some challenges -- including a contaminated

in second hand Lense Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:36 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

BRIDGEND -- Bernhard Langer has a seven-stroke cushion to take into the third round of the Senior British Open after shooting a 5-under 66 Friday to add to his opening 65. The German is on 11-under 131 overall at a sunny Royal Porthcawl with Scotlands Colin Montgomerie and South African-based Englishman Chris Williams tied for second on 4-under 138. Montgomerie shot 66 while Williams added a 70 to his opening 68. Spaniard Pedro Linhart (69) was a further shot back in fourth, while Americans Bob Tway (73) and Tom Watson (66) shared fifth on 2-under 140. Watson had a faultless round of 66 with three birdies, an eagle at the 18th and no dropped shots. Langer was beaten in a playoff by Mark Wiebe of the United States in last years championship at Royal Birkdale after blowing a two-stroke lead on the final hole when he failed to get out of a greenside bunker. "It still hurts when I think about it," Langer said. "If you put me in that situation a hundred times, I think I would win 98 or 99." Langer started with a bogey five at the opening hole when he pulled a 4-iron into a bad lie, hit his second over the green and didnt get up and down. He recovered with three straight birdies from the fourth, hitting a sand-wedge to six feet, a 3-iron to seven feet and chipped his third to three feet on the par-five sixth and sank it. Two more birdies came at Nos. 11 and 12, he saved his par at the 14th with a 15-foot putt, then hit a drive and a 5-iron to 10 feet at the 18th and just missed his eagle attempt. "I played very aggressive and smart today," said Langer, who was champion at Carnoustie in 2010. "I missed a couple of opportunities early on but Im very pleased overall. Playing good golf on a great course is a lot of fun. But you have to be very careful, very smart and hopefully execute properly." Montgomerie hit back from dropping strokes at the first two holes to post six birdies in the next seven, including five on the run from the fifth, for 31 on the first nine holes. He then got two more on the way and just one dropped shot. Despite the impressive round, he wasnt hopeful. "Ive got a massive mountain to climb to catch Bernhard," admitted Montgomerie. Tway, only two behind Langer overnight, got to 5 under with a birdie at the sixth, but then slipped to level par before closing with two birdies. Fred Couples had to settle for a par 71, while Tom Pernice Jr. came back from an opening 78 to bag eight birdies and drop just one shot for 64 and the best round of the tournament so far. Wiebe, playing with Langer, made an early exit after shooting 77 for an 11-over 153 -- some 22 strokes worse than the man he beat last year. Ivan Rodriguez Astros Jersey . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. Derek Bell Jersey . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. https://www.cheapastros.com/223o-lance-m...sey-astros.html. First reported by FOX Sports Ken Rosenthal, its unknown if the impetus for the deferral proposal came from players or management, but it never left the preliminary stages. Randy Johnson Astros Jersey . Curtis Davies and Robert Koren secured the victory with goals inside 35 minutes of the fifth-round replay against the second-tier side. Josh Reddick Jersey . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics.BEIJING -- Canadas Kevin Koe was in a four-way tie for third place at the world mens curling championship after splitting his games Sunday at Capital Indoor Stadium. Koe dropped a 9-6 decision to Japans Yusuke Morozumi in the early draw before improving to 2-1 with a 9-6 victory over Chinas Rui Liu. "Obviously its a long week, but you dont want to get yourself behind the eight-ball early, so obviously it was important to get some stuff figured out," said Canadian third Pat Simmons. "It was a good, gutsy win for us, for sure." The Calgary-based rink opened the tournament Saturday with a 6-3 win over Denmark. Norways Thomas Ulsrud and Germanys John Jahr led at 3-0 after five draws. Canada was tied with Japan, Switzerland and Sweden at 2-1. China picked up a steal of one in the fourth end when Koes open takeout attempt overcurled. Canada pulled even at 3-3 with a deuce in the fifth and stole three points in the sixth end when Lius draw was wide. Koe added a deuce in the eighth end and one more point in the 10th for the victory. "Thats big," Koe said. "I mean, you dont want to get 1-2 this early in the week. It (would) be a long week, for sure." Teams are still adjusting to the ice conditions in the warm, humid Chinese capital. There have been some uncharacteristic misses over the first weekend of competition, such as Koes mistake in the fourth end against China.dddddddddddd "I didnt think I threw it too bad in the fourth," said Koe. "Sometimes you throw it and you think you know what itll do and it still doesnt do that. So thats frustrating. Were used to a little more out of ourselves, so we just have to realize that its tough for both teams and we have to stick with it." The Canadian icemaking tandem of Hans Wuthrich and Greg Ewasko have had some challenges -- including a contaminated water supply -- in their effort to create top-flight conditions. "You just have to accept that theres going to be some nuances on each sheet," Simmons said. "If you can get control of the game and make the other team play those hard shots, then its obviously a big advantage. "We were able to do that and make him shoot against a few of our rocks the one end (the seventh) and we were lucky enough to get the steal. Yeah, well take it." The Czech Republic, Russia, China and the United States were 1-2 while Denmark and Scotland remained winless at 0-3. The Canadians will play Russia and the Czechs on Monday. Koe won gold in his only previous appearance at the world championship, taking top spot at the 2010 tournament in Cortina DAmpezzo, Italy. Canada has won gold three of the last four world championships. Jeff Stoughton was victorious in 2011 in Regina and Glenn Howard won at Basel, Switzerland in 2012. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen