and theyre communicating well

in places to be! Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

Canadian Way is not a new mantra for Hockey Canada. It is a method for helping players understand whats necessary to be part of Team Canada so that both the team and the individual can achieve success. And this applies to all the things celebrated in Canadian Hockey - team play, unselfishness, sacrifice, commitment, skill development and following the game plan to name but a few. They just completed the Under-17 Development Camp which brought 108 players from across Canada - the beginning of the process for players as they prepare themselves to compete for Canada on the international stage. And Canadian Way was emphasized throughout the camp in every imaginable form. Canadian Way is not only followed in Canada, but has proven to be a model for other countries to emulate in various shapes and ways. Tim Speltz - the long-time general manager of the WHLs Spokane Chiefs whos part of Team Canadas Under-18 management group - has employed many a successful coach. That includes Stanley Cup champion and two-time Olympic gold medal-winner Mike Babcock along with 2008 Memorial Cup champion and newly-hired Carolina Hurricanes head coach Bill Peters. What many dont know is that Tim also hired Rikard Gr?nborg. Rikard was with the Chiefs in 2004-05, but is now the head coach of Swedens world junior team. He was an assistant coach when Sweden won gold in Calgary in 2012 and was also an assistant on Swedens silver medal team at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. To paraphrase Tim, Rikard felt that the Swedes had to find a way to improve their game in the very hard and demanding areas - along the boards and in and around the net. Without the ability to compete strongly in these areas, it would be very difficult for Sweden to be successful against teams that exhibited these qualities. And Sweden has produced excellent players for a long time. But now when they enter international competition, they are always among the favorites because they have developed qualities and attributes that are important to team success. The Under-18 team competes at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup every August and this is the 24th year that Canada has competed at this tournament - winning 18 gold medals, two silvers and one bronze. This includes a streak of six consecutive gold medals and nine in the past ten years. The only other team to win gold during that span is Sweden. That said, Canadian Way has certainly traveled around the world. And we know the world has influenced Canadian Hockey as well, so when you watch any game between Canada and Sweden, know that Canadian Way will be on display not only by the Canadian players but also by their opponent. Success ultimately breeds imitation and as we know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Craig Button is TSNs Director of Scouting, producing rankings and analysis of the top players eligible for the NHL Draft. He started in the NHL with the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars and became Director of Player Personnel, helping lead them to a Stanley Cup in 1999. He also served as Vice President and GM of the Calgary Flames and later joined the Toronto Maple Leafs as a scout. Craig is covering the Ivan Hlinka tournament in Slovakia and the Czech Republic this week and his daily reports can be seen on SportsCentre and on TSN.ca. Wholesale Shoes . Now he has a complete game. Scherzer tossed a three-hitter in his 179th career start for his first complete game and Victor Martinez hit his 16th homer to lead the Detroit Tigers a 4-0 win over the Chicago White Sox. Wholesale Shoes From China . -- The Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets will forever be tied together for making the same spectacular misjudgment on budding NBA sensation Jeremy Lin. https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/. -- With Tony Allen back, the Memphis Grizzlies were able to turn up their defence pressure and hold off the Los Angeles Clippers down the stretch. Wholesale Shoes Cheap .com) - Rajon Rondo turned in a game-high 21 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists as Dallas claimed a 102-98 win over the Lakers on Friday. Wholesale Shoes USA . Cammalleri suffered a concussion in the Flames 2-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. The 31-year-old forward did not travel with the team to Carolina.REGINA -- It didnt take much time for Brett Swain to feel comfortable in a Saskatchewan Roughriders jersey -- about 15 minutes, in fact. The rookie slotback hauled in two touchdowns Saturday to help lead the defending Grey Cup champs to a 21-17 victory over the Ottawa Redblacks in a CFL pre-season contest at Mosaic Stadium. "I just had no idea what I was about to get myself into," Swain said. "The possessions and being on and off the field and not being able to make adjustments and doing everything on the run a I think I got used to all of that by the second quarter." Thats when veteran quarterback Darian Durant entered the game. Durant orchestrated a 91-yard scoring drive with his first possession, one that was capped with an 18-yard touchdown pass to Swain to give the Riders a 14-10 lead. Swains second touchdown of the game came on the Riders second offensive possession of the second half. Rookie quarterback Adam Weber found Swain for a four-yard touchdown strike, one that swelled Saskatchewans lead to 21-10. "I think (Swain) looked great," Durant said. "He has had a great camp and he has done a good job of learning the system and getting on the same page with the quarterbacks. I think hes going to have a role with us and I look forward to working more with him moving forward." With the departure of all-star slotback Weston Dressler to the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs and the retirement of the CFLs all-time leading receiver Geroy Simon, the Roughriders have a couple of holes to fill within their receiving corps. Swains debut with the Green and White should earn him more playing time in Saskatchewans second exhiibition contest on Friday against the visiting Edmonton Eskimos.dddddddddddd "I had a couple balls come my way and I made the most of them," said the six-foot, 200-pound Swain. "It was a slow start for me a still getting acclimated to the game, but I feel a lot more comfortable and I gained a lot of confidence today. Im excited to come in here and watch the game film and learn where I can improve." The Redblacks, on the other hand, have more than just a couple of roster vacancies. "You can see that (the Roughriders) are definitely in a rhythm and theyre communicating well and are all on the same page," said Ottawa quarterback Henry Burris, who was 5-for-6 passing for 40 yards in limited time. "Thats where were trying to get to. We have a lot of guys competing for jobs. "Other teams are just trying to plug a few holes. Were trying to put the whole kit and caboodle together here. We have a good idea of what we have, but we need to all be singing from the same sheet of music." Chevon Walker scored the Redblacks first touchdown, a one-yard plunge, which was set up thanks to Jamill Smiths 77-yard punt return to Saskatchewans two-yard line. Justin Palardy then booted a 44-yard field goal and the expansion Redblacks owned a 10-0 lead midway through the first quarter. Thomas Demarco played under centre for much of the second half for Ottawa and completed 4-of-7 pass attempts for 97 yards. His lone touchdown strike came on a 60-yard pass-and-run with receiver Travon Patterson in the third quarter. The Redblacks will visit the Montreal Alouettes on Friday, their second and final exhibition game. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen