rampaged down the left flank

in camera talk Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:46 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

KRASNAYA POLAYNA, Russia - Two hundred metres into the race, Brian McKeever was suddenly on his backside and it appeared his ninth career Paralympic gold medal was slipping away. But he wasnt letting it go without a fight and the Canmore, Alta., cross-country skier, led by guide Graham Nishikawa of Whitehorse, caught up to the pack to win the mens visually impaired sprint at the Sochi Paralympics on Wednesday. Its McKeevers second gold of the 2014 Games and the 12th medal of his illustrious Paralympic career. The 34-year-old also won gold in the 20-kilometre event on Monday. The two Canadians easily advanced to the final where a Russian skier stepped on McKeevers pole, causing him to crash around the 200-metre mark of the one-kilometre race. But McKeever scrambled to his feet and, with the help of Nishikawa, caught up to the rest of the pack. "It wouldnt be right for me to tell you what I said in my head, but once the cuss words were out, the only thing you can do is get back up and race," said McKeever. "I thought we were clear, but that is normal and it happens in sprinting when you are all fighting and tight. Everyone is going flat out. It is intense and everyone is at their limit. We are just fortunate it happened in the first 200 metres and not at the end so we had time to catch up." Meanwhile, alpine sit-skier Kimberly Joines of Rossland, B.C., finished second in the womens slalom although the results are still unofficial after a German skier appealed her disqualification from the first run. A decision is expected Thursday morning. Not including a medal for Joines, Canada has eight medals (two gold, two silver, four bronze) and sits third in the overall tally. Russia has a wide lead with 47 total medals while Ukraine is second with 14. Canadas goal is to finish in the top three in gold medals but is currently in fourth with McKeevers two. Ukraine is third with three while Germany is second with five and Russia leads with 16. Nishikawa admitted he felt a rush of panic when he saw McKeever go down. "It wasnt until we got back up around the Russians and had the Swedes in sight that I felt a huge relief," he said. McKeever credited Nishikawa with getting him the gold. "The snow was so heavy today," he said. "He basically towed me up that hill and ... and gave us a chance. It is not how we planned things, but that was a pretty awesome day." Swedens Zebastian Modin hung on for the silver medal, while Russias Oleg Ponomarev won bronze. Earlier this week, Nishikawa shared guiding duties with Erik Carleton to lead McKeever to his first gold of the 2014 Games. But Carletons name was on the start list so he was the only one to receive a gold medal. Nishikawas performance Wednesday has earned him a gold of his own. "It feels absolutely awesome," said Nishikawa, who races on the able-bodied World Cup circuit. "I said earlier this is a whole new world for me. Im so impressed by everything. This whole experience has been amazing and I just wanted to do whatever I could to be here and help Brian. We have been friends for a long time so this is very special." A handful of other Canadians also competed in the sprint races. Chris Klebl of Canmore qualified for the mens sit-skiing heats but did not advance to the final. Robbi Weldon of Thunder Bay, Ont., along with her guide Phil Wood of Canmore had their day come to an end in the semifinals of the womens visually impaired category, while Paralympic rookie Brittany Hudak of Prince Albert, Sask., did not advance past the womens standing semifinals. In curling, Canada improved to 6-1 and clinched a spot in the semifinals with a 10-4 victory over South Korea. Brusdar Graterol Jersey . Lost to Los Angeles in first round of playoffs. Nelson Cruz Jersey . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. https://www.cheaptwins.com/. -- Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson couldnt hear himself amid the roar in Koch Arena, so he kept stomping on the floor in a fruitless attempt to get his teams attention. Twins Jerseys China . Casey Janssen was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to a strain in his left abdominal area and lower back. Randy Dobnak Jersey . -- The Orlando Magic have made no secret that the future of their franchise will depend on how well they can develop their young players. LONDON -- Manchester City substitutes Jesus Navas and James Milner recovered a 4-2 victory at Fulham on Saturday after the visitors threw away a two-goal lead in a rain-lashed English Premier League encounter. Yaya Toure put City in front with his fourth goal from a free kick this season and captain Vincent Kompany fired in Citys second just before halftime. But five minutes after the break City conceded possession near the Fulham penalty area, and Kieran Richardson completed a rapid counterattack to begin the hosts fightback. In wild, windy conditions on the banks of the River Thames, Fulham was gifted an equalizer in the 69th. Kompany inexplicably sliced the ball past his own goalkeeper Joe Hart, who was recalled after being dropped in league games since October. But Navas restored Citys lead in the 78th when he slotted through goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburgs legs. And City ripped through the Fulham defence again five minutes later as Milner scored to condemn Fulham to an eighth loss in nine league games. While Fulham is next from bottom, City rose provisionally into second place, a point behind Liverpool. "It was a really difficult match because the pitch wasnt good and it was very windy," City manager Manuel Pellegrini said. City can be overtaken by either Arsenal or Chelsea, who play on Monday, but the teams status as the leagues most formidable attack was reinforced here against the most porous defence. While City has a leading-leading 55 goals, Fulham has conceded a high of 32. But away from the Etihad Stadium, City has averaged only a point a game this season, and the intensity from the hosts was greater from the outset. The City defence was easily beaten after 13 minutes, as Adel Taarabt forced Hart into making a fine diving save -- one of several that convinced Pellegrini to retain the goalkeeper for Thursdays match against Liverpool. "At the moment he deserved to play today and he also deserves to conttinue," Pellegrini said.dddddddddddd "When I put (Costel) Pantilimon in the starting XI I spoke with Joe and he understood that he was not in a good moment. "Maybe seven games after, one month after, hes working very hard, and I thought that he deserved another opportunity, and I think he did it well." Citys opener came in the 23rd minute from a set-piece. After Silva was brought down on the edge of the area, Toure curled in a free kick off the underside of the crossbar. City extended its lead in the 43rd. Silvas free kick was met by the unmarked Martin Demichelis at the far post. An initial header was saved well by Stekelenburg, but the ball was pushed straight to Kompany to fire in. "The goals that we concede, from set plays, its not good enough defending, especially the one just before halftime," Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen said. "I was hoping the experience would kick in a bit from some of these players, to steady the ship." That appeared to happen at the start of the second half. Silva was tackled near the Fulham penalty area by Scott Parker, allowing Fulham to surge forward and score. Taarabt rampaged down the left flank past Demichelis who squared into the centre for Richardson to sweep the ball in. City responded by taking off ineffective striker Dzeko, and bringing Navas on, leaving Negredo as the lone striker. But Hart was beaten again, this time by his own player. Sascha Riether whipped a cross into the penalty, and Kompany managed to turn the ball into his own goal. Kompanys blushes were spared, though, by Navas. The winger raced onto Silvas throughball, cut in from the right and slotted through Stekelenburgs legs from a tight angle. And Milner ensured a comfortable conclusion for City, meeting Negredos cross and netting his first league goal of the season. Fulham did not risk playing Dimitar Berbatov after the striker picked up a groin injury in training. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen