Chris Kissock and Kyle Bellamy allowed a combined

in places to be! Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:23 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - American John Isner made short work of his third-round match Wednesday in the Winston-Salem Open, beating Kazakhstans Mikhail Kukushkin 6-1, 7-6 (7-3). Isner, the tournaments top seed and two-time champion, served 17 aces and needed just 68 minutes to oust the 13th-seeded Kukushkin in the final tuneup for next weeks U.S. Open. "It couldve gone a lot quicker," said Isner, who was born in nearby Greensboro, N.C. "I made it tough on myself, which Im not too pleased about because of how I was serving. Still, I played well at the end of the match and Im off in straight sets again, which is nice." The 6-foot-10 Isner broke Kukushkins serve twice and won nearly three-quarters of all points played in the first set, which he completed in just 18 minutes. However, Isner had a tougher time in the second set. While he served 12 aces, he also struggled to finish points against the smaller Kukushkin. "I was putting a lot of pressure on him, and doing the right things," Isner said. "But I got away from that a little bit. Of course, he changed his tactics up, and certainly played better in the second set. It got away from me there a little bit, but I played well at the end." Isner, 12-0 all-time in the tournament, will face seventh-seeded Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic in Thursdays semifinals. Rosol advanced with a 1-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory over 10th-seeded Pedro Andujar of Spain. Also advancing to the quarterfinals were American Sam Querrey, fifth-seeded Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain, Belgian qualifier David Goffin, Polands Jerzy Janowicz, ninth-seeded Yen-Hsun Lu of Taiwan and 14th-seeded Andreas Seppi of Italy. Querrey will play Garcia-Lopez in one quarterfinal match at the Wake Forest Tennis Center. The other pairings have Goffin facing Janowicz and Lu taking on Seppi. In earlier matches, Garcia-Lopez battled through a third-set tiebreaker before beating 11th-seeded Donald Young of the U.S. 6-7 (4-7), 6-3, 7-6 (8-6). Garcia-Lopez overcame a 6-4 deficit in the third tiebreaker by winning four consecutive points to advance to an ATP tournament quarterfinal for the sixth time this year. "The last month in Europe on the clay courts, I was losing a lot of tiebreakers," said Garcia-Lopez, who won his third career ATP Tour title last April in Morocco. "But at the end today, I got lucky. Sometimes the tiebreaker is a lottery, and I got the number. Thats why I won." In other third-round matches, Querrey defeated second-seeded Kevin Anderson of South Africa 7-6 (7-4), 6-4; Goffin extended his winning streak to 25 consecutive matches by beating 15th-seeded Jarkko Nieminen of Finland 6-4, 4-6, 6-4; Janowicz downed 12th-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France 4-6, 6-3, 6-4; Lu beat No. 8 seed Marcel Gransllers of Spain 6-1, 6-2; and Seppi defeated Frances Nicolas Mahut 6-4, 7-6 (9-7). Yu Chang Indians Jersey . Some members of the U.S. Congress arent so sure. They say Russia isnt doing enough to assure that athletes will be protected at the Feb. 7-23 games, happening not far from an Islamic insurgency that Russias huge security apparatus has struggled for two decades to quell. Russia may run greater risks in towns outside the tightly controlled Olympic zone. Suicide bombs last month a few hundred kilometres (miles) away have increased concerns, and an Islamic warlord has urged his followers to attack the Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putins pet project. Dennis Martinez Indians Jersey . The Marlies centre set up three goals, including the game-winner, as Toronto cruised to a 4-1 victory over the Oklahoma City Barons in American Hockey League action. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/1458u...indians.html.ca NHL Power Rankings, finally overtaking the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks, who rank second and third this week. Frank Robinson Indians Jersey .com) - The surprising Calgary Flames host the winless New Jersey Devils at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday. Cody Anderson Indians Jersey . The 21-year-old Canadian earned a spot in his third career ATP final on Saturday thanks to his first Top 10 victory of the new tennis season, a 6-4, 6-4 win over world no. 10 Nicolas Almagro of Spain.After two exhibition games in which the Winnipeg Goldeyes struggled to cash in base runners, Winnipegs bats had no issues harvesting runs Saturday afternoon in Nebraska. Led by home runs from Jake Blackwood and Ray Sadler, the Goldeyes defeated the Lincoln Saltdogs 7-6 Saturday at Haymarket Park. The win moves Winnipegs exhibition record to 3-1 after losing to Lincoln Friday night. The second batter of the game, Blackwood cracked a solo home run to left field to give Winnipeg their first lead of the two-game weekend series at 1-0. After Lincoln fought back with two runs in the bottom of the first inning, the Goldeyes retook the lead in the top of the second inning. With two out, Ryan Pineda and Luis Alen singled. Designated hitter Amos Ramon doubled to score Pineda and Webb followed with a double of his own to plate Alen and Ramon, giving the Goldeyes a 4-2 lead. "They didnt give up on the inning," Goldeyes pitching coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the Jewel 101 post-game show. "A two-out rally hurts the other team, too. You get two quick outs, but youre able to still put three runs on the board. Thats good to see out of your hitters." Winnipeg extended the lead in the top of the fifth inning when Ray Sadler hit a two-out, two-run homme run, putting the Goldeyes up 6-2.dddddddddddd Lincoln replied with a run in the fourth inning off Winnipeg starting pitcher Chris Salamida and then tied game 6-6 when they victimized Kyle Anderson for three runs with two out in the sixth inning. The Goldeyes scratched around the game-winning run an inning later when Alen led off the seventh inning with a single and eventually scored on a Blackwood sac fly. After Anderson, Brendan Lafferty, Chris Kissock and Kyle Bellamy allowed a combined two hits in the last three innings. "Thats exactly what we are looking for out of them," Vermilyea said. "If we get our starters to go six or seven innings, we have the guys in the back end of the bullpen that can shut the door." Anderson earned the win for Winnipeg to improve to 1-0 in exhibition play, while Bellamy earned his first save. The five pitchers took the ball for Winnipeg in the game combined for 10 strikeouts. Ramon led Winnipeg with a three-for-four afternoon at the plate. He also scored two runs and drove in a run. Blackwood, Sadler and Webb all had two RBI. The Goldeyes will finish their exhibition schedule with a pair of games against the Kansas City T-Bones on Monday and Tuesday at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen