overall pick has been injury prone

in camera talk Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears and Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall agreed to a three-year contract extension through the 2017 season on Monday. Marshall announced on Twitter that the extension is worth $30 million and that hes donating $1 million to the "mental health community." He signed the deal during an appearance on ABCs "The View" talk show. In 2011, Marshall disclosed that he had been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Marshall has a history of off-field problems, but the Bears have had no complaints. In two seasons in Chicago, Marshall has been selected to the Pro Bowl twice and ranked second in the NFL during that time in receptions (218), fourth in receiving yards (2,803), fifth in touchdown receptions (23) and tied for second in 100-yard receiving games (13). General manager Phil Emery did not indicate that an extension was imminent during an interview with WSCR-AM 670 Monday morning but had high praise for his star receiver. "A great player," he said. "Obviously a player wed like to have here for the long term. He is healthy. He feels great." The extension for Marshall is just the latest move in a busy off-season for the Bears. Most of their energy has focused on overhauling a defence that ranked among the leagues worst after they missed the playoffs for the sixth time in seven years. They let Julius Peppers go and signed Jared Allen, replacing one accomplished pass rusher with another, and addressed every other area on that side. But they havent ignored the offence, either. They locked in quarterback Jay Cutler with a seven-year contract after the season and now have his favourite target in the fold for four more years. Marshall has basically set the standard for Chicago receivers since his arrival from Miami in a trade. His 118 receptions in 2012 and 100 last season are the top two totals in franchise history, and with the emergence of Alshon Jeffery (1,421 yards) last season, the Bears have one of the best receiving tandems in the league. Nike Vapormax 97 Cheap . The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B. Brand Name Shoes Wholesale China . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.brandshoescheaponline.com/. General Manager Sam Presti said the three-time All-Star had knee swelling that would not subside, and the procedure was intended to solve the problem. He said doctors determined that a loose stitch was to blame for the swelling, that Westbrooks lateral meniscus has healed properly and the procedure was successful. Balenciaga Triple s Cheap .Leicester won 25-21 in a heated European Rugby Champions Cup group match on Sunday.Toulon said on its website on Wednesday that it decided to open an investigation after Leicester complained about the behaviour of prop Martin Castrogiovanni and fullback Delon Armitage. Yeezy Boost 350 V3 For Sale . -- The Kelowna Rockets earned their 16th straight win with a 7-2 rout of the Portland Winterhawks in Western Hockey League action Thursday.CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers rang in 2014 with some encouraging news: Kyrie Irvings left knee is only bruised. The All-Star guard did not sustain structural damage Tuesday against the Indiana Pacers and is not expected to miss any significant time. An MRI revealed a bruise, the team said Wednesday in a statement. Irving will have treatment, get continued evaluation and is listed as questionable for Clevelands game on Thursday night at home against Orlando. "Scary moment but Ill be good," Irving said on his Twitter account. "Thanks for everyones support and concern." The Cavs were shaking when Irving fell awkwardly and had to be helped off the floor in the third quarter against the Pacers. He was examined by a team doctor and returned to play the final minutes as the Cavs lost their sixth straight, 91-76. Following the game, Irving said he felt a "pop" in his knee and was concerned his injury was serious. "I thought the worst happened," said Irving, who is averaging 22.dddddddddddd6 points per game in his third NBA season. "I felt something pop in my knee. When I came back in, my left knee is pretty weak right now. I was falling all over the place. I didnt have my legs under me. It was a painful experience." The former No. 1 overall pick has been injury prone since coming into the NBA. Irving missed 38 games in his first two seasons with a variety of injuries, including a broken nose, fractured jaw, broken finger, sprained knee and shoulder, and concussion. Irving played in only 11 games as a freshman at Duke because of a foot injury, and he broke his hand after his rookie season when he slammed a padded wall during a summer league practice in Las Vegas. Irving set a goal to play in all 82 games this season, and hasnt missed one yet. The Cavs will likely take a cautious approach with Irving and may sit him for a game or two. Cleveland hosts the Magic on Thursday, plays at Brooklyn on Saturday and hosts the Pacers on Sunday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen