baseman there if you never hit

in camera talk Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

REGINA -- Montreal Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo was knocked out of Saturdays game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders with a suspected concussion after a hit from defensive end Ricky Foley. Trailing 7-3 in the third quarter, the Alouettes had moved from their own 37-yard line to Saskatchewans 37 when Calvillo went down. Hed completed four of eight passes for 85 yards at the time of his injury. Calvillo was replaced by Josh Neiswander, who saw his first regular-season action at QB with the Alouettes after signing with them in 2011. Montreals injured list continued to grow before halftime when Brandon London took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Roughriders safety Tyron Brackenridge. Alouettes linebacker Kyries Hebert was sidelined on the same drive after he was kneed in the head by teammate Martin Bedard while covering a punt. Saskatchewan wasnt immune to the injury bug either, as wide receiver Rob Bagg went down just before halftime after appearing to injure his left knee on a routine blocking assignment. Bagg had season-ending surgery last year to repair a torn ACL in the same knee. Domingo Santana Mariners Jersey . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. Dan Wilson Mariners Jersey . Irving played 10 minutes Sunday night before going to the locker room. He had two points and four assists, missing all five of his shots. The All-Star game MVP is the top scorer among Eastern Conference point guards with 21. https://www.cheapmariners.com/2445k-rich...y-mariners.html. Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions . Matt Festa Mariners Jersey . Pillar is batting .305 with 17 extra-base hits, 19 RBI and five stolen bases in 34 games for Buffalo this season. The right-handed hitter had an International League high, 18-game hitting streak this season and currently owns an IL high 26-game on base streak. Omar Vizquel Jersey . - Chris Davis hit a two-run double, scoring Nelson Cruz in his Orioles debut in Baltimores 9-7 win over to the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday.BALTIMORE – Jose Reyes ran the bases while Casey Janssen threw a bullpen session at Oriole Park on Saturday afternoon. Both men are close to being ready to play in minor league rehabilitation games. This is the one time when manager John Gibbons cant wait to see his starting shortstop and his closer leave the team. "The plan is theyre probably going to fly to Florida (on Sunday)," said Gibbons. "I know Reyes will probably start playing a game on Monday. Casey … its probably Monday or Tuesday." Janssen simulated a game situation during his side session. He warmed up like he normally would and then had hitters stand in the batters box to provide a game-like feel. He estimates he threw 35 pitches in total. "I think I threw pretty much as hard as I could without facing a hitter," said Janssen. "There wasnt any holding back or any questioning is it going to hurt type of stuff." While Janssen feels the worst is behind him, including the pain of his abdominal strain, theres still something there, although he struggles to describe it. "I feel stuff," he said. "It doesnt hurt. They say youre going to feel stuff and as long as it doesnt hurt well keep on going forward and thats what Ive been doing. Ive been able to do everything theyve asked me to do to this point and the next part of the progress is a game." Reyes, like Janssen, simulated game situations on the base paths. He reported feeling "good," much the same as when he first ran sprints before Fridays game. The plan, at the moment, is for Reyes and Janssen to play their rehab games for Single-A Dunedin, due to weather concerns surrounding both higher minor league affiliates in Buffalo and New Hampshire. While no firm timetable is set for either players return to the big league team, the Blue Jays have six games scheduled between Minneapolis and Cleveland through to next weekend. The air is still cool in both cities at this time of year. "I dont care about that," said Reyes. "If Im ready to play in Cleveland Im going to play." Dealing with the shift Every time Adam Lind steps into the batters box, he looks up and sees an exaggerated defensive shift to his pull side. Lind wonders if the man sometimes credited with inventing the sport is rolling over in his grave. "They said it in spring training, what would Abner Doubleday think? "He wouldnt even recognize it," said Lind. Very rarely will you see hitters change their approach to deal with the shift, which is typically applied against the dead pull power hitters. If they run into one, theyll elevate the ball but if they hit the ball on the ground, the defence will scoop it up.dddddddddddd "It depends on the pitcher," said Lind. "If its someone that I dont feel, that Im consistently late with then I just try to hit it to the left side." "Sometimes you get them tinkering with it and trying to flip balls the other way, I mean it does you a favour in a lot of ways, it takes them out of what their game is," said manager John Gibbons. "The only thing, we have concerns at times doing it, there are a couple of guys out there that will lay down a bunt on you. They dont have to be good bunters. Say its a tight ball game, leading off an inning, not a one-run game but like a two-run game, you fear somebody might drop it down, it doesnt have to be a good bunt, they beat it out to get an inning going." In the scenario Gibbons just illustrated, youll see the shortstop cheat in on the grass to discourage the bunt. Colby Rasmus is another grip it and rip it left-hander in the Blue Jays lineup. He said in spring training he doesnt like to be considered a dead pull hitter anymore but old habits die hard. It used to be a hitter like Rasmus could get a read on the type of pitch and pitch location based on the defensive alignment but thats out the window with the shift. "I try not to even pay attention to it because then you start thinking about where theyre going to play you, where theyre going to pitch you, thinking maybe theyre going to shift so maybe theyre going to throw me in, thinking that Im just going to hit it into the shift and then they throw you everything away," said Rasmus. Lind says the part of the shift thats affected him most is when the opposition places its shortstop in line with the pitcher behind second base. On Friday night, against Chris Tillman in the second inning, Lind lined out to the shortstop, who positioned himself right where Lind hit the ball prior to the pitch. If its anytime earlier in the at-bat, the ball gets through. Lind understands. "Youve got to do it," he said. "Like, if you show patterns, whats the point of having the third baseman there if you never hit it there?" BB-Bautista Jose Bautista walked three more times on Saturday night, spiking his major league-leading total to 16 on the young season. "Theyre not going to give him anything to hit until Eddie gets going," said manager John Gibbons. "Right now, my guess, theyre going to make Eddie beat them. When he gets going, then its a little bit different." Encarnacion singled in the second inning and went 1-5 on Saturday night. Hes hitting .160 through the first 12 games and is still looking for his first home run of the season. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen