was 3-over par through six holes, but he carded five birdies over the final 11 holes for a 2-under 69. He is in a large group tied for 29th. Play was suspended for the day by darkness with nine players left on the course. They will return to TPC Scottsdale at 10 a.m. ET on Friday to complete their opening rounds, while round two will start as scheduled at 9:30 a.m. Palmer played the back nine first on Thursday and he got going with a 9-foot birdie effort at the 12th. Like Woods, Palmer dropped his second at the 13th to kick-in range and that eagle quickly moved Palmer to minus-3. The 38-year-old rolled in a 19-footer for birdie at the raucous par-3 16th and made it two in a row with a short birdie effort at 17. After a par at 18, Palmer turned at minus-5 and he was one shot off the lead. Palmer dropped his approach to nine feet at No. 2 and he drained that to gain a piece of the lead. He made it two in a row as he also birdied the third to move atop the leaderboard at minus-7. After taking the lead, Palmer closed with 2-putt pars on the final six holes. In that span, his shortest birdie chance was from 27 feet out. NOTES: Palmer matched the second-lowest 9-hole score in PGA Tour history last week at the Humana as he fired a 9-under 27 on the back at nine of the Nicklaus Private course at PGA West ... Woods, who is winless since the 2013 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, carded his first eagle on the PGA Tour since that same WGC event in 2013 ... Thursdays attendance was 118,461, which set the Thursday record by 30,000 fans. Air Max 90 Leather Iron Bronze . -- Fresh off their surprising run in the playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers have signed head coach Terry Stotts to a multi-year contract extension. Air Max 90 Black Buy . -- Washington Capitals forward Brooks Laich is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after having an operation on a groin muscle. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outle...hite-cheap.html. According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning. Air Max 90 Womens Outlet . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season. Off White x Air Max 90 All Black . JOHNS, N. Barcelona prides itself in upholding high moral values and being "more than a club." The Catalan giants, though, have decided to overlook a litany of misdemeanours by Luis Suarez to sign footballs most high-profile outcast. The Uruguay striker is set to seal his transfer from Liverpool next week despite being unable to play, or even train with his new teammates, until the end of October when his latest biting ban expires. FIFA on Thursday rejected Suarezs appeal against the four-month suspension from all football activity for sinking his teeth into an Italian opponent during a World Cup match last month. But Barcelona was undeterred in striking a transfer deal on Friday of around $130 million with Liverpool to bolster its strike force as it tries to regain the Spanish title. Suarez will travel to Barcelona next week for a medical examination and to sign a five-year contract. The ban will prevent Barca holding an official presentation in the Camp Nou. Fridays announcement by the club made no mention of Suarezs punishment for biting Giorgio Chiellini, while hailing the scorer as a "strong competitive spirit and a powerful figure." For 27-year-old Suarez, the move to Spain provides an escape route and a chance to rehabilitate his image in a new environment. Despite scoring 82 goals in 133 Liverpool appearances, Suarezs prowess in front of goal during three years in England was overshadowed by bans for racial abuse and biting. "It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain," Suarez said Friday. "Me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city. We will always be Liverpool supporters. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wifes family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is rright.dddddddddddd" The World Cup incident followed a club season that had begun with Suarez also being banned for biting, after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a Premier League match in April 2013. Barcelona will be hoping Suarez brings his scoring form to Spain -- he netted 31 in the Premier League last season as Liverpool finished second -- rather than the hot-headed temperament. When Suarez is eventually eligible to play again, Barcelona will be able to deploy a formidable front line including Lionel Messi and Neymar, as the club rebuilds under new coach Luis Enrique after its first season without a major trophy in six years. Suarezs transfer marks the second successive year that the man voted English footballs top player moved to Spain, following in Gareth Bales speedy footsteps. Suarezs transfer was a far smoother, less drawn-out saga compared with Bales move, and his own tactics last summer when Liverpool managed to prevent its star from leaving Anfield. "It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges," Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said. Having extracted from Barca almost double the 40 million pounds ($68 million) Arsenal valued Suarez at last year, Liverpool has funds to reinvest in the squad. American owner John Henry has already spent around $70 million on striker Rickie Lambert, and midfielders Adam Lallana and Emre Can. Just how reliant Liverpool was on Suarez will become quickly apparent. It was only with Suarezs goals that Liverpool mounted an unexpected but ultimately unsuccessful challenge for the Premier League title last season. "If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual," Rodgers said. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen