Cirstea has only one WTA

in camera talk Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady knows it will take a while to get in sync with his rookie receivers. Meanwhile, he keeps winning. The 14-year veteran threw a 39-yard touchdown pass to one of those newcomers, hitting a wide-open Aaron Dobson on the games first series before both offences played as sloppily as the second-half weather, and the New England Patriots got by the New York Jets 13-10 on Thursday night. Thirteen of Bradys 19 completions went to veteran Julian Edelman, who knew the offence better than the three rookie wide receivers. "Its unrealistic for them to feel like they can do it like 10-year veterans. Thats not what they are," Brady said, "but theyre trying hard and they work real hard and they have a lot of skill." That applies to another rookie, Jets quarterback Geno Smith. But he completed just 15 of 35 passes for 214 yards with three fourth-quarter interceptions and was sacked four times. "Geno had his (good) moments," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "I dont know how many balls we dropped today, but it was a bunch." The Patriots (2-0) punted 11 times and managed just nine first downs after leading the NFL in points and yards last season. Only two of their 16 possessions gained more than 22 yards, and 81 of their 232 yards -- more than a third -- came on their opening series. "We have a long way to go," said Brady, who completed 19 of 39 passes for 185 yards and one touchdown. "No one is coming to (our) rescue and save the day, so weve just got to fight through it." The Jets (1-1) cut the lead to 13-10 on Bilal Powells 3-yard touchdown run with 5:05 left in the third quarter. But Smith threw three interceptions in the fourth quarter, two to Aqib Talib and one to Alfonzo Dennard. Talibs second with 38 seconds left sealed the victory. "During that time in the game, youve got to be more mindful of the situation," Smith said. "With the costly mistakes, that was completely on me." After Talibs last interception, players from both sides scuffled and two Jets, Willie Colon and DBrickashaw Ferguson, were ejected. "I lost my temper. I lost my cool out there and we cant have it," Colon said. "I know better so it is my fault." With wide receiver Danny Amendola, tight end Rob Gronkowski and running back Shane Vereen all sidelined, Brady was without three of his top offensive players. He was left with just two tight ends and four wide receivers. In the second half, the teams had to deal with a torrential downpour that started at intermission. On the 17 possessions in the first half, there were 11 punts, a lost fumble, one missed field goal, three field goals and a touchdown. The officials didnt have a very good half, either, with one touchdown by each team and a lost fumble by Edelman being overturned by video review. The only touchdown of the half came on the first series when Brady hit Dobson down the right side. It was the first reception for the second-round draft choice, who missed the opening 23-21 win over the Buffalo Bills with a hamstring injury. "We were being pretty aggressive there in a short-yardage situation and (Dobson) slid behind him and I just gave it to him. He did all the work," Brady said. "Im glad we got on the board early and got a lead. Playing ahead is always important, especially when you get (bad) weather conditions." Dobson said he and Brady practiced the play in this weeks walkthroughs. "It worked out to perfection," Dobson said. "I was wide open and I capitalized on the play." It marked the 50th straight game in which Brady has thrown a touchdown pass. Drew Brees, whose streak has ended, holds the NFL record of 54. Stephen Gostkowskis 21-yard field goal made it 10-0 before Nick Folk kicked a 37-yarder for the Jets after Smiths 9-yard pass to Clyde Gates, originally ruled a touchdown, was changed to an incompletion after the replay. Gostkowski added a 30-yarder with 5:05 left in the half, but the Patriots didnt score again. "Over the years our offence has bailed us out so many times," Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo said. "If the score is 43-42 or 3-0, well take it, especially against a division opponent like the Jets." NOTES: Patriots rookie Ryan Allen tied two team records hed prefer not to have -- 11 punts for 514 yards. ... The Patriots have won five straight games over the Jets and 18 of 23. ... Jets WR Jeremy Kerley missed the game with a concussion. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet . Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games in overtime, wasting a chance to take a commanding lead in their division. https://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/.ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. Nike NFL Jerseys China .C. - NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick headlines this years electees into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . Lynchs attorney, Ivan Golde, told The Associated Press on Thursday of the plea deal that was reached with the Alameda County District Attorney Office. The plea will be formally entered in court in Oakland, Calif. TORONTO -- After a week of plowing through the competition, Serena Williams emerged from her first true test of the week with a spot in the final and a chance at a third Rogers Cup title. The American top-seed eliminated No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska 7-6 (3), 6-4 in a semifinal Saturday night and will meet unseeded Romanian Sorana Cirstea for the championship. Williams lost as many games against Radwanska as she had through a combined three matches coming into the sixth meeting between the two -- all won by Williams, including last years Wimbledon final. "It was definitely one of the tougher matches," said Williams. "Obviously Wimbledon was another tough one. We actually have a lot of good matches." Cirstea, meanwhile, continued her Cinderella run at the tournament with a 6-1, 7-6 (5) upset against Chinese fourth-seed Li Na in the other semi. Shes played Williams twice before and lost both meetings decisively. "Shes definitely not an easy player to play," Williams said of Cirstea. "Her results recently have been really consistent and shes found herself and shes playing better and better and more confident. Its going to be a really tough match." Williams won the Rogers Cup in 2011 and 2001, both in Toronto. Shes shooting for an eighth WTA title this year and has only lost one match (Wimbledon) since March. "The main thing is I have to serve well, be aggressive, try to be in control, and go into the court with good mentality," Cirstea said about the final. Radwanska and Williams traded breaks twice in the first set as the 123-pound Pole kept up with Williamss imposing power game. Radwanska dashed corner-to-corner at the baseline to make returns and led 6-5, but Williams held serve to force a tiebreak where she blasted a cross-court winner for a 6-3 advantage, then aced set point. Williams, who finished the first set with 20 winners to Radwanskas five, called for a medical timeout early in the second for "gastrointestinal issues." "I had some stomach issues and I had to settled them down," said Williams. "Ill be fine. I feel good." She looked slightly out of sorts early in the set, going down a break and screaming at the ground after blowing an easy overhead smash. But that didnt last. Williams broke back and took a 4-3 lead by running Radwanska around the court with blistering offensive groundstrokes. She won a nearly 10-minute game to pull ahead 5-4 and broke Radwanska to finish off the match in one hour 51 minutes. "Shes was really playing a great match today," said Radwanska. "This is whaat makes her No.dddddddddddd 1 in the world -- playing unbelievable in the very important moments and very powerful shots. I couldnt do anything about that. I had some break points and I didnt take them." Cirstea, meanwhile, came into her match having ousted two former world No. 1s in Jelena Jankovic and Caroline Wozniacki before dethroning defending champion and sixth-seed Petra Kvitova in the quarter-finals. "A new day, a new match. It doesnt matter who I beat the day before or what Ive done," said Cirstea. "Its just another day where I have to get out there and do the things to show the work that Ive put in." The 23-year-old looked loose and confident in the first set as she broke twice to go up 5-1, whizzing forehands past Li and skipping and jogging between points, perhaps to remind her 31-year-old opponent of their age difference. After a between set visit from her husband, Li found her game in the second. She yelled and pumped her fist after breaking for 3-1, then battled through triple break point to hold serve at 4-1. Cirstea, sensing the moment slipping away from her, called for a visit from her Australian coach Darren Cahill. "He made me realize its about the process, its about getting better and improving," said Cirstea. "So I shouldnt have any pressure. I just need to do the same things Ive done the first set. Hes amazing. These victories are his in a way." Against a vocal backdrop of Romanian shouts and cheers from the crowd, Cirstea broke back at 5-4 and again at 6-5 before Li forced a tiebreak. Li, a former French Open champion, committed an unsightly 41 unforced errors compared to Cirsteas 29, but none was worse than her sixth double fault coming at matchpoint. "I was feeling maybe I can win the second set and then we can come to a final set," said Li, who was last years finalist after losing to Kvitova. "Its very tough. Today I didnt play (my) best tennis, but at least I try on the court." Flags of blue, red and yellow waved in jubilation as Cirstea looked visibly emotional after locking down her best result of the year. Cirstea has only one WTA title to her credit, coming all the way back in 2008 at Tashkent. In doubles, Gabriela Dabrowski of Ottawa and Torontos Sharon Fichman had their Rogers Cup run ended by Jankovic and Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia in a 7-5, 6-3 loss in the semifinal. Jankovic and Srebotnik will meet Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany and Czech Kveta Peschke for the title. Groenefeld and Peschke won 6-2, 6-4 over Russian duo Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen