gusty wind and greens that are firming up

in second hand Lense Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

NEW YORK -- Cam Talbot, subbing for resting Olympian Henrik Lundqvist, stopped 31 shots, and Derick Brassard and Rick Nash scored as the New York Rangers returned from the Sochi break with a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night. Talbot got the nod after Lundqvist received extended work in Swedens run to the gold medal game in the Olympics. Talbot made the most of his opportunity, getting his 11th career win in 18 NHL games -- all this season. He was 11.6 seconds away from a shutout, but Peter Regin scored after goalie Corey Crawford was pulled. Patrick Kane nearly tied it seconds later, but Talbot stopped him with his pad. New York has won six of seven. Lundqvist is expected to play Saturday in Philadelphia when the Rangers start a back-to-back set. Cheap Air Jordan Free Shipping . On a hot, sweaty day, the Hall of Famer looked cool and comfortable. Air Jordan Outlet . Therrien would not confirm his lineup for the game, but he did have the same line combinations practicing together for the third straight day which is usually a pretty good indication of what the lineup will be. https://www.jordanchina.us/. -- Arizona pitcher Bronson Arroyo is expected to miss a week to 10 days because of a back injury. Air Jordan China . The young man, never lacking confidence, thought he could be really good. Wholesale Air Jordan . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951. BELMONT, Mich. -- Inbee Park figures the best defence against the nerves that come with being in the lead is a hot putter. Using a new blade putter this week, Park made two long birdie putts on the back nine Saturday and finished with a 3-under 68 to remain a stroke ahead after the third round of the Meijer LPGA Classic. "I feel like I havent holed that kind of putt for a long time and its all of a sudden happening this week," Park said. "This putter, it seems like its going really on line and I feel like Im stroking the ball better this week." The third-ranked South Korean player holed a 25-footer from the fringe on the par-3 14th, bogeyed the par-4 15th after missing a 3-foot par try and rebounded with a 35-foot birdie putt on the par-4 16th. The 26-year-old Park won six times last season and took the Manulife Financial in June in Canada for her 10th LPGA Tour title. She had a 13-under 200 total at Blythefield Country Club. "I think it would have been nice if I had probably two- or three-(shot lead)," Park said. "That gives me more breathing room, but one is still better than nothing. Im in better position than everybody else." South Korean rookie Mirim Lee was second after a 67. Norways Suzann Pettersen was another stroke back after a 69. Cristie Kerr matched the low round of the tournament with a 64 to jump 44 spots to a tie for 12th at 5 under. She hit 10 of 13 fairways and had only 26 putts. Park, using a blade putter instead of a mallet for the first time since 2008, birdied the first hole and stayed in front until Pettersen birdied Nos.dddddddddddd 7 and 8 to tie for the lead. The tie lasted one hole before Park rolled in a 12-foot birdie putt at the ninth. Pettersen birdied the par-4 13th with a 20-footer to tie again, only to have Park roll in the 25-footer from the fringe at 14. Pettersen then matched Parks bogey at 15, also missing a 3-foot par try. Thats when Lee slipped in between the two with birdies at Nos. 15 and 16. Pettersen, who for much of last year was No. 2 in the rankings to Parks No. 1, said she struggled with her game, gusty wind and greens that are firming up. "Overall it was one of those days where you just fight to stay in it," said Pettersen, ranked fourth in the world. "I didnt have the greatest of feels throughout the round. There were a lot of challenges out there, and there will be as many tomorrow and hopefully I can do just a little better." Park, who shot 66 in each of the first two rounds, said it was easily the toughest day of the three. "The wind was quite tricky to me," she said. "I played pretty consistent again, but the golf course was tougher, the conditions harder. I have to stay consistent and keep rolling in some putts." Park knows very little about Lee. "I know shes from Korea and she played on the KLPGA Tour, and I know shes hitting it quite long from seeing it from behind today," Park said. "Except for that, I really dont have much information. Obviously she played quite solid for three days." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen