and clipped Baxter in

in camera talk Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:11 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

FALL RIVER, Mass. -- The New England Patriots will turn over hundreds of pages of personnel records to lawyers for former tight end Aaron Hernandez but object to producing scouting reports and a psychological assessment, a team lawyer said Wednesday. Patriots attorney Andrew Phelan said at a hearing in Fall River Superior Court the team has agreed to produce 317 pages of materials sought by the defence, including medical and training records. But the team objects to turning over nine pages of scouting reports, which Phelan said contain proprietary "trade secrets." He also said they are irrelevant. Phelan said the Patriots have offered Hernandezs lawyers the option of reviewing -- but not copying -- what he described as a 1 1/2 page summary of the psychological assessment. Thats all the team has, according to court filings. The team says the defence should seek to obtain the full report from the third party that produced it, which specializes in providing character and mental assessments for professional sports organizations. Phelan accused the defence of being on a "fishing expedition." Hernandez, 24, has pleaded not guilty to murder in the June 2013 shooting death of Odin Lloyd, a former semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandezs fiancee. Lloyds bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial area not far from the ex-players Massachusetts home. Prosecutors say Hernandez orchestrated the killing because he was upset with Lloyd for talking to some people with whom Hernandez had problems at a nightclub a few days earlier. Hernandezs attorneys last month asked a judge to approve a subpoena to compel his former employer to turn over all the records in his personnel file, saying they may contain important information about his state of mind. "State of mind is critical," defence attorney Michael Fee told a judge Wednesday. "This is not a fishing expedition. Were not on a lark." He said the scouting reports may contain exculpatory information about "prior bad acts" allegedly committed by Hernandez before he joined the Patriots in 2010, including while he played football at the University of Florida. Fee called the offer to merely look at the psychological profile summary "a dodge and a feint," saying the document is part of the personnel file and that the defence is entitled to it. Hernandez has agreed to the files release. He was released by the Patriots on the day of his arrest last summer. The judge did not hear arguments on the merits of the subpoena request but set a hearing for July 22. Hernandez attended Wednesdays proceeding but did not address the court. Afterward, he was transferred to a new jail in Boston after his attorneys earlier request for a move -- to be closer to them -- was approved. Suffolk County Sheriff Steven W. Tompkins said Hernandez, who is being held without bail, will be treated like any other inmate. He said Hernandez will undergo an initial assessment before its determined whether hell be placed in the general population or isolation. Hernandez has also pleaded not guilty in a separate case in which hes charged with killing two men in Boston in 2012. Paul George Scarpe Nasa . -- Ben Bishop had a milestone game against one of the NHLs greatest goalies. Nike Air Max 95 Offerte Uomo .Hoffenheim forward Anthony Modeste opened the scoring on a counterattack in the 15th minute, shooting though Jaroslav Drobnys legs after Lewis Holtby lost the ball in midfield. http://www.airmaxshoponlineitalia.it/sco...mes-outlet.html. - Dominika Cibulkova erased three match points in the second set Wednesday and beat Agnieszka Radwanska 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3 in the quarterfinals of the Sony Open. Air Max Outlet Italia . Coach Randy Carlyle didnt know the severity of Bozaks injury. Bozak left the bench and went down the tunnel early in the second period, returned to play a handful of shifts and then did play in the third. Air Max Shop Online Italia . - Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard has signed with WME-IMG, saying the sports management powerhouse will help maximize the value of my brand.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, Been reading your column for bit now and I had a question on the Penguins vs. Panthers game over the weekend. Just wondering about the incident where Floridas Willie Mitchell swung Kris Letangs helmet at him in a fight and didnt receive any extra minutes for it? At the very least, he shouldve gotten an additional two minutes shouldnt he? Im surprised he didnt get tossed or get a 10-minute misconduct. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks, Paul Larocque Paul: A five-minute match (Rule 21) should have been imposed on Willie Mitchell for swinging a helmet at the unprotected head of Kris Letang. The action by Mitchell was a clear attempt to injure his opponent. It was only through the distance of separation created by the intervention of the two linesmen that Mitchells attempt became a swing and a miss at Letangs head. Instead, the deliberate blow accidentally struck the Linesman in the shoulder or arm. A match is the most severe penalty in the book that a referee can impose. Beyond expulsion from the game and the five-minute penalty to the offending players team, a match penalty carries an immediate suspension until the Commissioner has ruled on the issue. In this case, no further action would have been imposed against Mitchell by the Player Safety Committee. If nothing else, a match penalty would have been the correct penalty assessment in the game by the officials. The referee closest to the Letang-Mitchell fight (and most responsible for observing this altercation) was preoccupied with the secondary dustup that was taking place near the net. From a position the ref assumed between the two altercations he attempted to verbally command players near the net to cease and desist while the Linesmen were involved elsewhere. In doing so, the ref turned his back on the main event and did not observe the helmet swing by Mitchell. The linesmen are allowed to report to the referee any infraction worthy of a match penalty. Derek Amell and Andy McElman, two excellent veteran linesmen, were wrestling in close quarters with Mitchell and Letang and most likely did not realize the full extent of Mitchells actions until they might have seen a replay of the incident. Swinging a helmet at a players head goes well beyond the normal and accepted conduct in a fight to attempt to inflict punishment on an opponent (use of fists). It is akin to Rule 51.3 which calls for a match penalty to be imposed against a goalkeeper who uses his blocker to punch an opponent in the head or face in an attempt to injure or to deliberately injure an opponent. Willie Mitchell was fortunate not to incur a match penalty - Kris Letang was perhaps most fortunate the swinging helmet did not catch him in the head. As we move into the Christmas break, I want to share a couple of similar situations where I imposed match penalties. When I signed my first NHL contract in 1973, I was sent to the Western League for the playoffs that season as part of my development. Maintaining control of games during that era was a difficult task for every referee. Bench clearing brawls often occurred and the violence associated with them could be scary. In the Western Conference Final, the New Westminster Bruuins were battling the Calgary Centennials.dddddddddddd The Bruins were a real tough team to work and had future NY Ranger captain Ron Greschner on defence recording 103 points and 170 penalty minutes that season. Reg Duncombe led the Bruins in penalty minutes with 369, but several other players followed just under the 200-minute mark. I worked every second game in the series, alternating with my friend and NHL colleague Charlie Banfield. The benches emptied in every game at least once and sometimes twice as was the case in one game I worked in the Calgary Corral. The second brawl started when the linesmen were engaged with two players and I saw big Harold Phillipoff (63-220 lbs) go after Danny Gare (59-175 lbs), the star player for Calgary and future 50-plus goal scorer with the Buffalo Sabres. I felt the need to quickly intervene to prevent what appeared to be a David versus Goliath matchup, given Phillipoffs huge advantage in size (Harold was selected in the first round of the 1976 NHL Draft; 10th overall by the Atlanta Flames). My adrenalin was pumping as I grabbed both players with a twisted grip to the front of their jerseys and proceeded to read Phillipoff the riot act. Big Harold was looking right through me and didnt respond to a word I said. I was able to contain the big guy only so long until I got arm weary. Phillipoff reached down and across me, unbuckled Gares helmet and yanked it off the Calgary players head by the chin strap. In one swift motion Phillipoff swung the helmet down below his waist and came right over the top with a hard swing at Gares head. The crazy thing is that Gares helmet landed right back on his head the exact same way it came off and in perfect position. At this point all I could do was let them have it and hope that Gare could handle himself. What an understatement as Danny Gare kicked the snot out of his bigger but younger opponent. Phillipoffs face was a bloody pulp and I assessed him a match penalty for attempting to injure Gare with the helmet swing. Another incident where a player was in the giving spirit occurred in a 1981 game at the Montreal Forum between the Habs and the Pittsburgh Penguins in late November. Montreal enforcer Chris Nilan and Penguins tough guy Paul Baxter were seated in the penalty box following dustup. In those days there was little or even no glass petition to separate players in the penalty box other than a table occupied by the game timekeeper and public address announcer. The pucks were kept cold in bucket of ice inside the Montreal penalty box. Knuckles reached into the bucket of pucks and fired a missile at Baxter. To the best of my best recollection the puck ricocheted off the side glass and clipped Baxter in the head but didnt cause any damage. A match penalty for attempt to injure resulted in a three-game suspension to my good friend Chris Nilan. Incidents of this nature, including the recent helmet swing by Willie Mitchell, move beyond a minor infraction. Instead, they must be regarded for what they are (an attempt to injure) and penalized appropriately with a match. Once the correct penalty is assessed on the ice it is then up to the Player Safety Committee to make a responsible determination if the act warrants a suspension. I wish everyone a very merry and blessed Christmas with family and friends. Cmon Ref will return on Dec. 29. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen