Wednesday night at Sea Island during a concert

in places to be! Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:22 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

PHILADELPHIA - Martin St. Louis wasnt even drafted as a young player. Now, hes in elite company that includes Wayne Gretzky.The 12-time All-Star reached 1,000 career points with a goal and added an assist, Cam Talbot made 26 saves and the New York Rangers beat the slumping Philadelphia Flyers 3-0 Friday.St. Louis became the sixth undrafted player in NHL history to reach 1,000 points. Gretzky tops that list with 2,857. Adam Oates (1,420), Peter Stastny (1,239), Dino Ciccarelli (1,200) and Joe Mullen (1,063) are the others.I owe it a lot to the people who believed in me and the players I played with, he said. Its a great accomplishment. Im not going to hide my feelings. Im proud of that. Doing it in a win, on a goal, it makes it special.Rick Nash and Dan Boyle also scored for the Rangers (10-8-4), who shut out the Flyers for the second time in nine days. Derek Stepan assisted all three goals.We were able to get some timely goals and when we didnt have a breakdown, we had some big blocked shots or big saves from our goalie, Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said.Philadelphia (8-11-3) dropped to 1-6-1 in its last eight games while getting blanked for the third time in its last six. Boos rained down on the Flyers during the third period.This is a better team than were playing right now and that our record is showing, Flyers general manager Ron Hextall said. We have to get going, no doubt about it. Im not happy with our record and our overall performance.Hextall said he didnt expect any imminent major shake-ups.We have a pretty good hockey team out there, he said. I havent lost any faith in this team, but were not happy, either.The Flyers held a players only meeting after Wednesdays 5-2 loss at Detroit but responded with a similar result. The Rangers had skated to a 2-0 win over the Flyers on Nov. 19. The teams will play in New York on Saturday.Boyles slap shot from the point on the power play gave New York a 1-0 lead just over six minutes into the game. Nash set a screen in front of goalie Steve Mason, who appeared not to see the puck before it zoomed past his stick side high into the net. It was the 20th power-play goal allowed this season by Philadelphia, which entered last in the league on the penalty kill (72.9 per cent).The Rangers took a 2-0 lead 4:04 into the second period when St. Louis scored on a rebound for the 1,000th point of his career.Thats a lot of points, Vigneault said. Hes been a great example throughout his career, and all of his teammates are really happy for him.Nash, who entered second in the NHL in goals scored, tallied his 16th of the season by finishing a 3-on-1 short-handed break 5:30 into the third.Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh, who was returning from a separated left shoulder that had sidelined him since Nov. 1, had an assist on the goal. McDonagh skated up the centre of the ice and passed left to Stepan, who fired across to a wide-open Nash just outside of the crease.Talbot, in his sixth game filling in for starter Henrik Lundqvist, beat the Flyers for the second time this season. Talbot stopped 31 shots in the Nov. 19 win over Philadelphia.It was more of a big team effort, Talbot said. I was back there but a lot shots were from the outside, and the guys did a great job of boxing out and pretty much letting me see every puck.Philadelphia coach Craig Berube didnt fault the effort but said the Flyers need to play with more composure and less frustration.You become frustrated and lose your composure when you stop playing like a team on the ice, Berube said. That doesnt mean this is not a good team or a team that wants to stick together. Right now theyre a little bit lost that way. To get that composure back and get that frustration out of your game you need to go out (Saturday) and play like a team for 60 minutes no matter what.NOTES: A moment of silence was held prior to the game for former Flyers coach Pat Quinn, who died Sunday at the age of 71. . Philadelphia C Chris VandeVelde (lower body) missed his fourth straight game. Tyler Glasnow Rays Jersey . Brad Malone had the other goal for the Monsters (1-1-0), while Elliott chipped in an assist for a three-point night and the games first star. Bryan Lerg also had two assists. Corban Knight and Max Reinhart scored for the Heat (1-1-0), who opened their season Friday with a 5-2 win over the Monsters in Cleveland. Brendan McKay Jersey . - Vince Wilfork has played only two career games in Kansas City. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/486i-yon...sey-rays.html.C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons. Michael Perez Jersey . The Sochi organizing committee said in Fridays statement that the torch relay reached the North Pole on Oct. 19. Russian Polar explorer Artur Chilingarov, who led the mission, lit a special bowl at the North Pole sign. Nick Anderson Rays Jersey . The Indians scored twice in the top of the ninth, getting the go-ahead run on a wild pitch by closer Matt Lindstrom. Axford (0-1) came in seeking his fifth save in as many chances.ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. - Russell Henley has a reminder on his phone that goes off every day at noon to tell him hes the best putter in the world. He didnt need one Friday in the McGladrey Classic.Playing for the first time since Sept. 14 at the Tour Championship, Henley one-putted 10 greens on the Seaside course at Sea Island and tied his personal best on the PGA Tour with a 7-under 63 to take a one-shot lead into the weekend.The 25-year-old from Georgia would not have seen that coming.When he teed off in the morning chill, he opened with a bogey on No. 10 and was simply trying to keep warm. The only 63 on his mind was whether the temperature would get that high. It did, and he got hot with his best club in the bag — the putter.After the first hole, I was just thinking, All right, youve got to hang in there and just be patient and hopefully get something going. And I did, Henley said.He managed to turn a horrible drive into a birdie on the 18th hole at the turn, the start of six birdies over his last 10 holes. That put him at 9-under 131, one shot ahead of Brendon de Jonge (64), Brian Harman (67) and Andrew Svoboda (66).That kept the round going, and then I felt pretty good with my putter, Henley said.Will MacKenzie (68), Mark Wilson (66) and Fabian Gomez (66) were two shots behind. Defending champion Chris Kirk hit his first drive of the round into a hazard and made double bogey, but he recovered with five birdies for a 67 that left him only four shots back.Henley has won in each of his first two years on the PGA Tour, and it was that inaugural win at the Sony Open that brought so much attention to his putting. Hes not suggesting he is the best putter in golf, though it doesnt hurt to tell himself that every day.I would say Im a great putter.dddddddddddd And I think if you want to be a great putter, you have to believe that youre a great putter, Henley said.Thats why he added the phone reminder.I try to just believe in my putting and enjoy putting, and people always tells me Im a great putter, so its pretty easy to keep the confidence going when youre doing that, Henley said. I just wish they would say that about the rest of my game.He doubts they will ever say that about his acoustic guitar.Henley has been fiddling with a guitar since he was a teenager, spent more time with it in college and when he turned pro, and now is at least good enough to fulfil a fantasy. During a friendly bet he won with country singer Darius Rucker, he was able to go on stage with him Wednesday night at Sea Island during a concert and play Wagon Wheel, even singing with him on the chorus.I still cant believe it actually happened, Henley said.More than enjoying just his putting, its key for Henley to enjoy his golf. He did well enough after winning the Honda Classic to advance to the Tour Championship, meaning a hectic end to last season. Henley was worn out and needed the five-week break.I decided to rest and take a few weeks off until I got the itch, Henley said. Im kind of a worthless golfer if Im not excited to play. And I feel like Im excited to play again.DIVOTS: Tournament host Davis Love III had a 68 to make the cut. ... Justin Thomas and Nick Taylor each shot 66 to make the cut on the number at even-par 10. Because 88 players made the cut, there will be a 54-hole cut Saturday. ... Scott Piercy, who missed a big chunk of last season with an elbow injury, had a second straight 67 and was three shots behind. He tied for seventh last week in Las Vegas. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen