first against a National League

in camera talk Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:46 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

6. If baseball had never been invented, would pine tar exist? As a wood preservative, you say? And to make medicinal soap to treat skin ailments, Im told. The soap you might use if you smear pine tar all over your neck?7. If the New York Islanders give their 2015 first-round draft pick to the Buffalo Sabres as part of the payment for Thomas Vanek, who was later traded to Montreal, and if the Sabres wind up with Conor McDavid or Jack Eichel thanks to the Islanders, might the original Vanek trade from Buffalo to the Islanders have been the worst trade in modern NHL times?8. Jose Bautista tried unsuccessfully to steal third base when the Blue Jays were trailing the Red Sox 5-0. Why?9. I love it loud at rock shows and movie theatres. Why dont I love it loud at an NBA game? Because I might like to talk to the person next to me?10. Until somebody proves me wrong, Im pronouncing the controversial site of the 2022 soccer World Cup "Kotter", because thats how all of my trusted information sources tell me to pronounce "Qatar". I always get it right by remembering Gabe Kaplan and a young John Travolta.11. If Ichiro Suzuki is always referred to as "Ichiro", why do we call Yu Darvish "Darvish" and not "Yu"?12. Has Kyle Lowry ever heard of Bob Baun?13. Did you know that Justin Morneau is batting .351 for the Colorado Rockies? That stat came right out of thin air.14. Will the Columbus Blue Jackets ever understand how they held Sidney Crosby without a goal and why they lost to Pittsburgh?15. Could we agree that the best solution to the problem of baseball games that last too long is Mark Buehrle?16. If any of 29 NHL teams blew a 3-0 series lead, there would be major repercussions. The 30th team is San Jose. Dont you agree that "major repercussions" will fall short of sufficiently explaining the fallout if the Sharks lose to the Los Angeles Kings?17. Dont you love reading box scores? Last week, I saw that Brett Gardner of the Yankees went 0 for 3 and scored four runs.18. Because you cant watch all eight first-round Stanley Cup playoff series, theres always one that you havent seen and know little about, and so, can you tell me if anything interesting has happened between the Rangers and the Flyers?19. When Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce asked for more noise from the fans at the Barclays Center, they didnt mean booing, did they?20. With Ron Francis newly-installed as the Carolina Hurricanes general manager, and as long as Kirk Muller is the Hurricanes head coach, the highest-scoring player among current GMs and among head coaches are with the same team. Has this ever happened before? I guess not, but if you have time to do research that proves otherwise, be my guest, send me the information and I will Pass It On."Question" — Moody Blues Scarpe Lebron James 2019 . Armstrong was given the rank of "Chevalier" -- or Knight -- in the "Legion dHonneur" in 2005, the last year of his seven consecutive Tour de France victories. Scarpe Air Max 97 Scontate . "I was so nervous," Hadley said Sunday after winning the Puerto Rico Open for his first PGA Tour victory. "I did not eat well last night. http://www.airmaxshoponlineitalia.it/. - The Seattle Sounders busy off-season continues with the team acquiring defender Chad Marshall from the Columbus Crew in exchange for a 2015 third-round pick and allocation money. Air Max Shop Online Italia . Russia has spent about $51 billion to deliver the Sochi Olympics, which run Feb. 7-23, making them the most expensive games ever, even though as a winter event it hosts many fewer athletes than summer games do. Air Max Scontate Online . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- After being brushed back, Yoenis Cespedes got payback. One pitch after ducking away from Jonathan Broxtons high-and-inside fastball, Cespedes launched a no-doubt, 433-foot drive to centre field with two outs in the eighth inning, lifting the Boston Red Sox to a 3-2 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night. "A lot of times when pitchers throw high and tight, they think the batter backs off and gets flustered," Cespdes said after the game through a translator. "Thats not how I am. I get more focused." Manager John Farrell pointed out that the eighth-inning, go-ahead homer was Cespedess second in two games, giving Boston back-to-back victories for the first time since a five-game winning streak from July 13-20. Cespedes hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning of Sundays 3-1 win over the Angels. "Broxton stood him up, then he got a fastball out over the plate, and (Cespedes) showed how strong he is," Farrell said. "Im not saying it was intentional." Cespedes hit his 19th homer of the season. He has reached base at least once in all nine games hes played for the Red Sox since they acquired him from Oakland in a trade. Broxtons approach was the same used by the Reds all night, manager Bryan Price said. "I have no regrets about Broxton," Price said. "He went right after (Cespedes). We jammed him the first two times up. We were trying to come inside on him." Tommy Layne (1-0) got the final out of the seventh inning for the win. Broxton (4-1) was the loser. Kojo Uehara pitched the ninth for his 26th save. Boston starter Joe Kelly opened the interleague game with seven straight balls. When he finally threw a strike to Jay Bruce, Billy Hamilton stole second and went to third on catcher Christian p;Vazquezs throwing error.dddddddddddd Kelly walked Bruce, setting up Todd Fraziers RBI single. Devin Mesoraco, who hit a grand slam and two-run homer while setting a career high with six RBIs in Cincinnatis 7-2 win over Miami on Sunday, followed with a run-scoring hit. Mat Latos retired 11 straight batters before Daniel Nava led off the seventh with a double. Xander Bogaerts snapped a 0-for-15 slump with an RBI single. Latos gave up five hits and one run with one walk and five strikeouts in seven innings. Kelly allowed five hits and two runs with three walks and four strikeouts in six innings as the Red Sox improved to 4-3 on their eight-game road trip. LONG DROUGHT Kellys first career stolen base in the third inning was the first by a Boston pitcher since Bill Landis in 1969. CUBAN CONNECTION Cuban RHP Raisell Iglesias, 24, was in Cincinnati on Tuesday for the first time since signing a seven-year contract on June 27. Fellow Cubans and current Reds Brayan Pena and Aroldis Chapman encouraged Iglesias to sign with Cincinnati, he said. UP NEXT Red Sox: RHP Anthony Ranaudo makes his second major league appearance and first against a National League team when he starts at Cincinnati on Wednesday. Reds: RHP Mike Leake makes his second start of the season against Boston on Wednesday. He left with a 3-2 lead but the Reds lost 4-3 at Fenway Park on May 7. TRAINERS ROOM Red Sox: Farrell is pleased with the progress shown by C David Ross and RF Allen Craig as they increase baseball activities. Both have been on the DL since August 2, Ross with right planter fasciitis and Craig with a left foot sprain. Reds: RHP Homer Baileys sore elbow prompted the Reds to push his next scheduled start from Wednesday against Boston to Saturday at Colorado. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen