procedure performed during the

in camera talk Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

LONDON -- Roger Federer had never lost his opening match at the ATP World Tour Finals since the elite tournament moved to London in 2009. Until now, that is. On the back of a chaotic and disappointing season, the former World No. 1 was beaten on Tuesday for the second time in less than a week by defending champion Novak Djokovic 6-4, 6-7 (2), 6-2. The Serb extended his winning streak to 18 matches after capturing his sixth title of the season last week in Paris, where he defeated Federer in the semifinal. Djokovic kept alive his chances of overtaking Rafael Nadal in the race for the year-end No. 1 spot. "It was a big challenge physically," Djokovic said. "Only 48 hours ago I was playing in Paris, so to be able to play this well and beat Roger is incredible. "I have to enjoy the win and then think about the recovery because its a big win. The good thing is, there is a day off. Im going to try and recharge my batteries mentally and physically and get ready for (Juan Martin) Del Potro." Djokovic is attempting to finish No. 1 for the third year in a row but Nadal, who eased past David Ferrer 6-3, 6-2, needs only a win against Stanislas Wawrinka on Wednesday to be guaranteed the top spot. This 31st encounter between Federer and Djokovic -- a remake of last years final -- produced a somewhat disjointed match laced with unforced errors and flashes of brilliant tennis leaving both players looking exhausted toward the end of the match. "Again, I was able to recover from all those matches and actually felt physically somewhat fine," said Federer, who won his last Grand Slam title at Wimbledon in 2012 and has only two victories against top-10 opponents in 2013. "So I regret not having taken my chances better maybe." Federer, the oldest man in the draw at 32, refused to draw early conclusions from a season in which he had back problems and dropped to seventh in the rankings. "The season is not done yet," he said. "Lets talk about this stuff in hopefully four matches." Federer and Djokovic neutralized themselves until the ninth game when the Serb was down 15-30. A double fault gave Federer his first break point, but he sent a forehand wide on the next point. Djokovic then took the next two points to hold his serve. The Serb earned two break points in the next game with a superb backhand return. The cheering from the legion of Swiss supporters packed in the stands didnt help Federer as he fluffed a forehand to lose the set. After rallying from 0-40 to break Djokovic for a 3-2 lead in the second set, Federer dropped his serve in the next game. He double-faulted after Djokovic earned a break point with a backhand that hit the net cord before going over. Serving for the set at 5-4, Federer made another unforced error on his usually reliable forehand to squander a set point. Djokovic seized his chance, sending Federer in the ropes with a stretched crosscourt winner before levelling at 5-5. Federer smashed a ball toward the scoreboard hanging over the court in frustration. Federer kicked back into life in the tiebreak, winning the last five points with a string of beautiful shots that included a backhand volley, a crosscourt winner, and a perfect lob that Djokovic failed to return. Djokovic looked unfazed at the start of the third set to break Federer at love. He then saved a break point to consolidate his lead before taking Federers serve again after a long rally for a 4-1 lead. He sealed the match on his first chance. Despite his easy win, playing indoors will never be ideal for Nadal. The Spaniard has won all four Grand Slam tournaments and the Olympic title in his career but has never triumphed at the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals. "I like the sunshine," Nadal said when asked about the difference between playing indoors and outdoors. "The feeling on the ball, on your racket, is different" when playing indoors, Nadal said. "All of these small things that make you feel a little bit strange." The conditions didnt seem to bother him Tuesday as he beat fellow Spaniard Ferrer 6-3, 6-2 on the indoor court at Londons O2 arena. "Im happy. The court is in perfect condition here," Nadal said. "Its a good start for me, positive one." Nadal came close to winning the event in 2010 when he lost in the final to Federer. He didnt play last year because of a knee injury that kept him away for seven months before his successful comeback in February. The 13-time Grand Slam champion traded early breaks with Ferrer and then began dictating play from the baseline, forcing Ferrer into errors. Nadal converted six of seven break points, and Ferrer had 33 unforced errors. "He arrived a little bit tired after playing the final (in Paris)," Nadal said. "I played with a little more calm than the other day (against him)." Nadal earned his 21st win in 26 matches against Ferrer, but only his first indoors. Nadal and Ferrer play in Group A, along with Stanislas Wawrinka, who beat Tomas Berdych in his opening match on Monday. Djokovic and Federer are in Group B with Juan Martin del Potro and Richard Gasquet. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic .com) - The Miami Heat stopped a four-game losing streak last time out and thats the same length slide their opponents Wednesday night, the Denver Nuggets, will try to halt when the two teams meet at the Pepsi Center. Stitched Soccer Jerseys .com) - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is set to return Tuesday against Nashville after sitting out the past two games because of a minor upper body injury. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/. LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. Fake Soccer Jerseys . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys . "Today was a very great day for me. It was always my dream to be good in GS," Wierather said. "I took quite a long time to get there. It feels awesome to have my first win (in GS)." Wierather leads overall with 595 points from Lara Gut (568), who finished second, and Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany (535).(SportsNetwork.com) - The Calgary Flames are 15 points out of a playoff spot in the West, but they showed they arent a team to be taken lightly when they slammed the visiting Anaheim Ducks by a 7-2 score on Wednesday. Although Anaheim has been struggling lately, the Ducks still entered Wednesdays game as the top team in the Pacific Division only to get routed by the Flames. Mikael Backlund scored twice and added an assist to lead Calgary in the surprising blowout victory. Mark Giordano notched a goal and an assist, while Mike Cammalleri, T.J. Galiardi and Ladislav Smid each scored once to help the Flames halt a brief two-game slide. Corban Knight capped the scoring with his first NHL goal and Joni Ortio backstopped the victory with 20 saves. "I thought that we just matched their intensity right from the start," Calgary head coach Bob Hartley said. "We caught a couple of breaks that we deserved because we created them. Two shorthanded goals, a power play goal, it was pretty fun to watch our guys go." The Dallas Stars, one point ahead of the Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card spot in the Western Conference, also toppled the NHL-leading Ducks this week. When the Stars and Flames collide Friday night at the American Airlines Center, Calgary aims to avoid a season series sweep while the Stars look for a fourth straight victory. The Stars hope to win another one for Rich&nnbsp;Peverley, who collapsed shortly after completing a shift in the first period of Mondays scheduled home game against Columbus.dddddddddddd That contest was ultimately postponed after Peverley was successfully treated for a "cardiac event" and sent to a local hospital. The 31-year-old forward was released from the hospital on Wednesday when it was also announced Peverley will miss the rest of the season. Peverley had a procedure performed during the preseason to correct an irregular heartbeat and will undergo another operation to deal with the issue in the near future. Peverley, who was acquired from Boston last summer in the trade that brought Tyler Seguin to Dallas, is fourth on the Stars this season with 30 points on seven goals and 23 assists. With No. 1 netminder Kari Lehtonen sidelined with a head injury, Tim Thomas expects to start again on Friday. Thomas was acquired in a trade with Florida before the trade deadline and the 39-year-old veteran is 2-1-1 with a 1.72 goals against average in four career games against Calgary. Dallas has won three straight and five of its last six home games and is 18-10-6 as the host this season. Dallas has claimed three straight and six of the last nine meetings in this matchup overall and Calgary has dropped two in a row and four of five in Big D. The Flames will try to halt a two-game road losing streak tonight in Dallas. Calgary is just 11-17-4 as the guest this season. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen