Blue Jackets while Talbot

in camera talk Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:46 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams stuck out a fist in mock triumph and mouthed Cmon, careful not to push her point too far. The 33-year-old Williams was closing in on her 19th Grand Slam singles title, her 16th straight win over Maria Sharapova and her sixth Australian Open championship when she was docked a point by the chair umpire for hindrance — for yelling in celebration too early when she thought shed hit a service winner. She didnt let that, or another early celebration on match point, or a hacking cough that made her sick, become distractions. Instead, Williams maintained her composure to beat Sharapova 6-3, 7-6 (5) on Saturday night to continue her 100 per cent record in finals at Melbourne Park and move closer to Steffi Grafs record of 22 major titles in the Open era. I got too excited and I hit a great serve ... I didnt expect her to get it back, Williams explained of the hindrance call in the seventh game of the second set. I said, Cmon, a little too soon. I guess theres a rule that you cant do it. So Im fine with it. I moved on very fast to the next point; just tried to stay as focused as I could. The muted fist pump, she said, was just for fun. Im like, Cmon. It just goes to show you I have more fun on the court. I would have never done that three years ago, four years ago, said Williams, who has let similar calls upset her in the past. So I just kind of made a little sarcasm after that. On her third match point, she let her racket go before hearing a let call to what she thought was an ace. I thought, Wow this is it, I did it, only to hear let. I was like, OK Serena! she said. So she fell back on her biggest weapon, firing another ace — her 15th of the set and 18th of the match. This time, after checking it was official, she bounced around like a little child and the celebration was real. Im so honoured to be here and to hold this 19th trophy, Williams said. I didnt think it would happen this fast, to be honest, but it feels really good. Williams, at 33 years and 127 days, became the oldest winner of the Australian womens title in the Open era and moved into outright second place on the list of major winners in the Open era, moving clear of Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova on 18. No. 20 is her next objective, and her next chance is at the French Open. When I think about Paris, I dont think about 20. I just think about winning there, said Williams, who didnt reach a quarterfinal in a Grand Slam between her wins at the 2013 and 2014 U.S. Opens. Still affected by a recent cold, Williams controlled the first set around a rain delay when play was stopped for 13 minutes during the sixth game for the roof on Rod Laver Arena to be closed. Williams came back on court momentarily, but returned to the locker room. I had a really bad cough, I ended up throwing up, Williams said. I think in a way that just helped me — I felt better after that. She returned to court and fired an ace to start a run of six straight points to take the set away from Sharapova. Williams won the first six points of the second set, too, before Sharapova started hitting out. The five-time major winner had 18 of her 21 winners in the second set, and fended off four break points. No. 2-ranked Sharapova saved two match points, including one in the 10th game when she hit a forehand winner down the line, and she calmly held serve twice to stay in the match. In the end, though, it wasnt enough to end a decade-long losing streak to Williams. I havent beaten her in a long time but I love every time I step on the court with her, said Sharapova, who trails 17-2 in career head-to-heads against Williams and hasnt beaten the American since 2004. Ive had some of the best memories of my career on this court and also some of my toughest losses, but thats the life of a tennis player. On the mens side, Fabio Fognini and Simone Bolelli became the first all-Italian team to capture a Grand Slam mens doubles title in more than 50 years after beating French pair Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 6-4. Novak Djokovic has won all four times hes reached the Australian Open final and is aiming to maintain his 100 per cent record when he takes on Andy Murray in Sundays singles final. Fake Balenciaga Shoes .com) - Will Conant booted a 39-yard field goal as time expired and Air Force played spoiler with a 27-24 win over 21st- ranked Colorado State on Friday. Fake Balenciaga Cheap . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. https://www.fakebalenciaga.com/. Then he got back at the team that released him five days before the start of last season, hitting a tiebreaking double in the ninth inning of the first game at Fenway Park since Boston won the World Series last October. Fake Balenciaga 2020 . -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he isnt going to change what he does on the field. Cheap Balenciaga .85 million contract with the two-time Gold Glove outfielder. Parra earned his second Gold Glove last season when he set a club record with 17 outfield assists.COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ryan Johansen returned to the Columbus Blue Jackets just before the start of the season.Cam Atkinson and Nick Foligno couldnt be happier.Atkinson scored twice and Johansens other linemate, Foligno, added a goal and an assist to power the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 5-2 win over the New York Rangers on Saturday night.I think we complement each other really well, Atkinson said of the Johansen-centered line. Obviously, Joey in the middle with that big frame and those skills is a big part of it. Nick and I just try to find space out there.Marko Dano added his first NHL goal and also had an assist for the Blue Jackets, who are 2-0 for the first time in five years. The game was played before a loud, sellout crowd of 18,922.That was awesome, starting with the red-carpet entrance and (there being) so many people out there, said the 19-year-old Slovakian, the 27th overall pick in the 2013 draft. That was a special moment for me, my dad watching the game from the stands. Im really happy he could see the moment when I scored my first goal.Artem Anisimov, like Atkinson, scored for the second game in a row. Fedor Tyutin, a former Ranger, had a +5 plus/minus rating to set a franchise record.Johansen, who ended his lengthy contract holdout and didnt practice until the day before the season began on Thursday, had two assists to give him three total. Scott Hartnell also had two helpers.Former Columbus captain Rick Nash picked up his third goal and Lee Stempniak also scored for the Rangers, who opened the season by splitting two road games.Anthony Duclair had two assists, also his first career NHL points, for the Rangers.With Columbus up 3-1 through two periods, Dano jammed in a rebound of Dalton Prouts shot from the point with just over 6 minutes remaining.Almost immediately, Nash scored his third goal in two games while the crowd booed loudly.Atkinson then closed the scoring with an empty-netter.At the start of the game, the energy was great, Columbus coach Todd Richards said of the raucous turnout.dddddddddddd We did things in the game that will allow us to have success.The capacity crowd had a lot to cheer. Anisimov arrived late to the play but stepped into a one-timer from just outside the left dot to beat backup goalie Cam Talbot 6:24 in. Hartnells blind pass from the left corner set up the shot and Dano collected his first NHL point. He pointed and smiled to his father during the goal celebration.Folignos second effort made it 2-0.He wheeled from the right circle into the slot and put a shot on goal that Talbot blocked. But the rebound bounced back to Foligno, who was on all fours as he shoved it into the net.There were a lot of 50-50 pucks that they got to, Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. Was that because they were quicker than we were? Or that they wanted it more?Stempniak cut the lead in half at 5:43 of the second with a hard wrister from the right circle.But the Blue Jackets boosted the lead back to two goals through the second when Johansen, who signed a three-year, $12-million deal on Monday, whipped a shot on net off a loose puck. Foligno got a stick on it to send it to Atkinson at the doorstep, who tapped it in midway through the period.We were chasing, said New York defenceman Mark Staal. We couldnt get the puck back and when we did we just gave it back to them.Sergei Bobrovsky had 24 saves for the Blue Jackets while Talbot made 19 stops in relief of Henrik Lundqvist for the Rangers.Notes: Nash had tussled with fan favourite Bobrovsky and Matt Calvert in New Yorks 3-1 win the last time the teams met in Nationwide Arena last March. ... During the customary pregame introductions at a home opener, for an instant the Blue Jackets bench was almost as full as the ice with the injured (D Ryan Murray, C Boone Jenner, RW Nathan Horton, C Brian Gibbons and C Brandon Dubinsky) joined by healthy scratches (RW Corey Tropp, D Cody Goloubef and RW Adam Cracknell).___Follow Rusty Miller on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RustyMillerAP ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen