first treble last season,

in camera talk Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:08 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

ASHBURN, Va. -- Robert Griffin III parsed the appropriate uses of "me" and "I" when it comes to owning up to a mistake and privately explained his words to teammates Santana Moss and coaches Wednesday. It was the latest bit of damage control in a disappointing season for the under-the-microscope quarterback. Griffin was dealing with the backlash from the comments he made after the Washington Redskins 24-16 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, when his unwise third-and-1 heave was intercepted in the end zone in the final minute to end his teams last chance to tie the game. "I think at the end of the day, I just have to know in that situation after a tough loss to a divisional opponent I cant give anybody any opportunity to read into my words and misinterpret anything," Griffin said. "Some of the things I said, I was trying to give a good compliment to Philly. I wasnt trying to take any shots at anybody and it turned out that way. "Youre asking me today, if I could take any of that back, yeah, I would take it back, because in the heat of that moment, youre frustrated. Youre trying to figure out why things didnt work. Im trying to give you guys honest answers and it hurt us in that sense. Thats on me." Griffins specific words Sunday were hardly earth-shattering, but they were just enough to stoke a prevalent notion that he doesnt always take his fair share of blame and that his relationship with the coaching staff isnt the greatest. Regarding the interception, he said Sunday: "We had a certain concept we were running, and nobody got open so I was backing up, and in the situation where you get a sack there, it ends the game. I was trying to throw the ball to the back of the end zone. It didnt get to where I wanted it to go." Regarding the Eagles in general, he said after the game: "They did a good job of scheming us up. Obviously, we were able to run the ball effectively, but in the passing game, they kind of had us. They kind of knew what was coming before it was coming and, like I said, that is disheartening." That was enough for Moss, a well-respected veteran, to speak up. Moss told 106.7 The Fan on Tuesday that: "Regardless of the outcome, good or bad, you have to at some point, stand up and say me or I." Moss met with Griffin on Wednesday and then attempted to put a new spin on his comments Wednesday, saying they were meant as a message to all leaders that its best to take responsibility no matter whos at fault. "It was nothing that I said should make you believe that were not cool," Moss said. Griffin said he and Moss were "on the same page." Griffin also seemed perplexed by the whole "me"/"I" uproar. "You guys asked me about the last play of the game. I said I tried to throw the ball away and it didnt work," Griffin said. "I dont know who else is to blame for that. I tried to throw the ball away and it didnt work. ... Maybe I can say I, me a whole lot more, but other people can take that the wrong way, too." Griffin also met with coach Mike Shanahan and offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahan, explaining that "scheming us up" wasnt a dig at them. Asked to explain his relationship with the two, he said: "Its three guys that want to win football games." "We want to win and thats the bottom line," Griffin said. "Whenever youre not winning, it creates a lot of madness, especially in where were at right now with the Washington Redskins. The only way to stop the madness is for us to win and youve got three guys -- Coach, Kyle, myself -- we all want to win and thats a good recipe." Taking the middle ground was Mike Shanahan, who is trying to keep a 3-7 team focused for a Monday night game against the San Francisco 49ers. "Youve got a tough loss and a lot of emotions after a game and all of a sudden, hey, you look back and say, Maybe I wish I would have said it a different way, but this is what I meant," Shanahan said. "I know Robert meant nothing by it. I know Santana meant nothing by it. Both guys expressed their opinion." Custom Cincinnati Reds Nike Jerseys ." Argos general manager Jim Barker uttered those words during an interview with TSN 1050 radio just prior to the CFLs annual free agent frenzy. Cheap Custom Baseball Jerseys . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.co...ks-nike-jerseys. -- Officials have approved a deal to build a new $672 million stadium for the Atlanta Braves away from the downtown Atlanta area that has traditionally been its home. Custom Miami Marlins Nike Jerseys . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep. Custom Detroit Tigers Nike Jerseys . Catch all the action on TSN starting at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Toronto won at Denver and Utah, but lost in Portland and Sacramento. The Kings loss was the most recent game for the Raptors.MUNICH - Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness was found guilty Thursday and sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison for evading millions of euros (dollars) in tax through an undeclared Swiss bank account. The 62-year-old Hoeness, one of the most powerful figures in German soccer, was initially charged with dodging 3.5 million euros ($4.85 million) in taxes through the Swiss account. But when his trial opened Monday he admitted to avoiding 15 million euros more. Then it came out through an examination of documents he provided to investigators shortly before the trial that he owed 27.2 million euros in total — a number Hoeness did not dispute. Hoeness had faced up to 10 years in prison, and the sentence came between the 5 1/2 years suggested by the prosecution and the defences plea for probation, based on the fact that he had turned himself in for tax evasion and provided details to the court, the dpa news agency reported. Following the verdict, defence attorney Hanns Feigen said he would appeal the decision to see how a higher court would value Hoeness "not ideal" confession. He added that he was convinced the appeals court would come to a "better result" than the Munich state court did. Hoeness will remain free on bail pending the outcome of the appeal. German authorities have been cracking down on tax evaders in recent years, and have recovered hundreds of millions of euros. Their widely-publicized purchase of leaked account information on thousands of investors, as well as high-profile cases such as that against Hoeness and former Deutsche Post AG CEO Klaus Zumwinkel, has led to thousands of people turning themselves in. Hoeness, who also is part owner of a Nuremberg sausage factory, reported himself to the tax authorities last April — around the same ttime that German media were investigating reports of high-profile tax evaders.dddddddddddd News of the case against the national icon prompted even Chancellor Angela Merkels spokesman to weigh in and say the countrys leader was disappointed in him. As a player, Hoeness was a Bayern star who won the 1972 European Championship and the 1974 World Cup with West Germany and three straight European Cups — the predecessor of the Champions League — before retiring in 1979 with chronic knee problems. He became the Bundesligas youngest coach when he was 27. Bayern has been enjoying unprecedented success under Hoeness presidency. The club stood by him during the investigation, and its supervisory board was expected to meet following the verdict to see what steps to take next. Bayern Munich said it would issue a statement later Thursday. In three decades as manager and president of Bayern, Hoeness conducted a prudent financial policy that left the club not only without debts but with a fat bank account. Hoeness refused to spend lavishly on foreign superstars but brought in the best of German talent. In recent years, Bayern started spending more on players and the result was its first treble last season, when it won the Champions League, the Bundesliga and the German Cup. The club is on course to win the Bundesliga again — perhaps even undefeated — and could become the first team to defend the Champions League title. Bayern could accomplish the treble again. Hoeness was also instrumental in signing coach Pep Guardiola. With three "strategic partners" — Adidas, Audi and Allianz, which each have an 8.33-per cent stake in the club — Bayern has some of Germanys best known companies behind it. The club has also paid off its stadium. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen