played just over 10 minutes

in places to be! Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:19 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

Jonny Bairstow has already scored more Test runs in a calendar year than any wicketkeeper in history - and he still has up to five games to play in 2016! The 27-year-old overtook the previous record of 1,045 registered by Zimbabwean, and former England coach, Andy Flower in 2000, during the second innings of Englands first Test against Bangladesh in Chittagong and currently stands on 1,118 at the conclusion of that series - a figure topped by no-one in world cricket so far this year.Ahead of the first Test between India and England, live on Sky Sports, we take a look back at some of the highlights of Bairstows 2016 so far and hear about them from the man himself… Bairstows Career Stats Tests Innings Not Outs Highest Runs Average Hundreds 33 56 5 167no 2,083 40.84 3 Bairstows Key 2016 Stats Tests Innings Not Outs Highest Runs Average Hundreds 12 20 3 167no 1,118 65.76 3 New Year FireworksTalk about starting the year with a bang! Jonny Bairstow told Ian Ward about his emotional maiden Test century Bairstow described day two of the second Test against South Africa in Cape Town as probably the best day of his life after he clubbed a maiden Test century and shared a record sixth-wicket stand with Ben Stokes (258). Bairstow was unbeaten on 150 from 191 balls when Alastair Cook declared on 629-6 having shared a staggering partnership of 399 with Stokes. He cut a visibly emotional figure after reaching three figures with a boundary. Bairstow looks to the heavens after completing his first Test century What Jonny said: There have been a lot of ups and downs so it is a special day, not just for myself but the people and my family that have helped me along the way. It was always going to be emotional, with my grandpa passing away last year and it approaching the anniversary of my dads death, so I am delighted to score my century in the New Years Test. Its great to play Test cricket - it tests you all the way through, so to come out with 150 is hopefully the start of a long career.A Heady TriumphBairstow had a Headingley homecoming to remember, scoring crisply in conditions that troubled others to rack up 140 out of a total of 298 while batting at seven. The Verdict panel compares Jonny Bairstow to Adam Gilchrist In short, he appeared to be playing a different game despite coming to the wicket with England in a whole heap of trouble at 83-5 and steering the innings to safety with Alex Hales (86) offering solid, if less fluent assistance. The only blip came when he had 70 when Nuwan Pradeep shelled a return catch. Anderson rather took the headlines at the close of play after obliterating Sri Lanka with 5-16 before stumps but the stunning stat of the day was that Bairstow, in four innings at Headingley for county and country in 2016, had scored 589 runs at an average of 147.25. Home is where the runs are: Bairstow scores heavily at Headingley What Jonny said: I didnt tell myself too much when I came in at 83-5 - you dont want to change too much about the way you have been playing so I didnt consciously adapt anything. I was slightly nervous in the nineties - if youre not in that situation then I think theres something wrong with you - but thankfully I was able get over the line. The runs Hales scored and the length of time he batted was imperative for us as we set a total that helped us win the game.Lauded at LordsBairstow was averaging over 106 in his six Test appearances of 2016 after racking up an unbeaten 167 at the Home of Cricket after once again going in with England struggling, on 86-4. Bairstow reflects on a special innings at Lords The No 6 had his own moments of fortune - principally when he was dropped on 11 by Shaminda Eranga at mid-wicket. Bairstow found an admirable foil as he went about compiling his second score of over 150 in Tests in Chris Woakes, who completed his maiden Test fifty to help England up to and beyond the 400 mark only for the match to eventually fizzle out into a draw because of rain. On the board: Bairstow makes his mark at HQ What Jonny said: In the past I was over-analysing things and getting far too technical. Now, though, I am standing relaxed at the crease, watching the ball, and letting the flow of the bat go through the ball. I used to play the ball slightly further in front of me and push at the ball, but now I am playing it underneath my eye line a bit later. Its been a journey - Ive gone away, worked on things, re-evaluated and trusted myself. If I get left out now Ive gone about it the way I want to go about it, not how other people want to go about it. Bairstows Test innings in 2016 Scores Opposition Venue Month 150no & 30no South Africa Cape Town January 45 & DNB South Africa Johannesburg January 0 & 14 South Africa Centurion January 140 Sri Lanka Headingley May 48 & DNB Sri Lanka Chester-le-Street May 167no & 32 Sri Lanka Lords June 29 & 48 Pakistan Lords July 58 & DNB Pakistan Old Trafford July 12 & 83 Pakistan Edgbaston August 55 & 81 Pakistan The Oval August 52 & 47 Bangladesh Chittagong October 24 & 3 Bangladesh Dhaka October Watch each of the five Tests between India and England live on Sky Sports and across our digital platforms, starting with the first Test from 3.30am on Wednesday 9th November. Also See: India v England flash points Anderson to join England tour Indias ones to watch India v England: Story of 2012 Air Max 90 Pas Cher Chine . Sami Vatanen had a goal and an assist and Anaheim used a four-goal first period to extend their winning streak to six games with a 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night. Air Max 270 France Pas Cher . Ferrer, the two-time defending champion in Buenos Aires, is aiming to win his 21st ATP tournament. Ferrer will next face fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, the fourth seed, who defeated Jeremy Chardy of France 7-6 (7), 6-3 in another quarterfinal match. https://www.grossistechaussurepascher.fr/. According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the New York Rangers winger skated with extras and goalies today. Air Max 95 Pas Cher Solde . Hollis-Jefferson went 5-for-6 from the field and added six rebounds, while Stanley Jefferson contributed 14 points for the Wildcats, who used their trademark tough defense to dominate the games final 24 minutes and advance to Tuesdays winners bracket matchup with Kansas State. Nike Air Max Soldes Pas Cher .Y. - Sven Andrighetto scored once and set up two more as the Hamilton Bulldogs hung on to defeat the host Adirondack Flames 5-3 on Tuesday in American Hockey League action.For the ninth time in the storied history of their rivalry, the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens will face off in a decisive Game 7, as the clubs battle for a berth in the conference finals Wednesday at TD Garden. Listen to all-day coverage followed by the game live on TSN Radio 690 and TSN.ca/Montreal. Also, TSN.ca will provide live streaming from the Bell Centre in Montreal during the game. The Original Six foes are deadlocked at 3-3 in the Eastern Conference semifinals and this evenings game in Boston will decide who gets to face the New York Rangers in the third round. The Rangers earned a spot in the East finals after beating Pittsburgh, 2-1, in Game 7 on Tuesday night. No rivalry in major professional sports has featured as many Game 7 battles as the one between the Bruins and Habs. Montreal is 5-3 in Game 7s against Boston, but the Bs claimed the last one with a 4-3 overtime victory at TD Garden on April 27, 2011. The Bruins, of course, went on to win their first Stanley Cup title since 1972 after surviving that opening-round series with Montreal. This marks the seventh straight season Boston will play a Game 7, setting a new NHL record. The Bruins were tied with Colorado (1998-2003) for that distinction. All told, Boston is 13-11 in Game 7s but has won four of its last five. The Canadiens are 13-9 all-time in decisive seventh games and had won four straight Game 7s before losing the 2011 clash against Boston. After losing Games 4 and 5 to fall behind 3-2 in the series, the Canadiens forced tonights contest by posting a 4-0 home win on Monday. In order to advance to the conference finals for the first time since 2010, Montreal will have to win in Boston for the first time since posting a double-overtime victory in Game 1 of this set. The Bruins, who are the top seed in the East and the defending conference champions, are 4-2 at TD Garden in this postseason. The club rallied for a 5-3 win in Game 2 and recorded a 4-2 win in Saturdays Game 5. "Go home, and get the job done," said Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron about tonights decisive battle. "We have to -- its about using (the fans) to our advantage in Game 7. Thats why you work for the home ice. Youve got to go home and be ready." Carey Price stopped 26 shots for his first shutout of the playoffs in Mondays Game 6 at the Bell Centre. Thomas Vanek scored twice, Max Pacioretty had a goal and an assist, and Lars Eller scored the other goal for the Canadiens. "At the end, we came out hard," said Vanek. "They played hard too, had some push-backs, but Price played great, as he has for all the series. We found some ways to score tonight." Montreals Nathan Beaulieu recorded an assist while making his NHL posttseason debut in Game 6.dddddddddddd Beaulieu, a 21-year-old defenseman, replaced Douglas Murray in the lineup and made a big impact when he sprung Pacioretty on a breakaway early in the second period. Pacioretty scored on Bostons Tuukka Rask to record his second goal of the playoffs and first since getting the game-winner in Game 4 of an opening-round sweep over Tampa Bay. "There were no passengers in this room tonight," said Pacioretty. "I got a bounce and waited for my chance. There was a bounce there and it landed on my stick." Rask gave up all four goals on 28 shots for the Bruins, who were blanked for the second time in these playoffs. Boston also was shut out 1-0 by Detroit in the opener of the conference quarterfinals before winning the next four games to take the series. "We should have had the momentum in this game," said Rask. "I dont think it carries over from the last game, as long as you regroup after a loss. How we handle it is how we prepare for the next one. We cant forget about what happened tonight. At the end of the day, I thought we played a pretty solid game, but we gave them some gifts." Boston holds a definite edge in terms of Game 7 experience, as Bruins captain Zdeno Chara leads all players in this series with 10 appearances. Bergeron and fellow Bruins forward Milan Lucic are next with eight Game 7s apiece. Brian Gionta leads Montreal with six Game 7s and the Habs captain is confident the less experienced Habs can pull off the series upset with a road win on Wednesday. "Weve felt confident all series against these guys," Gionta said. "We know we can bring it to them when theres no tomorrow. Theres nothing to be afraid of." Montreal forward Danny Briere was back on the ice after being a health scratch for Game 5. He played just over 10 minutes in Game 6 and didnt record a shot. Briere, however, has played in four Game 7s and has two goals and three assists in those tilts. Bergeron and Lucic lead all players in this matchup in Game 7 scoring. They each have four goals and two assists, while Bostons Brad Marchand has two goals and three helpers over five Game 7s. Price and Rask are each 1-1 in Game 7s. Montreals netminder has a 1.91 goals against average and .932 save percentage in those outings while Rask has a 3.87 GAA and .855 save percentage. This is the 34th playoff meeting between these teams, and while Montreal has won 24, Boston has won the past two series, which includes the seven-game battle in 2011. Note: Alex Galchenyuk (lower body) took part in todays optional morning skate in a non-contact jersey. If the Canadiens advance, a return in the Eastern Conference Final would be anticipated. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen