ESPN and everyone in the sports world

in places to be! Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:18 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

NEW YORK -- Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said Sunday he wont contest a fine of more than $2,800 for squirting water from the bench at Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban in the final minute of Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. "I obviously got caught up in the moment," Thornton said on an offday at the TD Garden. "Im sorry that this silly incident kind of overshadowed how my teammates played and the great win and how good this series has been. "Theres definitely more important things that we can focus on." The Bruins were leading the Canadiens 4-2 in the final minutes Saturday night when Subban skated past the Boston bench with the puck. Thornton squirted water at the Montreal defenceman, hitting him in the face shield. Angered, Subban approached the bench and exchanged words with Thornton. He then went to complain to the referee. "Somebody sprayed water on my visor at the end of the game. I couldnt see out of half of it," Subban said after the game, acknowledging the incident, while annoying, did not affect the outcome. "I dont want it to be bulletin board material." Boston held on to win the game 4-2 and take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Bruins need a victory Monday night in Montreal to eliminate the Canadiens and avoid a decisive seventh game in Boston on Wednesday. The fine of $2,820.52 is the maximum allowed under the leagues collective bargaining agreement with the union. The money goes to the players emergency assistance fund. Bruins coach Claude Julien said he didnt approve of Thorntons behaviour and let him know. "As a coach, you always want to support your players but theres certain things you cant support," Julien said Sunday. "I dont think I can support Shawn on those actions. "To me, I dont think we like seeing our players do that. Now whether he got caught up in the game or whatever, to me hes got to own up to it." At the Canadiens training centre in Brossard, Que., coach Michel Therrien seemed satisfied with the fine. "What are you going to do?" he said with a shrug. "Thats not something we appreciate, thats for sure." China Jerseys Cheap . Sources tell TSN that union executives travelled to select CFL cities Monday to open dialogue with players and answer questions. After the tentative deal was reached Saturday night, several players posted messages of frustration and disappointment on social media - and that carried over into Sunday on both the web and the field. Fake China Jerseys .9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins. https://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/.C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night. China Jerseys Wholesale .J. -- While Martin Brodeur wasnt willing to say he stole one for the New Jersey Devils against the Columbus Blue Jackets, almost everyone else was. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- The Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with reliever Brandon Lyon that includes an invitation to their big league camp for spring training.Bristol, CT (SportsNetwork.com) - Stuart Scott, a longtime anchor at ESPN, died Sunday morning after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 49 years old. Scott joined ESPN in 1993 and anchored SportsCenter shows, hosted Monday Night Countdown during the NFL season and served as the lead host for NBA on ESPN and ABC. Known for catchphrases like Boo-Yah! and As cool as the other side of the pillow, Scott was diagnosed with cancer in November 2007 and dealt with recurring bouts of the disease. ESPN and everyone in the sports world have lost a true friend and a uniquely inspirational figure in Stuart Scott, ESPN president John Skipper said iin a statement.dddddddddddd Who engages in mixed martial arts training in the midst of chemotherapy treatments? Who leaves a hospital procedure to return to the set? His energetic and unwavering devotion to his family and to his work while fighting the battle of his life left us in awe, and he leaves a void that can never be replaced. Scott delivered an eloquent speech upon accepting the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance at the 2014 ESPY Awards in July, telling the audience, When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen