Kris is a unique body-type and a unique skill set

in second hand Camera Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:23 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

\HAMILTON, Ont. -- Head coach Kent Austins staff with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats is staying pretty much intact. Austin unveiled his 2014 staff Wednesday with Marcello Simmons the lone new addition as defensive and special-teams assistant. As well, John Zamberlin will serve as an assistant special-teams coach and U.S. scout after two seasons as the clubs linebackers coach. Jeff Reinebold returns as special-teams co-ordinator and will also serve as linebackers coach. The other returnees include Tommy Condell (offensive co-ordinator, receivers coach), Orlondo Steinauer (defensive co-ordinator), Allen Rudolph (offensive line coach), Corey Grant (running backs coach, offensive quality control), Dennis McPhee (defensive line coach) and James Stanley (defensive backs coach). Austin guided Hamilton to a 10-8 record and second-place finish in the East Division in his first season as the teams head coach and GM. The Ticats defeated Montreal and Toronto in the East Division playoffs before losing 47-23 to Saskatchewan in the Grey Cup. Custom Jerseys .com) - John Wall had 15 points, 12 assists and four steals as the Washington Wizards defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 92-85 on Monday night. Authentic Custom Jerseys . -- Michael Phelps is 0 for 1 in his comeback to the pool. https://www.cheapcustomjerseysonline.com/. Watch the action live on TSN and listen on TSN 1050 Radio beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. The Raptors maintained their spot atop the Atlantic Friday after defeating the Wizards, 96-88, for their second win in a row. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . -- Jake Paterson made 39 saves as the Saginaw Spirit halted the Guelph Storms seven-game win streak with a 6-3 victory on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League action. Custom Jerseys China . The International Ice Hockey Federation says Pavlovs avoided a two-year sanction because he acted "without significant negligence in failing to verify the safety of the supplements he was taking.Kyle Walters and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers appear pleased with their 2014 CFL Draft class, but they now look to the 2013 crop to round out their rookie camp roster. TSN 1290 has learned the Blue Bombers have agreed to a contract with 2013 11th-overall draft pick Kris Robertson. Robertson, a 5-foot-9, 185-pound defensive back out of Concordia, has been working to recover from an ACL injury suffered while training soon after his selection by Winnipeg in the 2013 CFL Draft. "This past year Ive been training like a crazy man — working hard. I want to get back. I want to get on the field," said the 23-year-old while taking in this years CFL Combine as a spectator. "This is the longest Ive been off playing football since I started in Grade 10… This little break is more so a mental barrier than a physical barrier. Im just excited to get back on the field." "Im just gearing up, getting myself a lot stronger. I want to make sure Im above and beyond what I was last year." At the time, Robertson was thought of as a bit of a stretch selection when former Bombers general manager Joe Mack chose him with the second pick of the second round, but his athleticism is hard to ignore. His numbers in the 2013 Montreal regional earned him an invite to the main combine in Toronto, where he tested atop both the vertical and broad jumps, as well as recording a blazing combine-best 4.42 40-time. "Dynamite leaping ability," said Winnipeg general manager Kyle Walters this past March when describing the two-time All-Canadian kick returner. "Kris is not a very big guy, but for a little guy, his athleticism and hes a competitor. Hes like a lot of undersized football players that have had success, they become a real tenacious-type character.ddddddddddddAnd he has that. Obviously his speed is his number one skill set, but hes got an aggression to him for an undersized guy. And hes got a fantastic vertical jump… Hes a really phenomenal athlete and a real tough competitor." Despite being a draft pick of the former Joe Mack regime, Robertson appears to fit in well with what Walters is doing in his new-look defensive backfield. "Kris is a unique body-type and a unique skill set," added Walters. "In hindsight it ended up being a nice fit for him with us potentially moving to a Canadian field corner. Hell be able to compete at a spot where hes got a comfort level." Robertson will compete alongside fellow non-imports Donovan Alexander and Graig Newman, who were signed as free agents in February, as well as Matt Bucknor who was acquired via trade with Hamilton in January, and 2014 fourth-round pick Derek Jones. "Im always optimistic when it comes to these things. I feel Im just ready. After watching them last year — I watched every game — it was upsetting because I feel even though I wasnt a part of the team, I feel Im part of the team. You know, you dont like to lose. I know no one likes to lose. Its upsetting, but I feel with the new coaches coming in and everything, I feel this is a good turnaround. Good things are going to happen, especially with the new acquisitions they got in free agency." "I grab my lunch pail and go to work. Thats the kind of person I am. Ill do anything I can to contribute and bring success to the field, the position, the city of Winnipeg." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen