when he caught 13 passes for 208 yards and a touchdown

in places to be! Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:46 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

BRIDGEND -- Bernhard Langer won his second Senior British Open championship on Sunday, finishing a record 13 strokes clear of Colin Montgomerie of Scotland for his third senior major title. The German added a closing 4-under 67 Sunday at sunny Royal Porthcawl to his earlier rounds of 65-66-68 for an 18-under 266. Langers 13-stroke win is the largest margin of victory in a senior major, beating Hale Irwins 12-stroke win in the Senior PGA Championship in 1997, while he almost doubled Bob Charles record of seven strokes in the British event, set at Turnberry back in 1989. Langer won the 2010 Senior British Open at Carnoustie and lost in a playoff last year at Royal Birkdale. He also won the Senior Players Championship last month. Montgomerie shot 2-under 69 to finish at 5-under 279 after starting with a share of seventh place. Tom Pernice Jr. of the United States, Barry Lane of England and Rick Gibson of Canada were three further shots back, tied for third on 2-under 282. "The golf course is unbelievably tough," Langer said. "To have this weather for four days is unreal, its like playing in Florida with a bit of wind. "The secret was I didnt make too many mistakes and my driver was very good and my long putting was excellent, although not quite today as I was lacking a little. Perhaps my lead was too big." While the stiff breeze sent many scores soaring, Langer displayed the same immaculate control that saw him lead throughout, going into the final day eight strokes ahead of Gibson. At the turn Langer had stretched his lead to 13, going out in 3-under 32 to Gibsons 2-over 37. Langer birdied both the second, when he holed from eight feet, and the third from five feet. He dropped a shot at the fourth when his approach only reached the front edge and he putted up to three feet and missed. He left his eagle putt at the long sixth on the lip, then bagged his fourth birdie at the seventh. He moved 14 clear when Gibson had a bogey at the 10th, but then Langer missed his par putt at 11, in what was only his fifth bogey of the week. Langer claimed his fifth birdie of the day at the short No. 12, then posted five straight pars before finding the final green in two and two-putting for a closing birdie, his 23rd of the tournament. Montgomeries closing 69 saw him win what he called "the other competition." He dropped two strokes early on but then birdied the sixth and eighth to be level at the turn. He parred seven holes on the run from Nos. 9 through 16 before birdies at the last two to move clear of the rest of the chasers. Gibson, second overnight, struggled on the final day, closing with a 4-over 75 while Pernice and Lane shot 70 and 72 respectively. Americans Bob Tway (76) and Scott Dunlap (75) shared sixth place on level par 284, one ahead of Argentinas Miguel Angel Jimenez (68) and Kirk Triplett (70) of the United States. Tom Watson and Fred Couples struggled on the final day. Watson posted a 6-over 77 with fellow American Couples one worse, to finish on 286 and 288 respectively. Watson finished in a share of 10th alongside countryman Russ Cochran. Couples was tied for 13th. Wholesale Custom Jerseys .Y. - Matt Harvey wants to make sure hes on the mound in late October — if the New York Mets get there for the first time since 2006. Authentic Custom Jerseys . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies. https://www.cheapcustomjerseysonline.com/. With the Nets winning streak in jeopardy, Williams scored 23 points, 11 in the final six minutes, to lead Brooklyn to a 104-99 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. Custom Jerseys China . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right. Custom Jerseys Cheap SAN FRANCISCO -- While chatter has swirled about Jim Harbaughs future with the 49ers in recent weeks, wide receiver Anquan Boldin has secured his status in San Francisco -- and even credited the coach for his decision to come back. The franchise gave him a few million other reasons, too. The 49ers signed Boldin to a two-year, $12 million contract with $9 million guaranteed Monday, keeping quarterback Colin Kaepernicks top option from last season and one of Harbaughs favourites from hitting free agency. "Hes a guy I had a real good relationship with," Boldin said about Harbaugh on a conference call with reporters. "Me and him were able to talk about anything. And I just like his demeanour, the way he approaches the game. Hes a guy that wants to win. Im the exact same way. So I think we mesh pretty good." Boldin, who was set to become a free agent next week, led San Francisco with 85 catches for 1,179 yards to go with seven touchdowns last season. He was traded from John Harbaughs Ravens to the 49ers in the off-season for a sixth-round pick after helping Baltimore win the Super Bowl. While the salary cap strapped Ravens failed to make the playoffs, the 49ers finished 12-4 during the regular season -- in part because Boldin filled the void created by an off-season torn right Achilles tendon that sidelined Michael Crabtree for the first 11 games. Boldins performances earned him the Bill Walsh Award, given to the team MVP by the coaches. Boldins deal locked up one of San Franciscos top off-season priorities and briefly quieted the questions about Harbaughs future with the 49ers after reports surfaced in recent weeks about the team fielding trade offers for the coach from the Cleveland Browns, a possible rift with general manager Trent Baalke and even problems with players. Boldin said he doesnt pay much attention to NFL news in the off-season because hes focused on his family and charitable foundation and "at this time of year, people grab at whatever." But he admitted hed been following the Harbaugh saga. "When I did hear about it, I kind of laughed," Boldin said. "I dont think anybody in our locker room has an issue with coach Harbaugh..dddddddddddd The way our locker room is built, we have an open-door policy. If anybody has a concern or wants to voice their opinion, theyre more than welcome to. "There have been times when we have voiced our concerns as players, and coach Harbaugh has listened to us and taken into consideration how we felt as players. So I dont think theres any rift between players and coaches, particularly coach Harbaugh." Boldins return to San Francisco was not all that surprising. Harbaugh said at last weeks NFL Scouting Combine that the franchise was determined to re-sign the wide receiver, and Boldin had repeatedly said he wanted to come back. The sides hashed out the deal before Boldin could become a free agent for the first time in his 11-year career. "We are pleased that Anquan has chosen to continue his career as a 49er," Baalke said in a statement. "He is a consummate professional whose love and respect for the game provide a tremendous example for all players. Anquan has been a very productive player throughout his career and we look forward to his future contributions to our team and community." Boldins transition to the 49ers seemed seamless. Boldin, now 33 years old, was at his best in his debut for San Francisco when he caught 13 passes for 208 yards and a touchdown in a 34-28 win over Green Bay. He then capped his season with his second-best game with nine catches for 149 yards and a score in a Week 17 win over Arizona that clinched the fifth seed for San Francisco. In three playoff games, Boldin had 16 catches for 227 yards and a touchdown. The 49ers lost in the NFC title game to the eventual Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks. Boldin, drafted by Arizona in the second round out of Florida State in 2003, played seven seasons for the Cardinals and three for the Ravens. The three-time Pro Bowler has 857 receptions for 11,344 yards and 65 touchdowns in his career, which he believes is far from finished. "Physically, I feel fine," he said. "I feel as if I can play five more years. So thats not a problem for me. I feel great. But well see how it goes." AP Sports Writer Janie McCauley contributed to this story. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen